Req: Lifeguard On Duty & Happy Lovers United MP3

Lifeguard On Duty & Happy Lovers United MP3

Now THAT is the Morrissey music i fell in love with so long ago..

I don't care what any of you say, i LOVE those songs - I've loved ALL the hidden gems that have surfaced over the years. I'd be bold enough to say these two songs are more listenable than any song off ROTT or YOR

Can't wait for more..

Stephane - are we allowed to hear your versions? If not, can you describe the differences?

I will re-rip "Striptease" when I get my hands on another record.
Sorry, I wasn't able to inspect the tracks as I was importing them.

Thanks for all the kind words.
Thanks to Morrissey and who ever released this vinyl.

FFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Re: Lifeguard On Duty & Happy Lovers United MP3

Now THAT is the Morrissey music i fell in love with so long ago..

This exactly what I thought when I listened to Lifeguard... on the walk to work this morning on the old PC Plod.
His voice and the lyrics on that song are the Morrissey I had kind of forgotten about, but the one I originally was so drawn to. I think it would have made a nice little Mandy Dingle with some extra work, a la Everyday is like Sunday.

Favourite lyrics:
"Patrolling the length and the breadth of your pool;
I call your name from the vestibule"

"The centre of town is a dangerous zone,
Drenched in phlegm every time I come home."

"Save me from the ails, and the ills
And other things..."

"The last bus home is a dangerous one,
A baseball bat across the collarbone."

"I'm always good, I'm never bad.
And I've always been so kind, to the sick and the partially blind."

More of these next time round, please, Mr.Morrissey.

Happy Lovers United is a bit day-and-night though, geezer.

Nice little nuggets from the past. Not his best so can see why they've been in the vault...still miles better than Boy Happy and THPGU, let's be honest.

I disagree - I don't think they're better than any of the recent output. But I do think they're very, very nice minor Morrissey curios. Well worth having. Many thanks to the uploadee.

"Happy Lovers United" and "Lifeguard On Duty" are both remarkably "finished" tracks, and they could easily be a b-side to any single. Glad to hear the drum-crack count intro for "Fantastic Bird'.

I'll need to give them more than a cursory listening, but I can pick out that the bulk of the songs have some unique quality. (I'll leave it to Flax and Stephan to do the autopsy right and proper.)

I think I've figured out the source for them, and I hope s/he was paid a pretty-penny for this (because burnt bridges are hard to cross). I'd hate to be on Morrissey's bad side.

Thanks a lot, Motorways - that`s just the sort of chear-up I needed after a really crappy day - may the force be with you!:bow::bow::bow:

Back
Top Bottom