Votes: 8 6.5%
  • There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • other

Votes: 11 8.9%

• Total voters
I vote FOTGTD.
It's just so boring.
Maybe because it's been played to death.
HSIN is quite monotonous, but I think that adds to it's appeal - I have fond memories of the song.
How can people say that I Know It's Over and Now My Heart Is Full are overrated! Surely the latter is underrated!

I completely agree with HSIN, tho I voted Dear God, Please Help Me. I must be missing something with this song :confused: Just 'meh'... I always skip it. Give me Come Back to Camden anyday. Or Ganglord :guitar:

You just made me run off to listen to Dear God, Please Help me - I love that song.

I do not understand the messianic fervor that surround "Lost" and "The Never Played Symphonies." Both are good songs, but people go bonkers over both.

I'm sorry. But if these songs don't do anything for you guys then I'm wondering if you even grasp the idea that Morrissey has been trying to convey.

And i'm not saying this because I "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE" these songs like that, but it's true. It's Morrissey pouring out his heart. These songs can be liked unconditionally by the whole world and STILL not be overrated. Given that we understand Morrissey and his perspectives of life.

I think the two hundred plus Morrissey/Smiths songs that I listen to on a loop everyday have got the point across.

If you read it correctly, you'll notice it was the tune rather the lyrics that I've never connected with in a major way. That's not to say I don't like the song, just because something's overrated doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

Last edited:
I listened to it again and clearly the strings are real. Which means it's official, TTAAOTP is one of my favorites. Now please continue with your discussion I so rudely interrupted. Sorry.

Well the main string part in TTAAOTP is from shoshkovich's (sp?) 5th, but some of the string parts toward the end of the song are not, so i'm assuming these actually are SYNTH additions to the song. (sorry to break that to you). likewise, it seems we rank among the very few who find TTAAOTP one of the more dominant moz songs. i could die happily if he played it live again with boz and the boys...

I think the two hundred plus Morrissey/Smiths songs that I listen to on a loop everyday have got the point across.

If you read it correctly, you'll notice it was the tune rather the lyrics that I've never connected with in a major way. That's not to say I don't like the song, just because something's overrated doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

True.

Back
Top Bottom