Royal Albert Hall show cancelled 11/05/09

Re: Royal Albert Hall show cancelled tonight

Email just landed:

11 May 2009

Dear Customer,

Morrissey - Monday 11 May 2009

Thank you for booking for Morrissey at the Royal Albert Hall this evening.

I regret to inform you that due to illness this concert has been cancelled.

We are hoping to reschedule the concert and will contact you again soon to confirm details of this. Please keep hold of your tickets as they will be valid for any new date. If you cannot make the new date you will have the option to receive a full refund.

We are sorry for any disappointment that this may cause.

If you have any queries, please reply to this email.

Yours sincerely,

Marc Sheppard
Head of Ticketing Services

Anyone think a reschedule is likely, don't think so!!

Email just landed:

11 May 2009

Dear Customer,

We are hoping to reschedule the concert and will contact you again soon to confirm details of this. Please keep hold of your tickets as they will be valid for any new date. If you cannot make the new date you will have the option to receive a full refund.

Yours sincerely,

Marc Sheppard

When can a fresh date realistically fit in?

Jukebox Jury

Email just landed:

11 May 2009

Dear Customer,

Yours sincerely,

Marc Sheppard

Just had it too. Feel totally deflated, pissed off. How can he play Liverpool one night and then cancel this one? A massive RAH show. I have Cambridge and Troxy tix, I'm worried for them now. This is a depressing day.

When can a fresh date realistically fit in?

Jukebox Jury

nowhere...they're just saying that so people can cool off after the bad news....in a day or two when we basically accepted that the concert was cancelled they will tell us the truth, no reschedule and refunds will be given...they sure know how to handle humans.

I think being ill once a tour is fair enough. Everyone gets these viruses and for a singer it generally means you can't work.

But three times in one tour and I think your body is telling you something. I think it's time for Morrissey to stop booking these tours that go on for months. He's just not up to it anymore.

Me too, very deflated, esp. now I am working this PM instead of driving down to London. Much as I love Moz, I can't believe this is the 2nd time he's cancelled on me, in two years!

Feel sorry for those who only had tickets for London.

Hope he gets better soon, selfishly in time for Sat at least.

Couldn't care less about Jools show, it's the tour that matters.

Next tour Moz, a few more days off between shows yeah?

Disappointed of Peterborough.

Ive got to say that last nights show was by far the worst I have been to (11 to date)

His voice was fine as far as I could tell and the band were great but he was seriously pissed off with things.

He lets the failure of album and single sales get to him too much.

He moaned about atmosphere yet the crowd last night were all into it. The venue was crap but he or his team chose it!

When you pay 35 quid for a night out I dont want to be hearing him saying

"The atmosphere aint good" or "At last it comes to life", let alone his non stop moaning about antibiotics.

75 min set with a shambolic encore and lacklustre last 30 mins was not a great show as some people on here claim!

Just called RAH to get a refund on my 2 tickets and they said I'll have to wait because they're waiting news from Morrissey's people. even if it gets rescheduled (I don't think it will) I actually lost my enthusiasm.

Ive got to say that last nights show was by far the worst I have been to (11 to date)

His voice was fine as far as I could tell and the band were great but he was seriously pissed off with things.

He lets the failure of album and single sales get to him too much.

He moaned about atmosphere yet the crowd last night were all into it. The venue was crap but he or his team chose it!

When you pay 35 quid for a night out I dont want to be hearing him saying

"The atmosphere aint good" or "At last it comes to life", let alone his non stop moaning about antibiotics.

75 min set with a shambolic encore and lacklustre last 30 mins was not a great show as some people on here claim!

Funny, huh?! And this time there were no smelly meat to blame for his poor performance. No stinky meat? Blame the fans then.

Last edited:

even if it gets rescheduled (I don't think it will) I actually lost my enthusiasm.

I agree. I was really looking forward to tonight, and travelling up to Manchester for the birthday gigs; but this has left a sour taste in the mouth.

I agree. I was really looking forward to tonight, and travelling up to Manchester for the birthday gigs; but this has left a sour taste in the mouth.

Yeah, I'm goin' to the Troxy gig and he better have a different set list this time.

That will be all the milk you put in your tea son.

Yeah, I'm goin' to the Troxy gig and he better have a different set list this time.

Yeah he is playing the complete works of chas'n'dave and he is going to close the show to I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles.

really angers me that he has just done so many dates in the USA too and has let everyone down in the UK.
'America Is Not The World', morrissey...

Lo siento...it's not like Moz never canceled any of the US dates nohow! :squiffy:

It's now on His myspace..

Due to illness tonight's show at London Royal Albert Hall has been cancelled.

Event organisers would like to apologize to Morrissey's fans for the disappointment but he is unable to perform and on doctors orders has been told to rest.

Ticket holders are advised to hold on to their tickest and await more informarion shortly regarding a possible rescheduled date.

Cold comfort though it may be, methinks this is the closest we've ever gotten to an apology from Mozzer's mgt (because it's on the artist myspaz page, not because it's actually the event organizers who are throwing out the platitudes).

You must be referring to the shows which haven't been canceled during this Tour of Refusal.

Has anyone done the math? What percentage of shows have been called off?

I could've done so easily had David not gotten rid of the past tourdates on the tour page (probably in an effort to tidy the page and mebbee not plunge fan morale any lower with the gashes of cancellations?). Hmmm...lemme see...

Of the US tour, Moz canceled 7/34 shows. That's roughly 21% cancellation rate. Or for a glass-half-full view -- 79% success rate.

It's early on, so I don't reckon doing the Eire/UK numbers is that significant. Or someone else has to be arsed to do it.

Prior to 2009, in my personal concert hx of Moz shows (n=139), Moz had a failure rate of less than 4%. Hey, that's better way better than a condom! But this year of the US tour, I held tickets to 5 shows which had been canceled, and I had seen him at 5 proper concerts (TV tapings don't count). So that was a 50% refusal rate for my personal tally of Moz US concerts this year. Whoopee! Roll on, year of refusal!

Last edited:

I'm completely deflated. It was my wife's birthday today and this was a great surprise for her - the tickets fell out of the birthday card this morning, much to her joy. Was also taking the two kids, so it was going to be a lovely night. Also have tickets for Cambridge, bit worried about that now.

how many smiley faces are on their way to rah, without a clue?!
there must be so many people traveling down to london...

Back
Top Bottom