Nottingham - Capital FM Arena (Mar.13, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / Smiler With Knife / Scandinavia / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not A Man / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat is Murder / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before // Speedway

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
i would say that it was flat in the sense there was little enthusiasm for the world peace tracks. i would say it was a less then half full house, sadly.

Going all the way back. Moz has always had a short set. Bruce Springsteen has 3 hour shows. My thought would be if I am there and everything is in place to perform and the crowd is totally engaged why not just go a little longer. After all these years all I can come up with is "it is just not his style". Like his lyric " I am mine" he is if nothing else and nothing more...himself. Maybe an old showbiz truism...leave them wanting more perhaps. Truth be told he could sing 30 songs and we would still want more.

The main problem is, we do have less chance to see him. People living in Europe can travel all over the continent during a tour. You can listen different old songs (maybe debuts) by this way. So it's not a big problem to hear so much new materials (in fact, I really liked WPINOFYB) and hear short lists. But I'm living in Turkey and my one and only gig was his recent Istanbul show (Dec.17th, 2014). To be honest, it was the best gig I've ever been and I saw dozens of popstars, rockstars alive but that was unique. His voice, his posture,..etc. God only knows, if I have any chance to see him again. :(

So we naturally want to hear more old hits (not talking about only Smiths). Believe it or not, I'm not kind of a guy who only knows "Let Me Kiss You" (and also "There's a Light") and say "yaaay I'm his fan, I love him". No way sir. I almost know all of his lines (including b-sides) and I really really admire his past works. Especially Arsenal and Southpaw. I swear, I would be so happy to hear Certain People, Do Your Best, National Front Disco and so on.

I hope he'll add more dates for Southeast Europe and Middleeast so that we can have one more chance to see him.

P.S. I promise, if he could sing 29 songs (or 28 songs) I won't shout and say "one more" :D That would be fine. :guitar:

Last edited:
Excellent gig, Morrissey was in fine voice and looked in good shape too. And just because people don't pogo to Smiler With Knife or Meat Is Murder hardly implies the gig was flat, the new songs were all received very well in fact. I enjoyed them all but my favourite two didn't get played - Mountjoy and Oboe Concerto, maybe they will in Leeds next week!

Excellent gig, was right down the front. Good atmosphere, plenty of happy faces, people singing along and crowd surfing. Moz was witty and seemed into it to us. I think the mystery illness was more related to his ongoing health issues than flu. Cut him some slack guys. He was a pleasure to watch and listen to, loved every minute of it.

Excellent gig, Morrissey was in fine voice and looked in good shape too. And just because people don't pogo to Smiler With Knife or Meat Is Murder hardly implies the gig was flat, the new songs were all received very well in fact. I enjoyed them all but my favourite two didn't get played - Mountjoy and Oboe Concerto, maybe they will in Leeds next week!

Oboe Concerto? Seriously?

Here's another short rhyme in memory of Cloughie
Sicknote Steve, we demand to know, do you take milk in your coffee ?
And why have you got such a very bad cough, eh ?
Is it a natural illness or something you caught, mate ?
What is it exactly that riddles your body ?
And does it bother you that your mum is so very bossy ?
Isn't cancelling all these shows really rather costly ?
If I show up in Brum are you going to accost me ?
Or will you hide in the back and send out your posse ?
Don't you know my nickname for you and Boz is Big Ears and Noddy?
He nods in agreement while you engage in your usual toss-erry
You're going on Alan Carr why don't you go on Wossy ?
But will you actually show up or are you too much of a pu..........

Have to cut it short there. Shakespeare eat your heart out ! I've got poetry in me veins . It's definitely ten times better than Tosserry's 'Cheese tastes the same EVERYWHERE' rubbish . Pass the puke bucket !

One more football chant before I go to bed then, because I have a busy day tomorrow and can't sit here writing brilliant poetry all night . Even though it is ten thousand times better than Ste-Mo's recent rancid regurgitations . Here goes: ' Sicknote Steve is a W A N K E R ! Sicknote Steve is a W A N K E R ! !' L M A O ! See you in Brum if you don't bottle it, bottler ! I'll be the one with me hair cut into a mohican, clapping along with all the casualties, until I rush to the front, fumbling in me keks for the pork chop . And the grated cheese - the unholy stench of MURDER .

