Rammstein

It's true, Pussy is a godawful song - I can't imagine why they chose it to be the single; it's by far the weakest song on the album. Lyrically it's just embarassing.

They did a song called Te quierro puta! a while ago that I've always found unlistenable as well.

Every great band is entitled to a (really) crap song now and again.

It's true, Pussy is a godawful song - I can't imagine why they chose it to be the single; it's by far the weakest song on the album. Lyrically it's just embarassing.

They did a song called Te quierro puta! a while ago that I've always found unlistenable as well.

Every great band is entitled to a (really) crap song now and again.

'Pussy' is a novelty. I find it really amusing to hear Till Lindemann, known for his dark lyrics which embrace wordplay that is often beyond English translation, go 'You have a pussy, I have a dickah' in his thick German accent. I also really like the riff to the song and Flake's synth-work is great.

Agreed re: Te Quiero Puta though. I have never been able to listen to that song.

Went to see them last night in Manchester. It was a truly breathtaking encounter. They are without a shadow of a doubt the best live band on the planet, with an attention to detail and sense of spectacle that shames the facile onstage offerings of many an arena act. Have a look at youtube for the opening song (Rammlied) and their presentation of Wiener Blut (their song about Joseph Fritzl). Sublime. And the tickets cost the same as for Mozzer's undercooked run-through of his back catalogue lowlights last year.

I left one gig feeling hoodwinked. Guess which?

Went to see them last night in Manchester. It was a truly breathtaking encounter. They are without a shadow of a doubt the best live band on the planet, with an attention to detail and sense of spectacle that shames the facile onstage offerings of many an arena act. Have a look at youtube for the opening song (Rammlied) and their presentation of Wiener Blut (their song about Joseph Fritzl). Sublime. And the tickets cost the same as for Mozzer's undercooked run-through of his back catalogue lowlights last year.

I left one gig feeling hoodwinked. Guess which?

Ooh, another Manchester attendee! I won't spoil any of the details for people who have tickets for later on in the tour, but that was the most breathtaking gig of my life. The stage show was absolutely phenomenal. There isn't a band in the world who can put on a better show than that. I never wanted the gig to end.

Went to see them last night in Manchester. It was a truly breathtaking encounter. They are without a shadow of a doubt the best live band on the planet, with an attention to detail and sense of spectacle that shames the facile onstage offerings of many an arena act. Have a look at youtube for the opening song (Rammlied) and their presentation of Wiener Blut (their song about Joseph Fritzl). Sublime.

Ooh, another Manchester attendee! I won't spoil any of the details for people who have tickets for later on in the tour, but that was the most breathtaking gig of my life. The stage show was absolutely phenomenal. There isn't a band in the world who can put on a better show than that. I never wanted the gig to end.

So, Rammstein still have it! That's exactly how I remember them.

Oh, and thank you Fulham Road Lights, for starting this thread. Life has been so insane lately that I completely overlooked the release of Liebe ist fur alle da. I almost lost touch with one of the greatest bands to ever walk the Earth. :rock:

I only ever knew the song Du Hast (lame I know), and saw them on the first Family Values tour back in what, 97? But reading this thread REALLY makes me want to learn German. It just looks and sounds so f-ing cool. Just saying.

I'm going to the Brum gig tonight as well. For pretty much any other band it would feel like a bit of a chore two nights running, but I can't wait. They really are the high priests of live performance. I bumped into Oliver (Mr Bass man) today in the city centre. I spoke to him briefly. Christ on a bike was he embarrassed and uncomfortable. Which was quite sweet in a strange way. I think If I'd have seen Till he'd have probably chewed my head off. Which all adds to the mystique.

Anybody going to Brum or London, trust me it will be the best gig you've ever seen.

Altogether now - 'RAMM-STEIN'!

all you lucky people getting to see Rammstein ... I hold even less hope that i'll get to see them then i do of seeing Moz again :(

sucks to see all the 'Puta' hate ... I actually really like that song, mixes fun and an awesome driving riff quite well .. the female vocalist could have been a lot better granted.

As for the Americans, yes they're returning, most likely festivals. Over at herzeleid.com there is a guy posting there who runs a metal website and has done interviews with them as well as talking to their management. Apparently right now they're in negociations of a tour for the US in the summer.

They probably won't head to my neck of the woods but there's hope at least. :)

all you lucky people getting to see Rammstein ... I hold even less hope that i'll get to see them then i do of seeing Moz again :(

sucks to see all the 'Puta' hate ... I actually really like that song, mixes fun and an awesome driving riff quite well .. the female vocalist could have been a lot better granted.

Apparently they're going to be touring for quite a while and Australian rumors have been floating around.

The new album ranks as their best for me, with Donaukinder being the stand-out track. The Ich Tu Dir Weh video is f***ing incredible too, and another video is being, or has been, shot for "Haifisch," the next single.

I'm going to buy the limited edition dildo set eventually.

http://www.rammsteinshop.de/catalog...3&RSshopCsid=b35050d52fd880db41ee264250330f32

I have only heard a few Rammstein tracks, but I really liked them. So I'm asking for recommendations – which tracks should I check out if I like "Rammstein", "Wollt ihr das bett in flammen sehen", "Mein herz brennt" and "Reise, reise"? Grateful for any suggestion.

I have only heard a few Rammstein tracks, but I really liked them. So I'm asking for recommendations – which tracks should I check out if I like "Rammstein", "Wollt ihr das bett in flammen sehen", "Mein herz brennt" and "Reise, reise"? Grateful for any suggestion.

Hello! I'd reccomend that you'd look into the whole "Reise, Reise" album and the "Sehnsucht" album.

The Mutter album is their masterpiece, in my humble but obsessive opinion.

Rammstein really shine live, though. I really liked their music, but I only "got" them once I saw their stage show. Check out the Live Aus Berlin DVD, it's phenomenal.

I'm a big fan of Mein Teil, Dalai Lama, Spiel Mit Mir, Zwitter, Waidmanns Heil, Fruling in Paris, Seemann, Bestrafe Michh, Spring ... hell now im just listing random songs because they're all so good :D

Back
Top Bottom