Morrissey Central "Release" - Bonfire release details (October 29, 2022)

As posted on Morrissey central

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem, I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch. Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles.

Morrissey’s next concert is at the Toyota Arena, Ontario, California on November 11.

DSCF3881.JPG
DSCF3890.JPG

Photos by S.E.R.

Media items:

Here's an interesting question. Well it's interesting to me anyway. Consider the unlikely possibility that Bonfire doesn't get a label in the UK (and Ireland, let's say). Assuming Moz plays in UK/IRL in 2023 is he ok to sell Bonfire at the merch desk?
I'm sure this is just a hypothetical question but I'm interested to read what you think.
i said this over ten years ago on here acton,you slap £10 on top of the ticket price and you recieve the album when you produce your ticket on entry,so simple.

But his obsession with the number 1 position is really a UK thing. He has zero chance of reaching number 1 in the US or in any other country. And the album will not be released in the UK (for the time being). So no promotion in the UK.

I can imagine him performing his new single (with Miley present to make it more interesting) on one of these TV shows. And if required, he may do some email interviews on a very selective basis.
its impossible to become number 1 in america as taylor swift has that slot booked for the next five years,as well as 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

its impossible to become number 1 in america as taylor swift has that slot booked for the next five years,as well as 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
So true. There's no room for anyone else as long as the masses stampede for Swift, Adele, Styles, and other radio plugged behemoths. They talk about diversity while churning out tubs of vanilla music.

I love the idea of it... but how long until the interview devolves into questions about his open letter to Johnny Marr, his support of For Britain, and other controversial comments made over the past few years... basically everything but the music?

I don't know, I've always liked it when he's opining on things other than his music. But you raise a good point: any interviewer who asks about For Britain would be a total hack, since that's already been asked and answered to death. And most interviewers probably would.

Sitting for another interview with Russell Brand might be interesting. Russell Brand is such an oddball at this point, and so caught up in the state of things, I don't think he's capable of asking the boring questions a media journalist would.

Or hell on earth X 3. Belfast then, and 2 of the worst bands ever conceived... Rollins 🤢
ha ha! even though I left there many years ago, Belfast will always be 'home' in many ways. To a young kid growing up there hearing 2 bands from California play in Belfast felt like a real antidote to the sectarian bull shit outside - but neither would be on my list of favourite bands - they wouldn't even make the C list. And Henry Rollins previously said some horrible stuff about Morrissey, of course, although I think he has mellowed with age and has since apologised for some of his younger anti-Moz vitriol.
And as for Belfast 'then'...yes, 'the Troubles' were still in full swing, but the 90s were also the beginning of the end of it all. What hardly ever gets talked about - what kick started the peace process was the fact that teenagers were starting to take ecstasy and dance together at raves. No one cares if you're Protestant or Catholic if you're loved up on MDMA. The 90s were a great decade in Belfast in many ways, just as they were across Ireland and Britain. It took to 1998 to get the Good Friday Agreement, of course, but the late 80s (2nd 'summer of love' and all that) and early 90s is where it all started. It just took a while for the paramilitaries and politicians to catch up.

ha ha! even though I left there many years ago, Belfast will always be 'home' in many ways. To a young kid growing up there hearing 2 bands from California play in Belfast felt like a real antidote to the sectarian bull shit outside - but neither would be on my list of favourite bands - they wouldn't even make the C list. And Henry Rollins previously said some horrible stuff about Morrissey, of course, although I think he has mellowed with age and has since apologised for some of his younger anti-Moz vitriol.
And as for Belfast 'then'...yes, 'the Troubles' were still in full swing, but the 90s were also the beginning of the end of it all. What hardly ever gets talked about - what kick started the peace process was the fact that teenagers were starting to take ecstasy and dance together at raves. No one cares if you're Protestant or Catholic if you're loved up on MDMA. The 90s were a great decade in Belfast in many ways, just as they were across Ireland and Britain. It took to 1998 to get the Good Friday Agreement, of course, but the late 80s (2nd 'summer of love' and all that) and early 90s is where it all started. It just took a while for the paramilitaries and politicians to catch up.
Are you sure the stalemate, caused by infiltrations from the opposition (which occurred on both sides), didn’t play a bigger role than Es, whizz, and Altern8?

