Noel Gallagher: Morrissey is the Real True Royal (June 3, 2023)

In a recent Interview Noel Gallagher praises Morrissey calling him the real King.

He also praises Johnny Marr, Robert Smith & Echo and the Bunnymen & others.

https://www.nme.com/features/music-interviews/noel-gallagher-interview-oasis-council-skies-3451058

Excerpt:

He’s just arrived from rehearsals for said tour, which, along with the football, kept him from the weekend’s celebrations of the coronation of King Charles. No, he wasn’t invited. “I’ve never met a royal,” shrugs Gallagher. “Morrissey? He counts as a royal, I suppose – and [Echo & The Bunnymen’s] Ian McCulloch, he’s royalty.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Cos he has always given Moz his due and never slagged him off, unlike others too many to mention. Moz is absolutely music royalty and should be treated as such. Instead he can't even get a record deal. Shameful.

Ah ok. Though he kind of ruined it when he followed that Ian McCulloch is also royalty.

Does anyone know if Noel Gallagher is signed to a big label or does he have his own label?

I love Noel, his descriptions of going out with M are hilarious
And he does a really funny impression of him. Theres a clip on YouTube where he sees Noel near his house and he starts slagging off Paul Wellers jumpers from the 80s, its very funny

And he does a really funny impression of him. Theres a clip on YouTube where he sees Noel near his house and he starts slagging off Paul Wellers jumpers from the 80s, its very funny
I have not seen that one, if you can think of any keywords for me to search I would appreciate it!

I have not seen that one, if you can think of any keywords for me to search I would appreciate it!
Ive just had a look Redacted and i can't bloody find it, i think its one of those questions and answers sessions he does with Matt Morgan, youd have to watch them all to find it but they are bloody funny. But the one which comes up first is his night out with Russell and Moz in LA where an american comes up to Moz to congratulate him on William and Kates wedding, Moz, of all people, very funny

Does anyone know if Noel Gallagher is signed to a big label or does he have his own label?
He puts his records out on his own Sour Mash label. I can't quite tell what links (if any) that label has with Sony. The Ignition label does the "services and marketing" work for Sour Mash, apparently.

He puts his records out on his own Sour Mash label. I can't quite tell what links (if any) that label has with Sony. The Ignition label does the "services and marketing" work for Sour Mash, apparently.
Ah yes Sour Mash. That rings a bell. Hmm, I was just wondering if Noel and Morrissey could have a pint and discuss a record deal. Too much to hope for?

Ah yes Sour Mash. That rings a bell. Hmm, I was just wondering if Noel and Morrissey could have a pint and discuss a record deal. Too much to hope for?
I'd love that to happen (I just want to hear both of these albums!) but maybe even someone like Noel, who clearly admires Morrissey as a genius, might shudder at the thought of any kind of business relationship with him...

I'd love that to happen (I just want to hear both of these albums!) but maybe even someone like Noel, who clearly admires Morrissey as a genius, might shudder at the thought of any kind of business relationship with him...
I think he’d jump at the chance. Doubt Moz is interested, unfortunately, since he’s said he wants a big label.

I'm sorry. Noel Gallagher is an untalented hack without an original thought in his head. He knows he got lucky and is totally unworthy of the success that his old band achieved.

Ive just had a look Redacted and i can't bloody find it, i think its one of those questions and answers sessions he does with Matt Morgan, youd have to watch them all to find it but they are bloody funny. But the one which comes up first is his night out with Russell and Moz in LA where an american comes up to Moz to congratulate him on William and Kates wedding, Moz, of all people, very funny
Thank you for looking, I will check it out, sounds great :lbf:

A lot of people still subscribe to the idea that Oasis were nothing but imitators, mindlessly following in the footsteps of their idols, perpetrated by music journalists in the 90’s and eaten up by every sod too lazy to think for themselves. Sure, Noel (and Liam, who wrote some fantastic songs in the latter part of the band’s career) was heavily influenced by the Stones, T Rex, Beatles (a lot less, though, than what’s been said) and the Pistols, but at the end of the day, their music still sounds like Oasis. Nothing else. An Oasis era Noel Gallagher song could not have been written by anyone else.

I'm sorry. Noel Gallagher is an untalented hack without an original thought in his head. He knows he got lucky and is totally unworthy of the success that his old band achieved.
What're you sorry for? It's just your opinion. We can take it. You're entitled to not like Noel.

Yeah unfortunately Morrissey is one stubborn son of a gun and probably would find it emasculating being on Noel's label. Groan!

Back
Top Bottom