Need some cheering up...

elles

Feel soooo sad. Travelled from Europe to New York to see Morrissey and was so looking forward to it (like more people overhere I guess). I know it is a risk to travel so far for a concert (but if you don't play you don't win....), so took the risk. People here think I regret going to NY, but I had a great time there. Am just sad about missing the concert though. It doesn't matter where it was, it was cancelled .... (think I could hear my heart break, when I learned he was ill). Used to think it was like buying a ticket for a movie or something, you have the ticket, so you get to go, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Am very glad he is better now and to hear shows are being rescheduled (have been going round the house to look for things to sell to make some money...:), but don't think I can afford to return.....)
Just wanted to get that off my chest to people who might understand...:o

Hope everyone who is going to the coming concerts have a nice time (think you will ;))

Feel soooo sad. Travelled from Europe to New York to see Morrissey and was so looking forward to it (like more people overhere I guess). I know it is a risk to travel so far for a concert (but if you don't play you don't win....), so took the risk. People here think I regret going to NY, but I had a great time there. Am just sad about missing the concert though. It doesn't matter where it was, it was cancelled .... (think I could hear my heart break, when I learned he was ill). Used to think it was like buying a ticket for a movie or something, you have the ticket, so you get to go, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Am very glad he is better now and to hear shows are being rescheduled (have been going round the house to look for things to sell to make some money...:), but don't think I can afford to return.....)

Hope everyone who is going to the coming concerts have a nice time (think you will ;))

I've had the very same emotions, and on more than one occasion. If you want cheering up, try this-- despite the low you feel, the next time you see Morrissey in concert, as soon as the lights are cut and the intro music begins, all will be forgotten and you will be treated to one of the best shows you've ever attended. That happened to me and I'm sure the same will happen to you.

As a fellow Moz-traveler...I feel for you. That must have been a huge financial waste and a disappointment as well. I don't know what else to say...oh! I know! You got to see New York, and was it amazing? Besides, Morrissey was probably in the city was well...and that must have been a comforting feeling!!!!!!

I feel bad for you Elles, did you get to visit the World Trade Center ruins at least? I'm sure Mozzy will tour Europe soon....my heart goes out to you :)

I feel bad for you Elles, did you get to visit the World Trade Center ruins at least? I'm sure Mozzy will tour Europe soon....my heart goes out to you :)

'Cause that would have made the trip all worthwhile? Way to cheer someone up DA- I mean Dlish!

Elles- I am so sorry that you came all this way and didn't get to see Moz. I hope he tours in Europe again soon and you're in the front row! Have a good trip home.

I so Know how you feel. Disappointment can feel like a physical pain.Its just fate and unavoidable.I`m sure you`ll see him soon.And I know what its like to want something and have to scrap around and sell stuff.I`ve had to sell lots of my possessions so my kids can go on their school trips and have decent stuff.Its always me that goes without.I even sold some of my Morrissey cds(shock horror!!:eek:)so my daughter saved up her pocket money and got her friends` 18 year old sister to win the same ones back off ebay.What a sweetie.She does still moan though when I play them.

Thanks all of you for trying to cheer me up. You are right, thanks to moz I did get to see NY, always wanted to, but don't think I would have gone without him.. and it really is a great city. Don't think I have seen even half of it though, so another trip really would not be wasted... Am now going to play some morrissey dvd's.. and hope indeed he will be doing another concert closer to home some time soon. He was always on my top 3 list of concerts to see and after the first time (been there 6 times) I thought now I can go on and live happily ever after, but you just become addicted and want to see as many as you can...

I so Know how you feel. Disappointment can feel like a physical pain.Its just fate and unavoidable.I`m sure you`ll see him soon.And I know what its like to want something and have to scrap around and sell stuff.I`ve had to sell lots of my possessions so my kids can go on their school trips and have decent stuff.Its always me that goes without.I even sold some of my Morrissey cds(shock horror!!:eek:)so my daughter saved up her pocket money and got her friends` 18 year old sister to win the same ones back off ebay.What a sweetie.She does still moan though when I play them.

That is more sad than my story. I will not moan anymore, at least I got to go to New York. I guess it just wasn't meant to be :(. What a sweet daughter you have .....:)

That's upsetting. I'm sorry.

The PNC Show is still on (I think...) and that's only a half hour away. I can't imagine travelling so far for a cancellation...

DXS

I will not moan anymore, at least I got to go to New York. I guess it just wasn't meant to be :(. What a sweet daughter you have .....:)

You are so lucky that you went to New York, some of us who live here in ther U.S. haven't gotten a chance to travel there yet :(

You are so lucky that you went to New York, some of us who live here in ther U.S. haven't gotten a chance to travel there yet :(
You are right. There are so many people who have it much worse than me. No more moaning. It doesn't make me feel better, still feel bad, but it is unfair to moan...

Also for instance when I was there saw a lot of homeless people on the streets, they have more right to complain..

I feel bad for anyone from Europe who missed out on the concerts. I came from Cleveland to Philly and was so mad. Yeah I understand and everything but it just sucks. Hopefully I'll get to use my 4th row but don't think so. Least I didn't travel from overseas.

You are right. There are so many people who have it much worse than me. No more moaning. It doesn't make me feel better, still feel bad, but it is unfair to moan...

Also for instance when I was there saw a lot of homeless people on the streets, they have more right to complain..

well stuff like that is all relative. i do feel very sorry for you....that really sucks what happened. hopefully you'll be paid back with some great luck some day...who knows

karma will ensure you'll be ok. You seem like you have a good soul!! At least you got to see Zoo York.

Oh man. Thats a bummer. Sorry for your trouble. Well at least you had a good time in NY.

My first Moz concert would have been Glasgow 91. Saved up so hard to get there (only from Manchester but it was still a lot of money for a skint student). Got to the concert hall & saw the sign on the door about the cancellation and was heartbroken so I know how you feel :). That experience always left me a little bit paranoid though about it happening again - I have travelled to Europe for Moz but wouldnt spend £300 or whatever on the flight just in case.... Strictly Ryanair & Jet2!

Back
Top Bottom