Offensive words in thread titles

No idea. After Victory For The Comic Muse, has he done anything? So many good moments. Generation Sex, Your Daddy's Car, Love What You Do...I think probably my favourite lyricist. And that's over or an equal with Morrissey.

Peter

not as far as i know. to be honest, i wasn't wildly enthusiastic about the last album (though, admittedly, i probably need to give it more of a chance) or 'absent friends'. i wish he'd do more in a similar vein to 'regeneration' - even though he seems to like it least.

not as far as i know. to be honest, i wasn't wildly enthusiastic about the last album (though, admittedly, i probably need to give it more of a chance) or 'absent friends'. i wish he'd do more in a similar vein to 'regeneration' - even though he seems to like it least.

I thought Regeneration was a fabulous album - his big-hair phase. Love What You Do is..., well,...a great, great song, recorders and all. Underrated.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever people say that to me (and I don't use that word very often) I always give them a speel about Shakespeare.
But it's true, he does use that word.

I think, when it comes to language, in the hands of a fool, a c*nt is just a gratuitous c*nt, but in the hands of the right person it can puncuate perfectly.

Agreed. The word is used twice in the British masterpiece that is Withnail and I, and both utterances of it are hilarious. But using it in a thread title is just pathetic.

Last edited:
Whenever people say that to me (and I don't use that word very often) I always give them a speel about Shakespeare.
But it's true, he does use that word.

I think, when it comes to language, in the hands of a fool, a c*nt is just a gratuitous c*nt, but in the hands of the right person it can puncuate perfectly.

Yes! I swear too - it's good fun when appropriate

the initial post to this thread was a bit lame, but after that it got funny :p

Well sorry but I was trying to make a serious point! Still, I'm glad there were enough c*nt puns to keep you amused :)

Agreed. The word is used twice in the British masterpiece that is Withnail and I, and both utterances of it are hilarious. Both using it in a thread title is just pathetic.

My point exactly! People using it in thread titles from now on will be severely spanked with a wet plimsoll!

Yes! I swear too - it's good fun when appropriate

I actually agree with you, because I can imagine your dismay if your daughter started using this language at a young age without understanding what it means. I don't think swearing in titles should be banned, I think people should be responsible and considerate enough not to swear in their thread titles unless it is completely necessary.

I actually agree with you, because I can imagine your dismay if your daughter started using this language at a young age without understanding what it means. I don't think swearing in titles should be banned, I think people should be responsible and considerate enough not to swear in their thread titles unless it is completely necessary.

But it is awfully hilarious when your 3 year old says "Daddy says, 'f*** it!" (but not in front of others, of course). :D

But it is awfully hilarious when your 3 year old says "Daddy says, 'f*** it!" (but not in front of others, of course). :D

Get 'em going on the right foot, eh? :rolleyes:

When one of my daughters was about four years old, she opened the front door and saw the Painter standing there. Without hesitation she said, "What the HELL?"

Her older brother said, "Ash, only Mommy can say that when we make a big mess." :thumb:

When one of my daughters was about four years old, she opened the front door and saw the Painter standing there. Without hesitation she said, "What the HELL?"

Her older brother said, "Ash, only Mommy can say that when we make a big mess." :thumb:

Hahahaha!

My parents like to tell the story of how they took me to a big-city department store one Christmas when I was a toddler, and how when I saw a floor-to-ceiling Christmas tree, I shouted "Jesus Christ!" in amazement. Ahhh.

I wasn't allowed to swear as a kid, so I never did. You can see how that turned out.

I wasn't allowed to swear as a kid, so I never did. You can see how that turned out.

me neither. I didnt start swearing until about my senior year in HS. and even then it was only "damn" and "hell." when i was younger, i used to use all those Christian swear substitutes like "dangit" or "daggit" or instead of "oh my god" it was like "oh my word" or "oh my goodness." it wasnt until I got to college did I expand my profanity vocabulary. although now, I have the ability to turn off the "swear switch" when around my parents cuz they'd pee their pants if they heard me say the f word, although i have slipped a couple times. but around anyone else, i have pretty bad potty mouth.

During the day I swear, and probably more than I should.

It's excusable though, because I meet face to face with idiocy every single day.

Sometimes a dumbass is just a dumbass and there's no other way around saying it.

Hahahaha!

My parents like to tell the story of how they took me to a big-city department store one Christmas when I was a toddler, and how when I saw a floor-to-ceiling Christmas tree, I shouted "Jesus Christ!" in amazement. Ahhh.

Ahahaha. I wish parents would forget their damn stories.

Every Thanksgiving my mother likes to tell the story of how, when I was ten, one night at dinner I gently touched my mother's hand at the table and announced to my father and brother, "Thanks for dinner, Mom, it's great. You seem so much happier now you're f***ing the next door neighbor". Every damn year she tells that story! Haha! Damn!

Er...

Every Thanksgiving my mother likes to tell the story of how, when I was ten, one night at dinner I gently touched my mother's hand at the table and announced to my father and brother, "Thanks for dinner, Mom, it's great. You seem so much happier now you're f***ing the next door neighbor".

Er...

:D You had a way with words,Worm,even then.
:thumb:

Words are simply signifiers, nobody has ever been killed by a word.
I love the c word, as a woman, I don't find it demeaning in any way.
c*** is a beautiful word, and sometimes it is truly the only word that can describe certain individuals.

Pretty sure I had a dream last night about offending a female with the c*** word. It has happened in reality as well though.

Back
Top Bottom