Poor Snorrissey

And Ezra still isn’t #cancelled. They are still planning to release his Flash movie. I think it’s about a year away so no telling what he will have done by then.

I remember talking to an art history professor once. I mentioned Patti Smith and she rolled her eyes and I thought she probably just doesn’t get it, but seeing some things like Patti Smith on that Rolling Thunder Revue documentary on Netflix I think maybe she did get it. Patti Smith did some really interesting work but she was always jostling to get close to people more famous or more talented or more iconic.

I could see how it can be seen that way. But she’s a fan of those that have inspired her, and doesn’t hide it, and gives credit where credit is due.

She could have easily joined Dylan’s RTR tour, but her thing was just starting and wanted to focus on that. Anyone else trying to make it in the biz, may have leeched onto Dylan.

We still don’t know why that professor rolled her eyes.

I respect her hustle but she has two classic records and a whole bunch of other stuff that make a career. Horses and Easter are great but I don’t think anyone ranks them with Velvet Underground, at least not anymore.
That depends on who you talk to.
When I lost a lot of faith is when I read this interview after she was married and she was saying that her husband was kind of advising her musically in a way that sounded very controlling. I couldn’t understand why she would be attracted to that.
Maybe she respected his opinion, and didn’t perceive it as controlling.
Why wouldn’t she want to do it her way when she created such an impact early on. After “Wave” which was only okay, she never had the same impact.
Times change, and I believe her personal life changed a lot by that point. I don’t think ‘People Have The Power’ did that bad (?), or is that bad of a song, it’s no ‘Horses’, but I don’t think we should expect it to be.

Maybe she couldn’t think of another group to culturally appropriate for shock value.
yeah, that must be it.

Ghost Dance is great but maybe she should have done African Americans one record and saved Native Americans for later.

I guess she felt good about the songs.
I assume she did have say as to what did or did not make it onto her albums.

Back
Top Bottom