North America tour information

Even those of us who live here agree with you whole-heartedly. Stockton has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I keep waiting for this show announcement to be outed as some sort of cruel, elaborate joke.

I feel your pain!
I lived in the Central Valley from 1990-2006, Fresno to be exact........., I know what I'm talking about when I say it sucks, I felt like I was suffocating towards the end before I got out of there! Unfortunately, my imidiate family still lives there and once a month I make the 4hr drive to visit......missing my family is the only downside to getting the hell out of there.......oh and parking/empty roads was a good thing there, other than that it sucks ass.

why do you guys hate stockton or the Central Valley? I'm curious.

Re: ok

i realize it's way early in the game, but if anyone wants to talk about splitting a Stockton hotel room on the nights of 26+27 April, do let me know.

I would love to share a hotel room with you, but i am not going to Stockton. :D

;) ;)

why do you guys hate stockton or the Central Valley? I'm curious.

Hate is too strong a word to discribe my feelings towards it now, but when I lived there, YES I totally hated it. Central California is like it's own RED STATE within the BLUE STATE of California.

Doesn't it seem odd that Moz will play Stockton, California on 27 April, then who knows where, and then comes back to California for the Hollywood Bowl on 08 June, over a month later, and then end up in New York almost a month after that on 30 June.

Seems a bit of a bizarre zig zag over the country.

I wonder if there will be a lot of west coast shows for the month of May or is there no logic in the way a tour travels?

Doesn't it seem odd that Moz will play Stockton, California on 27 April, then who knows where, and then comes back to California for the Hollywood Bowl on 08 June, over a month later, and then end up in New York almost a month after that on 30 June.

yea i was thinking the same thing. two things i thought...
maybe he is going to be recording for some time during the tour so he needs to go back to CA.
or maybe the managment/production just sucks and dont know how to book a proper tour.

I wonder if there will be a lot of west coast shows for the month of May or is there no logic in the way a tour travels?

yea i was thinking the same thing. two things i thought...
maybe he is going to be recording for some time during the tour so he needs to go back to CA.
or maybe the managment/production just sucks and dont know how to book a proper tour.

yes...very interesting. maybe the Madison Square Garden show is a one off show...in which case it may be in the arena.

or maybe most the tour will be a west coast tour. we already getting strong rumor morrissey is playing seattle.

WHAT.....EVER!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have fun in Stockton........IF YOU CAN! :rolleyes:

ohh Im not going either......

but it would be fun, It is a cool old theater, Ive been to a show there....
Stocktons actually a neat town, in terms of the built environment, if we could only transplant the people....

yes...very interesting. maybe the Madison Square Garden show is a one off show...in which case it may be in the arena.

It's not the Ennio Morricone show that was talked about a few months ago, is it? The one where Moz was going to since a few numbers in front of the big band? Can you imagine "Dear God, Please Help Me" sung to the New York social elite?

Re: Atlanta Show?

I can't imagine him missing Brazil again... :(
OK, we're talking about a North-American tour, but...

An E-mail from The Paramount Theatre

may mean nothing at all. Am I the only one scouring the internet for hours each day trying to find new information?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon 3/12/2007 3:57 PM
To: info
Cc:
Subject: Morrissey

I'm interested in buying any of the promotional materials to be used for the
May 6th Morrissey gig. Can you point me in the right direction?

Bryce Beamish

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

E-mail response from The Paramount:

We currently have no information about a Morrissey show. Often, artists release their tour schedules before the booking process has been completed with the venues. **The best way to receive advance notice of on sale dates is to visit www.theparamount.com or www.themoore.com <http://www.themoore.com/> and join our weekly on sale e-mail list. You will get one e-mail a week with information about upcoming events and special discounts.

As a general rule, tickets go on sale 4-8 weeks prior to any scheduled event. Once on sale, you can purchase tickets and find ticket prices by contacting Ticketmaster at 206-292-2787, from their website, www.ticketmaster.com or at one of their outlets.

If it is convenient, once tickets are on sale for any given performance, they can be purchased at our Theatre Box Offices which are Walk up Service only; The Paramount Theatre box office, located at 9th & Pine, is open Monday through Friday, 10am to 6 pm and The Moore Theatre box office, located at 2nd & Virginia, is open Tuesday through Friday, 11am to 2:30pm and 3:15pm to 6pm. Please note that the theatre does not sell tickets or have availability information through email, by fax or phone.

It's not the Ennio Morricone show that was talked about a few months ago, is it? The one where Moz was going to since a few numbers in front of the big band? Can you imagine "Dear God, Please Help Me" sung to the New York social elite?

no...it would make no sense. True-to-you wouldn't announce it as a morrissey show. it would be an Ennio Morricone show.

Re: An E-mail from The Paramount Theatre

Is it possible that this whole "North America Tour" is just one cruel joke? BECAUSE weren't the dates for this tour supposed to come out last week? AND how on earth are we going to buy tickets for this supposed "Tour" on the 17th when we have no info what-so-ever? I was so excited once this "tour" was announced, but now I just get my hopes up, and get shot down every day when I check the internet constantly for updates. Come on with it already!

AND how on earth are we going to buy tickets for this supposed "Tour" on the 17th when we have no info what-so-ever?

I think, from the true-to-you latest, the date of tickets going on sale has been changed.

"Morrissey will play the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on Friday 8 June, and Madison Square Garden in New York City on Saturday 30 June. Tickets for both dates, and for all dates on Morrissey's upcoming US tour, will be available within the next two weeks."

may mean nothing at all. Am I the only one scouring the internet for hours each day trying to find new information?

Ahh, Beamish, I think the Paramount people are just giving you their standard line. I find that in many of these cases, they know, but they can't/won't say anything until the contracts have been signed and the proper announcements have been made. May 6 does seem correct though if you look at the intinerary.

And mods_vs_rockers - viva Greg Dulli! :)

only 29 of the dates have been announced now so far...dont lose hope anyone.

i just dont understand how the tix are going on sale in 4 days and they havent even announced all the shows yet, plus ticketmaster has not even announced anything. why make it so hectic :( :confused:
they havent even booked some (if any) of those venues yet! (ive emailed some of them).

only 29 of the dates have been announced now so far...dont lose hope anyone.

i just dont understand how the tix are going on sale in 4 days and they havent even announced all the shows yet, plus ticketmaster has not even announced anything. why make it so hectic :( :confused:
they havent even booked some (if any) of those venues yet! (ive emailed some of them).

i think it was the seattle date that was leaked, in which it was reported tickets go on sale March 24th. SO since Julia announced all dates go on sale the same day, and since we already know these tour dates weren't released by their deadline (within two weeks), I am assuming the on sale date has been pushed back to March 24th.

i think it was the seattle date that was leaked, in which it was reported tickets go on sale March 24th. SO since Julia announced all dates go on sale the same day, and since we already know these tour dates weren't released by their deadline (within two weeks), I am assuming the on sale date has been pushed back to March 24th.

i hope so.

Back
Top Bottom