Russell Brand..urgh

have you read it ? is it any good

No, I haven't read it yet.

Hope alma and others will give us their reviews and feedbacks.

I have just finished the booky wook and it is fantastic, as it has been mentioned he has written it how he speaks and as a result it is a very colourful and expressive book. Very matter of fact and honest. I like Russell all the more for reading this.

I have just finished the booky wook and it is fantastic, as it has been mentioned he has written it how he speaks and as a result it is a very colourful and expressive book. Very matter of fact and honest. I like Russell all the more for reading this.

Me too, I do respect him more after reading this and I am in awe of how he has overcome all the addictive demons he seems to have inherited.
It was a very honest read if nothing else. I do like his observational humour and this is abundant in this book and as a reader, I was left in no doubt about how desperate his life had become but there was always that optimism that he knew he had talent and that talent would eventually save him.
One disappointment, if any, was the fact that apart from some mentions of Morrissey, there is nothing referring to how he became part of his life or how he influenced his life.:(

If he were I, my whole autobiography would have to be punctuated with how Morrissey just saved me in 19?? blah,blah ,blah. That’s just how it is for me. :)

Anyhow, I do wish Russell well and hope he is able to continue to thrive and entertain.

Ps Saw him on HIGNFY recently and I don’t think any of the panelists got him at all. They seemed to be on a different planet from him and there was a lot of laughing ‘at’ and not ‘with’ him which endeared him to me even more!! But his stint on Dawn French's Boys Who Do Comedy was very enlightening and enjoyable.

Me too, I do respect him more after reading this and I am in awe of how he has overcome all the addictive demons he seems to have inherited.
It was a very honest read if nothing else. I do like his observational humour and this is abundant in this book and as a reader, I was left in no doubt about how desperate his life had become but there was always that optimism that he knew he had talent and that talent would eventually save him.
One disappointment, if any, was the fact that apart from some mentions of Morrissey, there is nothing referring to how he became part of his life or how he influenced his life.:(

If he were I, my whole autobiography would have to be punctuated with how Morrissey just saved me in 19?? blah,blah ,blah. That’s just how it is for me. :)

Anyhow, I do wish Russell well and hope he is able to continue to thrive and entertain.

Ps Saw him on HIGNFY recently and I don’t think any of the panelists got him at all. They seemed to be on a different planet from him and there was a lot of laughing ‘at’ and not ‘with’ him which endeared him to me even more!! But his stint on Dawn French's Boys Who Do Comedy was very enlightening and enjoyable.

Thanks for your feedback. :)
Possibly Russell is saving Morrissey/Smiths bits for another book project?

Russell is on air now on BBC Radio 2 and has announced he'll be playing Morrissey's new single - plus he mentioned that the cover of the single features Moz in a West ham shirt - obviously a secret message meant for Russell! :)

Russell is just about to play the new single on his show. He also confirmed that the cover will be the West Ham pic.

I reckon Russell can be pretty annoying at times but he seems quite a genuine person in his own way and is pretty unique.

Not bad for these times.

Tuned in just before the song (which was a nice treat), did he mention anything about being in the video?

I only tuned in just before the song too but apparently he said something like "I'm in the new video, that's if we ever get round to making it".

Back
Top Bottom