Picture this...

Imagine going to the local swimming pool. You pay £3 for a 45 minute swim, and then you walk out to the pool and Morrissey's in there doing the breast stroke and he hasn't taken off any of his gold necklaces.

40 minutes later you finish up a lap at the shallow end, where Moz stands so tall in the water that he looks like he's from Gulliver's Travels. There he is, pacing from one side to the other surrounded by little kiddies wearing arm bands, muttering something about Oscar Wilde. You think in that moment that he's either the Greek god Poseidon or a very lost pelican.

-------------------------
Hi folks, my name is Dan and this is my first post. I live in the North of England. I'm autistic and have ADHD, so I think I naturally gravitated towards Moz's music because he sings about struggling to form connections with others, particularly romantically. My special interests are music, comedy and literature. I collect CDs and enjoy playing them on my hifi system. I also play the Age of Empires games a lot. I guess I joined to speak to like-minded people, and also just to find a home for the silly little creative idea above. Much love x

. My special interests are music, comedy and literature. I collect CDs and enjoy playing them on my hifi system. I also play the Age of Empires games a lot. I guess I joined to speak to like-minded people, and also just to find a home for the silly little creative idea above. Much love x
What kind of comedy?

I have my own tastes and definitely don't like everything. My favourite stand up comedian is Paul Foot. I also like Sean Lock. As for sitcoms, I grew up on modern classics (if I can use such a phrase for comedy) like the Office and Alan Partridge.
I gave Paul Foot a go after seeing him on a few panel shows, but his actual stand-up isn’t for me. And the trousers he was wearing on the DVD I bought were very distracting.
Sean Lock’s sitcom, 15 Storeys High, is pretty good, if you haven’t seen it.

And tell me, friend: are you racist/fascist? Have you been lurking here for a while, getting the lay of the land?
IMG_9740.jpeg

Last edited:
I gave Paul Foot a go after seeing him on a few panel shows, but his actual stand-up isn’t for me. And the trousers he was wearing on the DVD I bought were very distracting.
Sean Lock’s sitcom, 15 Storeys High, is pretty good, if you haven’t seen it.

And tell me, friend: are you racist/fascist? Have you been lurking here for a while, getting the lay of the land?
View attachment 102881
Oh the trousers are the best part. I've seen clips from 15 Stories High and heard a radio show where they discussed writing it. I like what I've heard. No, I'm not racist or fascist. I just think that it takes all sorts to make a world and don't think you can generally talk someone out of their beliefs, so I avoid politics like the plague nowadays. If this is a place where that sort of thing is welcomed though, I won't feel comfortable, so I hope it's not. Things I've googled relating to lyrics have led me here a few times before. I'm a lyrics man.

Oh the trousers are the best part. I've seen clips from 15 Stories High and heard a radio show where they discussed writing it. I like what I've heard. No, I'm not racist or fascist. I just think that it takes all sorts to make a world and don't think you can generally talk someone out of their beliefs, so I avoid politics like the plague nowadays. If this is a place where that sort of thing is welcomed though, I won't feel comfortable, so I hope it's not. Things I've googled relating to lyrics have led me here a few times before. I'm a lyrics man.
There is Rabelaisian debate. We host poetry evenings, usually on a Friday night. There are GIFs-a-plenty. Please feel welcome here.
I’m a Lycra man, too.
denise austin 90s GIF

Tell him about the puzzles we set each other as well! Yes, tell him about the puzzles! Pleeeaase!

There is Rabelaisian debate. We host poetry evenings, usually on a Friday night. There are GIFs-a-plenty. Please feel welcome here.
I’m a Lycra man, too.
denise austin 90s GIF
Ha!I have a feeling that all of that was a joke, but if it is it shouldn't be. Is Rabelais any good? I was looking on Amazon a few weeks ago. His work seems like it is subversive and surreal, so two green ticks in my book, but I concluded based on reviews that it's probably a lot of hard work too and no quick read. I'm very picky with books.

Imagine going to the local swimming pool. You pay £3 for a 45 minute swim, and then you walk out to the pool and Morrissey's in there doing the breast stroke and he hasn't taken off any of his gold necklaces.

40 minutes later you finish up a lap at the shallow end, where Moz stands so tall in the water that he looks like he's from Gulliver's Travels. There he is, pacing from one side to the other surrounded by little kiddies wearing arm bands, muttering something about Oscar Wilde. You think in that moment that he's either the Greek god Poseidon or a very lost pelican.

-------------------------
Hi folks, my name is Dan and this is my first post. I live in the North of England. I'm autistic and have ADHD, so I think I naturally gravitated towards Moz's music because he sings about struggling to form connections with others, particularly romantically. My special interests are music, comedy and literature. I collect CDs and enjoy playing them on my hifi system. I also play the Age of Empires games a lot. I guess I joined to speak to like-minded people, and also just to find a home for the silly little creative idea above. Much love x
Welcome! This place is nuts, but sometimes very good fun! And infected political discussions can pop up at any given time, so be careful!

Ha!I have a feeling that all of that was a joke, but if it is it shouldn't be. Is Rabelais any good? I was looking on Amazon a few weeks ago. His work seems like it is subversive and surreal, so two green ticks in my book, but I concluded based on reviews that it's probably a lot of hard work too and no quick read. I'm very picky with books.
You have to do a lot of contemporary reading to put the jokes into context, but the books are a good read if you’re willing to put in the effort. A lot of shit material (as in, material about shit) which - as you may soon discover - is right up my street.

You have to do a lot of contemporary reading to put the jokes into context, but the books are a good read if you’re willing to put in the effort. A lot of shit material (as in, material about shit) which - as you may soon discover - is right up my stre

You have to do a lot of contemporary reading to put the jokes into context, but the books are a good read if you’re willing to put in the effort. A lot of shit material (as in, material about shit) which - as you may soon discover - is right up my street.
You inbox me anything with steam coming off of it and I'm taking you to court young Dame.

Back
Top Bottom