I got no hankerin' for grabbin' your brass ring;
It's crystal clear - I'll stay right here and keep the simple things

I've got the summer breeze, got 16 cans of peas,
A two-speed window fan when it's 93 degrees,
So forgive me for not grabbin' your brass ring;
It's crystal clear - I'll stay right here and keep the simple things

*nostalgia*

Last edited by a moderator:
Off to get my stitches out, no more Frankenwrist. Now I can be Scarwrist. Don't eff with me...or my wrist anyway. :p

I have such bad writers block. I know what I'm trying to write about*, but I just can't fit anything together or articulate my point. :mad:

*Solastalgia, for anyone interested in ecopsychology...

You know how the current culture shift dictates that bigger, brighter, louder, FAKE is better? You could comment on how in Los Angeles, or maybe wherever you're from, even the local shopping malls and entertainment centers have shifted in emphasis to this in-your-face-fakery (example: Universal City Walk looks like a fake city) and that while a subtle, change in local environments is nonetheless pervasive and should be recognized as an indicator of a strain of solastalgia that could account for increased loss of real culture because the fake sells. So the masses train themselves to feel comfortable in these fake environments they can count on because they're consistent from one store to the next wherever they are, yet by doing so, they lose touch with actual culture.

Hmmm, maybe my argument doesn't apply to solastalgia because i can't prove a malady that results from nation-spread subserviance to company and money-driven phoniness. Other than depression but that would take YEARS to prove. :rolleyes:

I have such bad writers block. I know what I'm trying to write about*, but I just can't fit anything together or articulate my point. :mad:

*Solastalgia, for anyone interested in ecopsychology...

I sometimes try a pointless argument about something I don't believe in to spur my imagination.

Or you could try talking about the subject to an obliging friend, or out loud to the walls as if giving a lecture.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom