Prop Store Auction: Lot #565: Morrissey Autographed Letter to Dave McCullough

6b0a06719cbe4e1e228c5d46ffe746b8.jpg
a745722b1d1f1cc6ad0086f2dc588511.jpg

Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction: London 2023

"A letter typed and signed by singer/songwriter Morrissey during his time in The Smiths. Morrisey sent this letter to Dave McCullough, a writer for Sounds magazine, and the document details a misheard lyric from the song "Handsome Devil", which they had discussed during an interview. The bottom of the letter is signed in black pen by Morrissey. The paper exhibits a fold line from previous storage, staining along the top and bottom edges, and pen marks on the back. Dimensions: 25.5 cm x 20.5 cm (10" x 8")

Estimate: £500 - 1,000"

Whatever happens, these kind of things is why I never will stop loving Morrissey.

I think he's still a kind, wonderful soul. One that's going through a terrible time. But you always get through it eventually.

in poverty,he finishes the letter with a cracker.

zoo
I’m sure he was on the phone daily with Geoff asking why the royalty checks aren’t flooding in yet.
zoom have you read autobiography,M says when a smiths album got to number 1 geoff gave him a packet of biscuits which cost £2.99.
sure fwd will have the correct quote.

zoo

zoom have you read autobiography,M says when a smiths album got to number 1 geoff gave him a packet of biscuits which cost £2.99.
sure fwd will have the correct quote.

no, I believe you. That’s why I replied with that comment. But especially in the very beginning, they probably weren’t seeing much.

Back
Top Bottom