Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

She doesn't need your life to be a lie. It's pretty obvious it is.

in novel writing you're supposed to show your audience things, not tell them. verso is all about telling you things, rather than showing you. like if you were a fabulous person with a fulfilling life it would come off in your writing style. you wouldnt need to tell people in order to desperately paint a picture for them. "i do this and this and this and yet my personality is that of a miserable twisted little man". yeah, right. what a dud.

in novel writing you're supposed to show your audience things, not tell them. verso is all about telling you things, rather than showing you. like if you were a fabulous person with a fulfilling life it would come off in your writing style. you wouldnt need to tell people in order to desperately paint a picture for them. "i do this and this and this and yet my personality is that of a miserable twisted little man". yeah, right. what a dud.
Sort of like your constant need to tell people how lofty and sophisticated you are? The "rules" of novel writing don't apply here, this is real life. Though, as I've said, I'm touched that you're so impressed with my reality that you assume it must be fiction.

Sort of like your constant need to tell people how lofty and sophisticated you are? The "rules" of novel writing don't apply here, this is real life. Though, as I've said, I'm touched that you're so impressed with my reality that you assume it must be fiction.
no, it's not real life, its the internet and anyone can lie on the internet, not just you. it does not take much talent to lie on the internet and develop a posting style that is nothing more than an enumeration of all ones merits. that's why most people who are interested in seeming real on the internet and developing connections with people (such as the one me an' bun bun have) try to display some personality here or offer a well rounded portrait of themselves, complete with humour and self-awareness. like, believe it or not, when i say im lofty and sophisticated that's a bit of a joke. i mean, it's sort of true but there's also a bit of self deprecation in there because i KNOW how it sounds. as i said, you're insensitive to nuance so you wouldnt understand that. but i would never say such a thing as 'im lofty and sophisticated' to someone i like who im trying to have a sincere conversation with.

and fyi, im not saying that there arent people with fabulous exciting lives who post at forums on the internet because of course there are, and one may even find themselves here (theres bun bun after all, who is far and away too good for this place). im just saying that you dont seem like the type. AT ALL. and therefore, until further evidence is produced, i cannot buy what you are selling. end of.

okay, bun bun, i got some wine gums (because im not fasting yet!! tomorrow!!) and im gonna go watch the brett weinstein episode of trig!!!!
I’ll give your relationship with bun bun 6 weeks tops before it all implodes due to your narrow mindedness, poor attitude and lack of insight to your own behaviours...

Oh it was kind of fun typing bun bun.... I liked that .

I’ll give your relationship with bun bun 6 weeks tops before it all implodes due to your narrow mindedness, poor attitude and lack of insight to your own behaviours...

ive been friends with bun bun for years. we had some spats in the beginning but even then i always liked him and knew he was a good person. that's what its like being friends with someone you respect and admire, it's not like being friends with someone you dont respect and admire where the relationship is like a house of cards that the slightest little tiff can cause to collapse in upon itself.

Sorry for dropping out of the conversation, rifke. You said something about my fabulous, exciting life ...

And I needed a stiff drink.

Sorry for dropping out of the conversation, rifke. You said something about my fabulous, exciting life ...

And I needed a stiff drink.
you met neil codling, bun bun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you were close enough to see the chia seeds in his teeth!!!!! that's enough fabulousness for any man!!!

it's okay, bun bun, im watching trig. brett is so impressive!! 'what society liquidates the health of the young to protect the health of the old?" well said, brett!!

Queen Rifke and I have been friends for years. She has been nothing but a wonderful friend. Always there and encouraging when I'm down about my illness, always insightful, funny and courteous. I love rifke's take on things and trust her judgment completely (except when it comes to Michael Jackson :lbf:...)

Queen Rifke and I have been friends for years. She has been nothing but a wonderful friend. Always there and encouraging when I'm down about my illness, always insightful, funny and courteous. I love rifke's take on things and trust her judgment completely (except when it comes to Michael Jackson :lbf:...)
teehee :lbf:

no, it's not real life, its the internet and anyone can lie on the internet, not just you. it does not take much talent to lie on the internet and develop a posting style that is nothing more than an enumeration of all ones merits. that's why most people who are interested in seeming real on the internet and developing connections with people (such as the one me an' bun bun have) try to display some personality here or offer a well rounded portrait of themselves, complete with humour and self-awareness. like, believe it or not, when i say im lofty and sophisticated that's a bit of a joke. i mean, it's sort of true but there's also a bit of self deprecation in there because i KNOW how it sounds. as i said, you're insensitive to nuance so you wouldnt understand that. but i would never say such a thing as 'im lofty and sophisticated' to someone i like who im trying to have a sincere conversation with.
What you refer to as the nuance in your "self-deprecation" is actually just plausible deniability. You strongly believe these things about yourself, but you hide behind a paper thin veneer of irony so as not to appear too earnest in your vanity. Anyone who reads your posts can see your vivid delusions of grandeur and the self-disgust you work out on everyone else when the reality of your misery becomes too much to daydream away.

Your concern with "developing connections with people" online very clearly stems from your inability to establish a meaningful connection with anyone in your day-to-day life. You've mentioned that your coworkers can't stand you and it's quite obvious that you have no real social life beyond that. You obviously have more control over how you present yourself online, but the notion that there's some sort of delineation between the internet and "real life" is just a myth that you comfort yourself with. That ship sailed a long time ago and to anyone else paying attention, the whole of the situation is sadly easy to read.

They've been "friends" a long time but when she went to visit him he disappeared for a couple of months.

What you refer to as the nuance in your "self-deprecation" is actually just plausible deniability. You strongly believe these things about yourself, but you hide behind a paper thin veneer of irony so as not to appear too earnest in your vanity. Anyone who reads your posts can see your vivid delusions of grandeur and the self-disgust you work out on everyone else when the reality of your misery becomes too much to daydream away.

Your concern with "developing connections with people" online very clearly stems from your inability to establish a meaningful connection with anyone in your day-to-day life. You've mentioned that your coworkers can't stand you and it's quite obvious that you have no real social life beyond that. You obviously have more control over how you present yourself online, but the notion that there's some sort of delineation between the internet and "real life" is just a myth that you comfort yourself with. That ship sailed a long time ago and to anyone else paying attention, the whole of the situation is sadly easy to read.
Read how angry she was when LH sold a painting for $80 and how she protested about how she actually had to WORK in a supermarket for her money(!!!) I don't feel like looking for the link but it's almost worth it.

Tell this story.
It's kind of long but she planned on her trip for almost two years, wound up "going to London" in the dead of winter and hating it Highlight: Harry Potter Tour. Not even making this up. Anyway, she was there for maybe a couple of months and Dum Dum never posted the whole time.
At one point she was asking a poster here if she could sleep on their couch and she posted about looking into dogsitting in exchange for a place to stay from some craigslist guy, so I think he just realized that he should lay low until she was safely back in Canada.
I'm leaving out lots and lots of great details but it's all in her post history.
For example, the idea of staying somewhere and then cancelling the payment on her card. And she actually considered getting all new credit cards and maxing out the ones she had to finance her trip. See, for a while she was planning on staying and I guess she thinks that you can ruin your credit in Canada and start over in EU and they won't know. Eventually she missed Canada though. Most of her trip posts are about how much she hates it. But you know, wherever you go, there you are!

And to get back at her landlord she didn't take out the garbage for three months and amassed a huge pile in her living room, which she was living with of course, but she's not the brightest spark.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom