NME: "Watch Johnny Marr perform a Smiths classic with Gaz Coombes" (August 14, 2023)

Watch Johnny Marr perform a Smiths classic with Gaz Coombes

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out with Gax Coombes. Only a brief clip.
Regards,
FWD.

full

Yeah, I just got tired of listenin' to it.
There were some other things that took a couple listens to
get into so I gave it a couple chances and then just passed.

nooooo Wild T! don’t ya ever change!

tell them where they can schtick it !

Thought the song Ariel was ok, but then I realized that I'd
never even put Ariel on a playlist, so I stopped listenin'.
No shame in that. Probably a bit of credit. Ariel isn’t completely shit. But that’s probably just me? It’s probably ‘OK’ in the real world.

I love Supergrass. As it happens I've been listening to their old albums quite a bit lately.

In It For The Money is an excellent album if you want to get into them.

The proof that the world is full of crashing bores, that guitarist sings horrible. And certainly can't play his own music like before.

They openly dislike Moz but happily sing ( or try that is ) his lyrics because they know that they're utterly brilliant. Without those words you are a nobody Mr. Mahr. I'll never understand it.

What exactly is wrong with criticising a Johnny Marr record? I find myself skipping most of the tracks on a Marr album.
It seems you really don’t understand what I said.

They openly dislike Moz but happily sing ( or try that is ) his lyrics because they know that they're utterly brilliant. Without those words you are a nobody Mr. Mahr. I'll never understand it.

4 top 10 albums each charting higher than the one before suggest otherwise.

I ignore the Marr hostility here. I sincerely believe that Morrissey owes a tremendous debt to Johnny, and vice versa. I think Fever Dreams is packed with wonderful songs, and all Smiths fans should respect and venerate Johnny. Stop drinking that sour grapes wine that Moz so expertly ferments. It's healthier to love them both!

It's still so jarring to me to be used to these songs with Morrissey's vocals, then hear Johnny attempt it. Marr cannot sing and he certainly should not try to sing something Morrissey sings. When I saw Johnny live, I could kind of tune out his voice and just listent to the guitar and other music, it's harder on a video.

It's still so jarring to me to be used to these songs with Morrissey's vocals, then hear Johnny attempt it. Marr cannot sing and he certainly should not try to sing something Morrissey sings. When I saw Johnny live, I could kind of tune out his voice and just listent to the guitar and other music, it's harder on a video.
And at gigs his vocals seem very low in the sound mix .. wise

4 top 10 albums each charting higher than the one before suggest otherwise.
Are you actually trying to compare their solo careers? Hilarious. Ever hear a crowd chanting Marr!!?? Or seen someone rush the stage at one of his shows? His voice is non existent. Truly laughable...

If Johnny Marr could swallow his pride, he'd get together with Rick Astley and tour The Smiths songs. As sad as that might seem, at least it would actually sound good, to judge by Rick's Glastonbury performance, and it wouldn't be as sad as the depths Johnny has descended to in his solo 'career', which this latest clip testifies to. Marr is probably regretting now that he was so quick to piss on the Rick Astley/Blossoms thing.

Are you actually trying to compare their solo careers? Hilarious. Ever hear a crowd chanting Marr!!?? Or seen someone rush the stage at one of his shows? His voice is non existent. Truly laughable...

Now that you mention it, it is rather hilarious to compare them. Marr is a revered figure in rock and is actually signed to a major label. And yes, if you go to a Johnny Marr show, the chant goes "Johnny, Johnny, Johnny F'n Marr". And yes, I was at a show with several stage invasions in LA.

Where in my post have I compared their careers and yes I have heard crowds chanting Marrs name.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom