pt 2 Why do Englishmen have suck nice hair?

This type of discussion is interesting. I'd always thought of nationality as being (objectively) determined by the birthplace/nationality of your parents, but obviously it depends on your upbringing too, and how you choose to define yourself. In terms of his parental heritage Morrissey is Irish, but the fact that he was born and entirely brought up in England makes him Anglo-Irish in my opinion, and from what he's said/sung about it I should think that's closest to how he would define himself ('Irish Blood, English Heart' etc).

Yeah, very interesting discussion. Since he has irish blood his hair should probably be considered irish. :p

Yeah, very interesting discussion. Since he has irish blood his hair should probably be considered irish. :p

I agree, his hair would be Irish :) My hair is part Irish, luckily I have gentically inherited my grandfathers think, dark Irish hair. He had a beautiful head of hair. My brother-in-law who has two Australian parents but was born and lived all his life in England has what I would describe as English hair, that lovely, floppy (Hugh Grant) style hair. I was most impressed with Doctor Who's hair when watching the Christmas ep last night.

Back
Top Bottom