Don't you hear when dairy cows cry ?

- Born to Harangue

I'm really annoyed! I'm going to the Birmingham gig and I haven't paid £45 just to here him sing almost the same stuff that he did at the O2! Why hasn't he changed his setlist?

Oh PLEASE!! It seems that you don't know anything about morrissey's gigs. He never changes his setlist; at least one or two songs can be changed. We (the real fans) really just want to see him and follow him, we don't do it because he sings different songs from the ones he has sung in another venues.

I saw clips and he sang great, had high energy, the audience was into him (cheering and chuckling at his dialogue). It's only here that I've negative remarks, trolls and Debbie downers going on about the show. Seems par for the course.

Fair enough, but as a reasonable human being, you can't possibly think that swapping out "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle", "Scandinavia", and "People Are the Same Everywhere" for "Sunny", "Now My Heart is Full", and "National Front Disco" (simply named as exemplars) wouldn't have made for a much better night? Or even ANYTHING off Southpaw Grammar, YATQ, or ROTT?

C'mon! I love that he is not a "greatest hits live!" artist but this setlist is a mess, especially for an arena. I'm not suggesting Bona Drag front-to-back, but a few minor tweaks would make such a difference.

So I did not attend since I am on the other side of an ocean, but I will say this about the setlist. It is a damn good setlist, especially for a Morrissey concert.

He's never been a crowd pleaser, his selections have at time been questionable, he always emphasizes the latest album, and his gigs are short.

In terms of this setlist you got both of his "hits"--Suedehead and Everyday is Like Sunday. You got the Queen is Dead, Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before, and What She Said--three awesome Smiths songs--one of which is probably usually overlooked by the standard greatest hits retrospectives. You have Speedway, which while not my personal favorite solo song is in a lot of ways the quintessential Morrissey track and one of his best.

His selections from the new album were very good--One of Our Own, Staircase, the title track, Kiss Me A Lot.

The only thing I can think one has to complain about is why in God's name is People are the Same Everywhere back in the f***ing setlist. I was certain it had been banished to never see the light of day again. Beyond that the only other point of contention could be Paris which is just a dramatically overplayed song compared to its quality. People complain about How Soon Is Now? being overplayed, but honestly at least it is a truly amazing song. Same can not be said about Paris.

I do wish he would play longer. His set lists are way too short. I've seen him three times (and have five cancellations) and I would go to see him again many more times, but honestly he really should play longer shows.

"just because people didnt pogo.......hardly implies the gig was flat"= the gig was flat, finally confirmation inside a negation.

The main problem is, we do have less chance to see him. People living in Europe can travel all over the continent during a tour. You can listen different old songs (maybe debuts) by this way. So it's not a big problem to hear so much new materials (in fact, I really liked WPINOFYB) and hear short lists. But I'm living in Turkey and my one and only gig was his recent Istanbul show (Dec.17th, 2014). To be honest, it was the best gig I've ever been and I saw dozens of popstars, rockstars alive but that was unique. His voice, his posture,..etc. God only knows, if I have any chance to see him again. :(

So we naturally want to hear more old hits (not talking about only Smiths). Believe it or not, I'm not kind of a guy who only knows "Let Me Kiss You" (and also "There's a Light") and say "yaaay I'm his fan, I love him". No way sir. I almost know all of his lines (including b-sides) and I really really admire his past works. Especially Arsenal and Southpaw. I swear, I would be so happy to hear Certain People, Do Your Best, National Front Disco and so on.

I hope he'll add more dates for Southeast Europe and Middleeast so that we can have one more chance to see him.

