Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Let's not have the same conversation all over again. Can you link to where Morrissey has made a specific remark about the Palestinian cause or Israel's occupation and settlements? Because vague "I don't support every last thing about the government" or "I love the Israeli people and I can't answer for what Israeli armies do" (when the armies are the people, given conscription) are just useless platitudes.

Like I said, I can't get into that with you. You have a fabulist's take on Morrissey Central. My view is that Morrissey is an intelligent adult, capable of thinking for himself, and has a basic command of how to use the internet and his own website on it.

He would have to be explicitly pro the occupation to support your argument. Useless or not - he's against the government & the army.

Bollocks. I have plenty of evidence. Plus the fact Morrissey has been increasingly too ill to do his gigs nevermind oversee the crap on that website.

He would have to be explicitly pro the occupation to support your argument. Useless or not - he's against the government & the army.

Okay, then. "The Palestinian cause and the Israeli settlements are none of your business."

Lying about it doesn't count.

Who's lying about what? Your posts can be so cryptic. I'm just saying that if Morrissey can't be bothered to make any comment on Israel/Palestine that actually has teeth, then all we have are these mealy-mouthed vanilla platitudes. He's indistinguishable from Anthony Blinken.

Let's not go twelve pages. Enjoy your day.

Who's lying about what? Your posts can be so cryptic. I'm just saying that if Morrissey can't be bothered to make any comment on Israel/Palestine that actually has teeth, then all we have are these mealy-mouthed vanilla platitudes. He's indistinguishable from Anthony Blinken.

Let's not go twelve pages. Enjoy your day.

He isn't a politician.

If that's the poem you sent to me to review for you, I'd think twice about posting it - it wasn't that good, and you've done better. I think you know that already!
I think you may be confusing me with one of the other resident poets here on Solo.
If there’s one thing I do not need a second opinion on, it’s my poetry. It’s brilliant, and I think it’s generally accepted to be brilliant - by anyone with a functioning brain, at least.

The amount effort put into using Morrissey for propaganda is frankly weird.

In 2006 the Tories were trying to hijack him. Then the BNP comes rolling in.

Can they not just piss off so we can get some decent vinyl reissues?
That's what I find strange with this theory, too. Because, not that I believe this (I don't), but for the sake of the argument: Why would anybody use Morrissey for propaganda?! Because the range/coverage that would get would be not worth mentioning. Morrissey can't even get a record contract or keep one. Nobody out of his ever smaller getting bubble gives a damn about what he is saying and he is working towards it staying that way. He would be a very very bad choice for making propaganda.

I think you may be confusing me with one of the other resident poets here on Solo.
If there’s one thing I do not need a second opinion on, it’s my poetry. It’s brilliant, and I think it’s generally accepted to be brilliant - by anyone with a functioning brain, at least.

No, it was definitely yours. I've re-read and edited, where necessary, others' poems and I've found them enthralling, moving and...well, just better than yours. Sorry to have to tell you that. You may thank me one day. Good day, sir!

That's what I find strange with this theory, too. Because, not that I believe this (I don't), but for the sake of the argument: Why would anybody use Morrissey for propaganda?! Because the range/coverage that would get would be not worth mentioning. Morrissey can't even get a record contract or keep one. Nobody out of his ever smaller getting bubble gives a damn about what he is saying and he is working towards it staying that way. He would be a very very bad choice for making propaganda.

The fact is they did use him for propaganda.

Tim Jonze's endless temper tantrum was getting it a lot of mainstream coverage - so at times it would make sense.

It's the number of hours they put in that's bizarre.

It must be personal on some level. Like some mad fash wants buried in the same tomb as him. Or something.

The fact is they did use him for propaganda.

Tim Jonze's endless temper tantrum was getting it a lot of mainstream coverage - so at times it would make sense.

It's the number of hours they put in that's bizarre.

It must be personal on some level. Like some mad fash wants buried in the same tomb as him. Or something.
My god the irony of you, posting this!

My god the irony of you, posting this!

Bookish, I don't think spending hours studying an Indie singer's situation because you want to know about an Indie singer's situation is the same as some far right activist spending significant amounts of time on an Indie singer because they want to promote the far right.

I'd be interested to know why you have sand in your knickers.

No, it was definitely yours. I've re-read and edited, where necessary, others' poems and I've found them enthralling, moving and...well, just better than yours. Sorry to have to tell you that. You may thank me one day. Good day, sir!
What a load of shit…. coincidentally, also the name of my forthcoming poem.

They're not similar at all. You just want to link him to a right-wing politician.

Morrissey's has expressed views on the Israeli government & the army & those views are negative.

I doubt Morrissey would confront SER & SER has been caught trying to hide what he's up to.

Morrissey's views on war are pretty child-like.

They're not similar at all. You just want to link him to a right-wing politician.

Morrissey's has expressed views on the Israeli government & the army & those views are negative.

I doubt Morrissey would confront SER & SER has been caught trying to hide what he's up to.
My God, you're sexually intoxicating.

My God, you're sexually intoxicating.
IMG_9714.gif

Back
Top Bottom