Morrissey's walk

MORRIZSEY

Wrong species
Morrissey has a very stately walk. His upper torso seems to float, while his legs appear to kick forward somewhat. His walk and gait suits him. In latter years he notably leans back on entrance to stage, unlike the more shy shuffle with coy grin of earlier years. His walk reminds me slightly of John Wayne.

He does float. It's very interesting and beautiful to watch actually. If he ever reads this now he'll be all self conscious of it and walk like a troll. :p

A friend and I were wandering around London a few years back, a bit lost on our way to a Morrissey gig. We started to see various bequiffed gentlemen doing the "Morrissey Walk," and figured we were headed in the right direction. We found the venue soon enough.

Very distinctive gait Morrissey has (in addition to everything else). Very contagious, too.

A friend and I were wandering around London a few years back, a bit lost on our way to a Morrissey gig. We started to see various bequiffed gentlemen doing the "Morrissey Walk," and figured we were headed in the right direction. We found the venue soon enough.

Classic.

Can anyone post a youtube exemplifying his gait?

IshtarGate1.jpg

:D

Yes, it's one of the seven wonders, Ishtar's gate. Here's Ishtar:

150px-Ishtar_vase_Louvre_AO17000-detail.jpg

Isn't she hawt? Seems like someone Morrissey would be into. :D

Morrissey has a very stately walk. His upper torso seems to float, while his legs appear to kick forward somewhat. His walk and gait suits him. In latter years he notably leans back on entrance to stage, unlike the more shy shuffle with coy grin of earlier years. His walk reminds me slightly of John Wayne.

He might walk like John Wayne but he runs like Mr Humphries

He might walk like John Wayne but he runs like Mr Humphries

:rofl: I have no idea who Mr. Humphries is but Morrissey's run is as unique as his walk. I've only ever seen it when he's running off stage after taking his shirt off. Maybe he's trying not to slip on his ass or something but it's endearingly hilarious.

:rofl: I have no idea who Mr. Humphries is but Morrissey's run is as unique as his walk. I've only ever seen it when he's running off stage after taking his shirt off. Maybe he's trying not to slip on his ass or something but it's endearingly hilarious.

Its the way he swings his arm out,all it needs is a handbag.

Mr Humphries is the camp guy from Are You Being Served,a 70s sitcom from the UK

He walks as if he is floating on air because of his constant farts due to garbanzo bean consumption.

In the 13 or so years of this board I'm surprised this has never had its own thread, but there it is.
When I first saw the video for Tomorrow I thought "Yes, I want to walk that way."

Back
Top Bottom