Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
As a long time fan (35 years) who has been vastly disappointed in Morrissey's decline in songwriting, style, image and concert performances in the last decade, it's very sad to see Morrissey (in his own words no less) be this pathetic and desperate. It's not something I want to mock or make fun of, it just makes me sad. Miley Cyrus is a pissant compared to Morrissey and his desperation oozes from that email at the thought that he may not be able to exploit her name to push his single. As if his career depends on it.

Of course we knew the album not being released was all Morrissey's doing, but to see his own pleas and defiant, self sabotaging behavior in his own words is next level.

The fact that this album (which I doubt is something I'd enjoy anyway) is not releasable due to Morrissey's fixation with the likes of Miley Cyrus is a level of unfathomable cringe.

A sad day honestly, we've hit the basement.

I wonder what Miley thinks and if she will be asked either in print or on twitter (fans should start asking there everyday and see what she herself says. Either she or her mouthpiece will respond and that might get more attention than anything else plane or otherwise). Be nice to see something from her own mouth about the subject and what her public stance on the topic will be. People were gonna know shes singing on the track her pic was on the website with her on top of him so it’s not like it was gonna be a secret so it’s hard to understand what’s ruined for anyone by him making the mistake and spilling. If it’s not really a secret i don’t see what got ruined for anyone. Seems spiteful and an overreaction by a bunch of labels and management to someone they probably already have frustrated opinions about. Like a parent who’s overreaction and outsized punishment is designed to “teach” their kid a broader lesson. I guess they’d rather have the lesson than recouping anything. I’d still leak it and take anything they could get from it as diminished as possible and then when he’s asked about talk about Miley so she’ll start getting asked about it more and more

I wonder what Miley thinks and if she will be asked either in print or on twitter (fans should start asking there everyday and see what she herself says. Either she or her mouthpiece will respond and that might get more attention than anything else plane or otherwise). Be nice to see something from her own mouth about the subject and what her public stance on the topic will be. People were gonna know shes singing on the track her pic was on the website with her on top of him so it’s not like it was gonna be a secret so it’s hard to understand what’s ruined for anyone by him making the mistake and spilling. If it’s not really a secret i don’t see what got ruined for anyone. Seems spiteful and an overreaction by a bunch of labels and management to someone they probably already have frustrated opinions about. Like a parent who’s overreaction and outsized punishment is designed to “teach” their kid a broader lesson. I guess they’d rather have the lesson than recouping anything. I’d still leak it and take anything they could get from it as diminished as possible and then when he’s asked about talk about Miley so she’ll start getting asked about it more and more
Yeah, Miley must do interviews and promotion.
And seriously no journalist has thought of asking her about this for the last two years? It’d be interesting to know her stance.

The truly ridiculous thing is the album would be out by now - with Miley on it! - if he'd just kept quiet and let Capitol get on with their job. Seems from the trail as though it's only after Moz went public with the Miley vocal it became a problem. We might even have been talking about a WMTWD release. So frustrating but entirely predictable.

As a long time fan (35 years) who has been vastly disappointed in Morrissey's decline in songwriting
The biggest part of the songwriting that has been a disappointment for me, especially in the 2 unreleased records is that lack of song resolutions.

That has always been something I loved about the lyrics is how there was often something to tie it all together or untie it...

"I'll probably never see you again"
"Even now, in my final hour, I'm falling in love again"
"Like the last tracked humpbacked whale... Never giving in!"

Not that every song resolves like this but if feels like none of them do anymore.

When you get caught telling lies about why your album hasn’t been released….
IMG_9359.jpeg

Ok, how likely do you think it is he'll suddenly cancel his next gig at less than a day's notice and end up paying more than it would have cost to give Capitol their advance back? I say at least 75% likely, if it hasn't happened already.

Follow up is called Without Music the World Dies and we’re fundamentally stalled smh

Back
Top Bottom