Moz on senility - interesting quote.

"I don't want to walk onstage with a hair transplant, with shoes on the wrong foot. I find pop senility totally appalling to witness and obviously there's so many strong examples of it now. I don't want to haul the carcass across the studio floor and reach for the bathchair as I put down the vocal." (Feb '88)

'I don't plan to go on much longer, really. I think that would suggest a lack of imagination. And a lack of dignity also.'

Absolutely true to himself, then.

:pray::tears:

Please be true. Seperation is more dangerous.

If he stops, I die. To say the least.

Okay, maybe not, but it's absolutley impossible to imagine a world without him as an artist and performer. Sad.

Although he did get the New York Dolls back together, so who knows, maybe his views have changed? David Johanssen is pushing 60 now.

Here's my take on Moz:

I fell in love with his music and his IMAGE in the late 80's, early 90's. i guess i'm still holding on to those memories. Realistically, I don't think I would be as intrigued by Moz today if I was a newbie. But I am loyal to Moz just like a share holder is loyal to a stock that he hopes and hopes will increase in value although he's seen a steady decrease in price (weird analogy, I know).

IDK, I guess I'm moving on in life.

If he stops, I die. To say the least.

Okay, maybe not, but it's absolutley impossible to imagine a world without him as an artist and performer. Sad.

This is how I feel. I don't know what would fill the void.

He's only 50! People are talking like he's in his late 70s. Lord.

Last edited:
So was Michael Jackson only 50. You just never know.

We're not talking about death. We're talking about performing. Morrissey has far more dignity than Michael Jackson had. Morrissey could perform into his 70s and still retain his dignity, depending on how he did it. It's not like he's in a hair metal band or something. He's MORRISSEY! He just stands there and sings. It's beautiful.

Here's my take on Moz:

I fell in love with his music and his IMAGE in the late 80's, early 90's. i guess i'm still holding on to those memories. Realistically, I don't think I would be as intrigued by Moz today if I was a newbie. But I am loyal to Moz just like a share holder is loyal to a stock that he hopes and hopes will increase in value although he's seen a steady decrease in price (weird analogy, I know).

IDK, I guess I'm moving on in life.

i'm more into him than ever. He and his music doesn't disappoint.

He may just want to reconsider removing his shirt in the future.

He called "senile" and "decrepit" a man in his 60's when he was younger. Those immature views are to be expected in a teenager, but our boy always seemed to talk that way about "older" people.
I hope he's grown enough to reconsider what "being old" really is.

He could pull a Sinatra. No one badmouths him for performing into his later years. He just needs to go in that direction musically.

Back
Top Bottom