Listening to Iggy's new song and having bought Ed's last album, I'm pretty sure BOT will not sound completely different, production-wise. Interesting.

Didn't the film Good Vibrations suggest teenagers and music helped coax peace along up there?

Moz should do a special UK edition of the album, where the controversial title track is replaced by a cover of 'Don't Look Back in Anger' (Billy Bragg on backing vocals).
The Manchester Arena bombing Public Inquiry is just about to start. There's no way a UK record company will release an album with a title track critical of public reaction to that tragedy. He really should know better.

The Manchester Arena bombing Public Inquiry is just about to start. There's no way a UK record company will release an album with a title track critical of public reaction to that tragedy. He really should know better.
The 'part 2' of the enquiry (going on since 2019 and actually due to finish not start) is being published tomorrow.
I suspect February is far enough off to be from under the finding's shadow. Especially when you factor in a 'staggered' release delay/announcement & a rather muted media response without as much visible '#outrage' as per previous.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, he wants to be loved in his hometown. UK and Ireland are home to him.
The UK especially should be ashamed for the way they have treated him. socal he loves but it's not home like UK and Ireland.
His gigs are nearly always fire in UK and Ireland. can't say that about anywhere else
So, yes he will be back if he has an lp or not.
I have to say I'm not trusting this new LP news still I think he was just trying to sell tickets on a tour that has loads of tickets - if you look at most stories, they all have ads for gigs
There has still been no news from the record company. Didn't he also say the last three labels were also gonna rerelease his back catalog?
Im not a hater, i want to see the lp. Just saying I have my doubts
Question: When has Morrissey ever claimed he had signed a record deal and it turned out to be not true?

Answer: Never.

If Morrissey feels that strongly about a topic why on earth would he take that into account? You stake your position and let the chips fall where they may. I doubt he gives a shit that UK record labels are too cowardly to support him. Part of him probably enjoys it and it may turn out to be good publicity for the album.

Someone pointed out the obvious Jesse connection, but I really think the choice of using them came through Watt.

I don’t really think of them as the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I just think of them as good enough musicians that may give him a different sound.

Aren’t Chad and Flea basically session musicians, I know Flea gets around and M is not a dog on a chain, so that was inevitable. ;)

He needs to make a record in the UK and get away from all these celebs and ageing US has been's.

He needs to make a record in the UK and get away from all these celebs and ageing US has been's.
He can make records in Siberia for all I care. The UK ain't what the UK used to be anyway in his eyes. He basically said as much when he left there many years ago and it goes for double these days. Dog on a Chain was made in America and it's the best thing he's done for a decade.

Red Hot Chili Peppers album 'Unlimited Love' released April 1st 2022: reached #1 in Argentina, #1 in Australia, #1 in Austria, #1 in Canada, #1 in Croatia, #1 in France, #1 in Germany, #1 in Hungary, #1 in Ireland, #1 in The Netherlands, #1 in New Zealand, #1 in Portugal, #1 in Switzerland, #1 in the UK, #1 on the US Billboard 200, #1 on US Top Alternative Albums Billboard chart, #1 on US Top Rock Albums Billboard chart. Also #2 in Belgium, #2 in Greece, #2 in Italy, #2 in Spain, #2 in Sweden, #3 in Czechia, #3 in Finland, #4 in Denmark, #4 in Poland, #7 in Lithuania, #9 in Japan, #9 in Norway.

Red Hot Chili Peppers album 'Return of the Dream Canteen' released October 14th 2022: reached #1 in Austria, #1 in France, #1 in Germany, #1 in The Netherlands #1 in New Zealand, #1 in Switzerland, #1 on US Top Alternative Albums Billboard chart, #1 on US Top Rock Albums Billboard chart. Also #2 in Australia, #2 in Belgium, #2 in Hungary, #2 in the UK, #3 in Canada, #3 on the US Billboard 200, #4 in Ireland, #4 in Poland, #5 in Italy, #7 in Spain, #9 in Japan.

Iggy Pop monthly Spotify listeners: 4.7 million.
Red Hot Chili Peppers monthly Spotify listeners: 26.3 million.
Miley Cyrus monthly Spotify listeners: 34.4 million.
Morrissey monthly Spotify listeners: 1.7 million.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom