San Francisco, CA - The Masonic (Dec. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / This Charming Man / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jack The Ripper / Oboe Concerto / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by CaffeineBloodstream.

• Review and photos (100 total) by Jason DeBord - Rock Subculture. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Morrissey-Concert-Review-Photos-2015-Tour-Masonic-San-Francisco-093.jpg
  • Photos by Christopher Victorio (17 total) - SF Weekly. Link from @SFWeekly / Twitter.

sanfrancisco2.jpg
  • Photos from @last_intl_playboy / Instagram (7 total). Link from an anonymous person.

sanfrancisco.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
Band wore "Morrissey for President" T shirts. For band intro each one introduced himself and Moz in high pitched voice said something to introduce himself but I could not figure out what he said maybe someone else can clarify.

President of what, the Hair Club for Men? Somebody should tell him about the natural-born citizen requirement for American presidents!

Ditching the sailor tops and loose fitting bottoms for jeans, a fitted (that looks to be) tuxedo jacket, and a collared button down white shirt really suits him well. So much more attractive like this. I give it :thumb::thumb:

Sounds awesome thanks for posting, was there an opening act?

QUOTE=CaffeineBloodstream;1986949072]After SF/Oakland postponements/cancellations in recent years, I was just glad he made it. I'm pretty sure this is right, but chime in with any corrections:

On: 9:05pm (red and blue on white background "Morrissey For President" band t-shirts)
("Spread open your Golden Gates")
01. Suedehead
("Welcome to our secret society", a reference to the venue)
02. Alma Matters
03. Speedway
04. Ganglord
05. How Soon Is Now?
06. First Of The Gang To Die
07. World Peace Is None of Your Business
08. Staircase At The University
09. I Will See You in Far-Off Places
10. This Charming Man
11. Kiss Me A Lot
12. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
13. Jack The Ripper
14. Oboe Concerto
(band introductions)
15. The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
16. What She Said
17. Everyday Is Like Sunday
18. The Bullfighter Dies
19. Meat Is Murder
20. You Have Killed Me
21. Let Me Kiss You (shirt toss)
(encore break)
22. The Queen Is Dead (shirt toss)
Off: 10:45pm[/QUOTE]

Ditching the sailor tops and loose fitting bottoms for jeans, a fitted (that looks to be) tuxedo jacket, and a collared button down white shirt really suits him well. So much more attractive like this. I give it :thumb::thumb:

He also needs to ditch the crotch jewelry and shirt tossering, stat.

President of what, the Hair Club for Men? Somebody should tell him about the natural-born citizen requirement for American presidents!

Not to mention the fact that it's ok now to be a black president but female or gay ? Ooomm ! I don't think the Yankee hillbillies are ready for that one anytime soon Steve !
Just ask the guys from BBC Top Gear who thought it was ok to write "man love " on their car at the " gasoline station ".

He wouldn't take the job if was handed to him on a plate anyway. He's always gobbling off about this and that yet when invited to sit on the panel of BBC Question time to explain his thoughts runs off to hide behind Mummy's dress tails until he plucks up the courage to come out with some more embarrassing gibberish horse shit diarrhoea !
He's all yours America.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The dickdanglers noticeably grow in length when he plays predominantly gay crowds. Aiming to entice them by way of optical illusion crotch jewelry? Silly Steven - such a trickster! Valiant effort, though, I must say.

Anything to distract people from his face.

Looks like someone had a little too much baked spaghetti and the famous Sinatra cannolis for Christmas. Better start on the two a days with the "Malibu Trainer to the Stars" before the big NYE show because rumor is Lil' Sammy Productions LTD will be filming it on his new Iphone 7 Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy got him for Christmas.

Damon is probably married to a WOMAN now living in someplace like Flint, Michigan eating McDonalds for dinner, just like Jake. You people will never get it. Well, as long as the gays keep buying tickets. Anonymous-

In all seriousness, it is pretty sad when a Morrissey tribute band plays the song better than his actual band.

And how many times do want to mention that? It doesn't stop Moz from playing it this way. So it's pointless. Apart from that, this tribute band doesn't play it better, they play it closer to the original recording and I suppose that's exactly what Moz doesn't want to do. If you don't like it, listen to the original recording and avoid listening to the current version. Simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show, wonderful venue. Top notch performance, had a great time once again. Well worth the trek and foreboding fear of a last minute cancellation. NorCal crowds can be pretty mellow, but this was a good group.

This was my 12th or 13th Morrissey show (you lose an accurate account after a while), and it was a really great show. The band sounds amazing.

A couple of things made this show a real standout; during "Speedway," the lights went out about 2/3 the way through and, when they came back on, Morrissey was behind the keyboard, Boz was on the drums, and Gustavo was front and center with the microphone, singing the remaining part of the song in Spanish; that was a really neat touch, not to mention to see Boz finish off the song with some nice drum licks (have been seeing Morrissey for 20+ years, and had never seen his band members switch instruments Sebadoh style).

Another thing that was really great is that he played the B-side "Ganglord" from a few years ago. I always liked that song, and heard him play it 4-5 years ago in London. What made it especially powerful at the Masonic is that the videos behind the band were all videos showing police brutality against humans and animals, including the Walter Scott video from South Carolina; this really reinforced the lyrics of the song and made it an amazing political statement.

I also love the song "Staircase at the University," and was glad to see it get played; that last bit with the classical guitar solo is amazing, and seeing Gustavo play it live was a lot of fun. "

World Peace" also sounded great, even though whatever little gizmo Boz was trying to play never worked.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom