Moz lyrics set off Latino gang photos

This site is pretty remarkable, actually a celebration of California culture, and a helluva lot more too! I love California, and I really would not want to live anywhere else. For me there are two Californias, the deadly desert of Southern California and the lush green Northern California where a man can go to his local shop and buy the finest hashish legally. Course you can do that in LA too.. But I digress.

This site is really worth checking out because it goes beyond California.
Heres a restored Airstream owned by Ralph Lauren on his Colorado ranch.
I own one nearly identical and I live in it, its my home. So I am posting it.
(Ralph's, not mine...)

hosl19_lauren.jpg

Excellent site. Seeing vintage shots of LA....(sigh) oh the memories. Its inspired me to pick up my camera and start shooting again.

Nice photography, however I disagree with the way most of us, latinos/hispanics, are usually perceived because of the gangs.

Still, nice pictures.

The Latino-Morrissey bond has gotten a lot of stick over the years -- not sure why. I'm far removed from that world but I still get it. It's all there in the romanticism, passion, toughness and imagery. And hair.

The dismissal of this considerable and dedicated following has the faintest whiff of racism, unconscious though it may be. The claims of unruly and disrespectful behaviour at gigs may be true, but that's happening everywhere it seems!

Back
Top Bottom