P.S. I promise, if he could sing 29 songs (or 28 songs) I won't shout and say "one more" :D That would be fine. :guitar:

I know this more than you realize. Early on when I saw him his solo stuff was to me all of the songs I wanted to hear. Each song...one after the next I enjoyed. I am glad you like WPINOYB but I can't help comparing it to the past songs I love so much. Like you, I enjoy many of his earlier solo songs..all the bolded songs and more, but that is the past. He has made it clear he does not want to be an oldies act, and it is an admirable quality even if it leaves the hard core fans wanting more. Some small or rather large part of me wishes he was a jukebox, but that is completely unfair and better left for one's dreams.

He has his TTY web site and it would be very interactive to have him take requests for songs from his catalog that many would like to hear mixed into his set. For his own reasons he sticks to what he prefers regardless of what many would prefer. The only thing that may be true is that he could fill a stadium if he announced a tour that brought to voice and song some of the greatest tunes he has ever recorded. The fact that this is of no interest speaks to who he is at his center, and he has stayed true to that for better or worse in terms of his career and popularity. There is something quintessentially British about that it seems to me.

Fair enough, but as a reasonable human being, you can't possibly think that swapping out "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle", "Scandinavia", and "People Are the Same Everywhere" for "Sunny", "Now My Heart is Full", and "National Front Disco" (simply named as exemplars) wouldn't have made for a much better night? Or even ANYTHING off Southpaw Grammar, YATQ, or ROTT?

C'mon! I love that he is not a "greatest hits live!" artist but this setlist is a mess, especially for an arena. I'm not suggesting Bona Drag front-to-back, but a few minor tweaks would make such a difference.

If he ever played Bona Drag front to back live, i could have died happy! Bona Drag is his solo masterpiece.
Everybody's faffing about viva hate, great but no BONA DRAG!!!!!!!:brows::brows:

- - - Updated - - -

Bona drag bona drag !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You're like a bunch of kids who never got what they asked for at Xmas. I saw him on Monday and just loved being in the same room as him singing the songs with him, sad to say Morrissey cannot fulfil your lives for you, which poses the statement get a f***ing life wankers !

I'm really annoyed! I'm going to the Birmingham gig and I haven't paid £45 just to here him sing almost the same stuff that he did at the O2! Why hasn't he changed his setlist?

I am even more annoyed by casual twats like you who know nothing about Morrissey but somehow manage the brain power to shamble up to a ticket desk and buy a concert ticket. If you were even 0.001% enlightened you would know that Moz does not change his setlist much (if at all) on his tour. But you are right, he should change it to avoid annoying a serious fan like yourself who couldn't be arsed to check his setlists since he went solo.

Were you an extra in 'The Walking Dead'?

If he ever played Bona Drag front to back live, i could have died happy! Bona Drag is his solo masterpiece.
Everybody's faffing about viva hate, great but no BONA DRAG!!!!!!!:brows::brows:

- - - Updated - - -

Bona drag bona drag !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Completely agree! I met a girl during these years at one of his concerts and it was so exciting meeting someone who had the same love for his music that I did. How rare considering how few of us there are. Finding a fellow Morrissey enthusiast is like finding a needle in a haystack or winning the lottery. It is something we share that those even closest to us could never even fathom to understand. The end piece of the Who Put the M in Manchester captures our love for him the best!

"just because people didnt pogo.......hardly implies the gig was flat"= the gig was flat, finally confirmation inside a negation.

Hmmm, not really, as well as missing my point you are also missing a couple of songs out of the quote above.

My point was that you cannot pogo to songs like Smiler With Knife or Meat Is Murder, but does that mean those songs shouldn't be in the setlist? I think not.

I saw clips and he sang great, had high energy, the audience was into him (cheering and chuckling at his dialogue). It's only here that I've negative remarks, trolls and Debbie downers going on about the show. Seems par for the course.
Where are the clips?

this is 2015, new year NEW TOUR. its only reasonable that punters complain about the world peace set list.

Thanks for the reviews, guys. Much appreciated. :flowers:

Did he tell that joke about the cricket coach or am I reading that wrong? I'd give my left ear to hear him deliver a joke. I'd say left tit but breast cancer runs in the family. :p

Back
Top Bottom