Niagara Falls, NY - Rapids Theatre (Oct. 19, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Maladjusted / Black Cloud / Still Ill / Fantastic Bird / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / Scandinavia / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Sweet And Tender Hooligan // How Soon Is Now?

set list from setlist.fm via somedizzywhore.com. Link posted by LazyDyke.

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm pretty sure the writers of the good book didn't foresee the greed that would lead to something as atrocious as factory farming.

Having said that, people don't like to be told what to do. Their brains shut down the second you cast judgement. THey need to be encouraged and rewarded for participating in something that heals and is positive. That's my opinion on preaching vegetarianism. It ain't gonna be easy! :p I like a challenge.

The bible was written as the word of God. God is all knowing. He knew how it would turn out. He even knew I'd be an atheist but he made me anyway. Good Guy God.

New zealand should be scrapped from this tour on the grounds of animal welfare! You know it, I know it, so why does Morrissey not? They slash sheeps throats without stunning them ! WRONG,WRONG,WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to again thank the person who captured the Sweet and tender Hooligan playing...as sadly I violently fainted and crashed to the ground the second he took the stage and was carried out of the concert. I missed the entire show. Also, thank you to anyone around the left bar area who assisted my husband in getting me up and out. As well as a sincere thank you to the security staff and emt who was wonderful......the only good news is I am attending Tuesday in Pittsburgh, it will not be the same at this venue...however, I will wish for a rare playing of....oh the rumored Bigmouth Strikes Again would be just fine.

It never fails to make me laugh at Morrissey gigs before and after have a look around at McDs and his fans are all in there
with their t-shirts on eating half pounders or elephants feet at the kebab shop,they remind me of patients chain smoking in their p- js at the hospital entrance, LOL.............Louder!

That is the best and funniest comment on here.
My guess is only 7.5% of his audience eat sprouts! ha ha

Just what is the importance of being Morrissey these days? No new songs!Lost cause on the meat debate and he can't play golf for toffee (candy)!!!!

For example, a 'big' interest is the right to a happy pain free life without torture or premature death forced upon you. As is the interest to have ones life not interfered with in a way that one cant defend. This is a big interest to sentient beings. be it cow, pig, dog or human. These big interests should be preserved and valued at the highest degree, full stop.

... because we have uniquely developed brains and have evolved a deep understanding of ethics and morals. Veggies and vegans prove by way of there long lived healthy existence that consuming animals is unnecessary.

Nature doesn't bestow rights. Rights are a human construct. We haven't evolved to understand ethics, but rather, after we developed higher brain function, we were able to create ethical and moral systems. And animals don't have rights.

Of course, I'm speaking from a materialist position. If one believes morality came from some higher power like a god, then that is another position all together. But even under the Abrahamic god's moral code, animals don't have rights.

It doesn't mean animals can't have rights. Peter Singer, as you know, argues for higher primates to be granted rights. But he doesn't think other animals should be given rights. Because the flip side of having rights is having moral responsibility. If we grant an animal the right to not be killed, then the animal must also then be held morally accountable to refrain from killing as well. And animals are not capable of this type of rational decision making.

Of course, this doesn't mean humans should kill animals. I'm not gonna go there. But, I was just taking issue with your use of the concept rights.

Last edited:
First ever Morrissey show. My stars, what a night. Best concert that I have ever been to. I just want to go to more now, but being poor and Canadian sucks for being a Moz fan. I sang my lungs out.
My only gripe was this stupid drunk New Yorker who talked during Kristeen Young's WHOLE setlist about the dumbest things. It took her like 10 minutes to realize that it wasn't Siouxsie Sioux. I just wanted to smack her. Thankfully she moved for the Morrissey show. I thought many people were very disrespectful during Kristeen Young. She did a good job and to just be ignored by swaths of people when you're on stage has got to be pretty disheartening.

using 'liking morrissey for his music' is a rubbish cheap way of bulking up an argument.

