Nevermind the Buzzcocks

Morrissey/'First of the the Gang' on Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Meant to post sooner that FOTG featured in 'guess the intros' last week on Never Mind the Buzzcocks performed unrecognisably by some R&B bloke and Phil Jupitus. It was guessed correctly altho as a song by The Smiths (which wasn't corrected).

Simon Amstell quipped (words to the effect of):
'Morrissey recently rescued the 'Love Music Hate Racism' concert with a last minute donation. He asked for it to be mainly spent on the "Love Music" bit'!

Re: Morrissey/'First of the the Gang' on Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Meant to post sooner that FOTG featured in 'guess the intros' last week on Never Mind the Buzzcocks performed unrecognisably by some R&B bloke and Phil Jupitus. It was guessed correctly altho as a song by The Smiths (which wasn't corrected).

'Morrissey recently rescued the 'Love Music Hate Racism' concert with a last minute donation. He asked for it to be mainly spent on the "Love Music" bit'!

I saw that. I never usually watch it to be honest. It was strange when they did FOTG- it was more of an immediate gut reaction that told me what song it was meant to be. I was so surprised and smug when I was proved to be right :cool:

I didn't get it! But I believe that's because I never actually thought such a song would be played on it.

I love Simon Amstell...but that joke was one of the worst/tamest I've ever heard from him.

This was f***ing ridiculous! Rob Webb went 'Oh yeah, it's the smiths, First... gang... something about dying in a gang?'

Still... canny funny.

It wasn't Phil Jupitus, it was the one who presents Big Brother, Dermot... Someone called Dermot. :p Arlene Philips was dancing/swaying as they were playing the real clip. :p

It wasn't Phil Jupitus, it was the one who presents Big Brother, Dermot... Someone called Dermot. :p Arlene Philips was dancing/swaying as they were playing the real clip. :p

Dermot O'leary!! I love him :p This clip is cool, even though the guesser thought it was The Smiths cool stuff. :D

ps why was this off topic!! its Morrissey woooo lol

Aww and Phil mouthed "Los Angeles, you are too hot". :)

Right, so who was the naughty mod who moved this to 'off topic'?!

This topic involves a Morrissey song being played on a terrestrial UK channel i.e. to millions of people. It included a joke at Morrissey's expense implying that he is not in the clear with the whole racism/immigration issue

We know how sensitive Morrissey is to any accusations of racism (hence the threatened legal action against NME/Word) so when it gets inferred on national telly that he's actually still got dodgy views, why the heck is this considered 'off topic'?

This topic involves a Morrissey song being played on a terrestrial UK channel i.e. to millions of people. It included a joke at Morrissey's expense implying that he is not in the clear with the whole racism/immigration issue

We know how sensitive Morrissey is to any accusations of racism (hence the threatened legal action against NME/Word) so when it gets inferred on national telly that he's actually still got dodgy views, why the heck is this considered 'off topic'?

oi its in general. In case you had not noticed. :p
and never mind the "joke" Simon gets at everyone.

oi its in general. In case you had not noticed. :p
and never mind the "joke" Simon gets at everyone.

ok, I will stop throwing toys out of pram!
I like Simon Amstell. a very amusing chap and I laffed at the joke.
but if Moz had heard, reckon he would've not been amused to say the least...

Who is the plonker with the gnome hat on doing his ''human beatbox'' to this intro:confused::rolleyes:

PS I actually do not wish to know who he is..... just asking the metaphorical question to myself.... ''who the f***ing hell is that''?

Jukebox Jury

quite sorry. i posted this myself into the off topic forum. i live in canada and watch the program solely through youtube clippings that are posted. so i wasn't aware how much of an audience it received in england. the last time i posted a NMTB link which mentioned the smiths i posted in off topic. so this time appears to have been out of habit.

Back
Top Bottom