Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
We know from a previous post on Central that it was actually someone else in Team Morrissey who was pushing the idea that the album was banned because of its subject matter:

“Morrissey has said that although he does not believe that Capitol Records in Los Angeles signed Bonfire of Teenagers in order to sabotage it, he is quickly coming around to that belief.”

If Morrissey gets his record back, we still wont get to hear it. Well, maybe SER will be instructed to release it upon his death.
It's funny. Miley wouldn't bother to bend over to pick up the token chump change that Morrissey refuses to rightfully return to Capitol. It just illustrates how he is not even in the same stratosphere as her and that sums up why he is in this predicament.

What are on you on about? Dog on a Chain was fantastic. World Peace was very good..
Each to their own.

My view is that Quarry was Morrissey's last outstanding album, though Ringleader and Years were both good or great.

Everything since then, to me, has just seemed half arsed and small time. The lyrics are uninspired, the artwork is appalling, the management of his career has been an absolute circus. It's just all very sad.

It’s almost like once he hit 50 he just thought “f*** it” and went into self destruct mode.

Last edited:
So M handles such matters personally. Or does M mean Ser and damo

1. People like Cyrus work with other people All THE TIME. To imagine releasing a backing vocal on an album track, would affect her sales is almost laughable.

2. Moz has turned into Sandy Shaw...desperate to appeal to a younger audience and whore their name with somebody popular with the masses.

3. It's embarrassing.

4. To release this stuff into the public domain...on Twitter/X at that...is very unprofessional. Who would want this guy to manage them?
A dignified silence can, after a while, become counter productive.

There's nothing unprofessional about calling out someone's bullshit with actual evidence.

There's only one person who has gone down in my estimation due to the release of these emails, and it isn't Scott Rodger.

Have he considered that Miley herself instructed her management to take this line, after reconsidering whether she wants to be involved with him, after learning a bit more about where his reputation now stands?
See also:

Embarrassing though this is, I can't help but feel that it's positive. What we have learnt is that the disagreement is over something minor (hopefully even Morrissey might change his mind, and I suppose it is possible that Miley's dispute with Colombia might even be resolved, which would solve it all).

We have also learnt that M would only have to pay a small fee to get the album rights and that Capitol want to give it back.

Obviously still concerning that he can't get a new label for Without Music but who knows what's really going on there.

I wonder if M will actually respond to this and give his perspective

He’ll respond on Central, but it will just be a vicious personal attack on this Scott Rodger character. There will be no further insight, ownership or self-reflection.

Embarrassing though this is, I can't help but feel that it's positive. What we have learnt is that the disagreement is over something minor (hopefully even Morrissey might change his mind, and I suppose it is possible that Miley's dispute with Colombia might even be resolved, which would solve it all).

We have also learnt that M would only have to pay a small fee to get the album rights and that Capitol want to give it back.
Well, you must really be an optimist. After all, the situation has been like this almost exactly a year, so any hope of resolving it must have evaporated as long ago as any excitement for the album in question. Plus add all the bad blood and embarassing publicity, so I'm 100 % certain Capitol will have nothing to do with BoT any more. They'll hand it back to Moz, if he returns the advance, but if he doesn't, they must be way past caring.

Blaming someone else is precisely what Morrissey is doing. Where is your condemnation of that?

Capitol cannot legally release this album due to the presence of MC's vocals, and Morrissey's refusal to remove them.

What is so difficult to understand about that?
Your point in bold is the critical one. IF we're being told the full story now, then Capitol have never been able to release the album. All Moneyssey would have to do is:

1. Pay back circa $75k
2. Replace the vocal on Veronica
3. Substitute a different track for Veronica

When you fall out this often with this many record companies, you wonder, what's the common denominator?

Obviously still concerning that he can't get a new label for Without Music but who knows what's really going on there.

Why would any label want dealings with Moz if this is how he acts?! M won't go to a tiny label because he wants to full whack package that a major label can give an album

Back
Top Bottom