Yeah silly us, liking MUSICIANS for MUSIC. The meat eaters are not the ones trying to make an argument or bulk up and argument, its the veggie brigade who seem to think that liking Morrissey and eating meat are just complete contradictions. I really am missing the strong vegetarian messages in Lucky Lisp, My Dearest Love and TLOTFIP. Meat is Murder sounds like a nice song, but I don't agree with it's message at all and therefore it is way way down my list that he does. It is very possible to like Morrissey for his music and block out the stuff you're sick of hearing about when it comes to his stance of vegetarianism because I've realised that different people hold different philosophies and that's just the way things go. I have friends who are different religions to me, should I not be their friend because I think what they believe in is rubbish? No, we just don't get drawn into that sort of stuff and we enjoy all the things we have in common together like going to the footy or seeing a band etc...

Morrissey's stance on vegetarianism has absolutely no baring at all on my like or dislike of him. I like Morrissey for his music.

Mrs. T.S. and I were at the Rapids Theater show. It was our first time seeing Morrissey although we've both been fans since before we met, and we're old on top of it. The show far surpassed our expectations, and we expected it to be great! I'm still singing the songs in my head, for two days it was Sh0plifters but for some reason today it's Fatty (I don't even like that song all that much).

Otherwise, we're not gay nor vegetarians nor offended or upset by Meet Your Meat and we do believe that Mr. M. should be able to do whatever he chooses during a show and we disliked Kristeen Young alot so we stood in the back so our talking didn't bother anyone. In other words, I've got nothing else to share!

Our thanks to people who've posted videos, we'll be replaying this one for years to come!

Yers,

T. Salad

While the cats away keep your eye out you might see the band having a crafty triple burger or a rack of hippo ribs at the steakhouse

We drove from Toronto to see our first Morrissey show. A fan of the Smiths since day one . Have never seen Morrissey live. My son and I were blown away. No idea his band was that heavy, doesn't really come across in videos. Perhaps it was the small venue, but the sound was unreal and they were totally into the show. Morrissey was hilarious talking about how is mother named him. His timing is impeccable and could definitely have been a great comedian. His voice was classic.

Would definitely do a road trip to see him again on this tour. Friday's show was epic. Hey Morrissey, please stop being mad at Canada. 99% of us are civilized.

First Morrissey concert. My son and I were completely blown away by how tight his band is right now. You can't appreciate it on video. Perhaps the small venue, or the great sound quality, they laid down a wicked set Friday night.
Morrissey's voice is 10 out of 10. We will definitely take a road trip to see him again, but come on Morrissey, stop being mad at Canada. We really are 99% civilized.

My last video of the night that I recorded:
Let Me Kiss You
http://youtu.be/haOVOXnVEeE

I apologize it took so long to upload them to Youtube.
Enjoy!

Mike

There is a really powerful and popular book that speaks about this. It's called the bible.
The bible says that God created animals for people to eat.

That being said, I think Meat is Murder is a pretty good live song despite the fact that I eat meat.

The bible also promotes slavery, rape, selling daughters as sex slaves and bashing babies against rocks.

Lots of negativity floating around in here. I was a huge Smiths fan and followed Moz for 2 or 3 albums afterward. I started to lose interest when he started opening his yap about stuff like vegetarianism, etc. From what I read here, some of his current fans are guilty of the same douche-baggary. This whole expression of love for animals, coupled with a disrespect for your fellow human being is laughable. Live your life the way you see fit but keep your trite comments about how others live theirs to yourself. I'm gonna go eat a big fat veal chop now, in your honour. ...cause if God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat. ;)

No, I listen to Moz for his music.

I'm confident I'm not the only person who didn't enjoy "Meat is Murder", as it garnered very little applause or cheering. Funny that, isn't it? We're not all the same, are we?

What soapbox? I don't give a crap what you lot think. Frankly, you who think Moz fans must be vegetarian or else are delusional. Not me.

So much for listening to an artist for their music. Gasp.

Please post your address and i will be there within 48 hrs with a hakapik so that we can discuss your views.

Back
Top Bottom