Rumor Scott Rodger (Maverick/Quest): Bonfire of Teenagers scheduled for Feb. 23, delayed by featured artist

BFFFE472-6D40-4091-ABB2-5E1A898902D8.jpeg
764E84D2-F0E7-415B-9FB3-DF3D68D90CC9.jpeg

Scott Rodger of Maverick/Quest management took to Twitter responding to claims about BOT’s cancellation. According to Rodger what’s going on behind the scenes is legal trouble with a featured artist (must be Miley?) who was supposed to go uncredited for legal reasons. Morrissey announced their feature on his blog, which led to a delay as they have to scrub the vocals from the album and replace them.

Rodger gives a release date of February 23rd 2023 and no indication that that is off.

“Morrissey’s album was due for release in Feb 23. It will come out but Morrissey himself put out a statement in his blog that the album “featured” another artist who didn’t want to be credited and thus the artist’s label blocked the release. Nothing to do with Capitol.”

“The artist who did backing vocals will be taken off and replaced. That takes time especially as you hit Christmas. When you say fight, sadly it doesn’t work that way. The other label, Columbia, legally blocked it. They’re within their rights to do so.”

What a mess.

Morrissey should go nowhere near any form of public communication medium. He has enough money to pay good people to protect his interests. It is all a mess of his own making. I hope the statements from his apparently management are the true and the album is still coming out in a slightly revised form.

I imagine Miley is equally frustrated by this, seems like artist control gone mad.

Presumably Columbia are terrified of the bad publicity and Twitter cancellation storm that would result if Miley's fans knew she worked with an artist as toxic as Morrissey. I'm guessing a lot of her fanbase is pretty woke.
No, Columbia’s owns her and she knows she did something out of contract terms. They simply want her to be exclusive or they want their piece. Her management needs to be the ones worried about who she affiliates with.

What a mess.

Morrissey should go nowhere near any form of public communication medium. He has enough money to pay good people to protect his interests.
But he did, with Sam.

Anyway, to replace The Cyrus backing vocals, mastering them and manufacturing a physical product will surely take more than 2 months. Don't expect the finished product before the second half of the year. This excludes a download format.

I did mention the other week that yet again all fans are now on an emotional rollercoaster 🎢 yet again RE albums, singles being released.
Well I’m getting off it, just for my own sanity.
Personally, I cant ever see anything getting released ever again by any record company, why should they?? With low sales and a problematic singer with a bad reputation.

From now on I’ll be sticking to the concert side of thing.
The man was electrifying this year and I can’t wait to go again.

If it's true that Miley Virus blocked the BOT release then Morrissey must have an achy breaky heart now 💔

Presumably Columbia are terrified of the bad publicity and Twitter cancellation storm that would result if Miley's fans knew she worked with an artist as toxic as Morrissey. I'm guessing a lot of her fanbase is pretty woke.
I would doubt it´s anything to do with that to be honest - I would imagine this is purely to do with contractual / legal issues. The much more interesting question is why Morrissey didn´t say something about this yesterday in the statement on Central, and why he has suggested the future of BOT is a question mark - if what Scott Rodger is saying is true, of course, and the album is still coming out in 2023 as planned. The statement yesterday suggests a total breakdown in the relationship between Moz and Capital (and Quest) - and that is not explained by this issue with Miley´s record label. What is obvious is that posts on Central are damaging his career.

Going by the crap production on 'Rebels', I'd be OK if Moz and Alain just re-recorded the entire album with Chicarelli. Scrap it and move on.

The only doubt I have about these comments from Mr Rodger - surely removing a backing vocal from a mix is a fairly simple and straighforward process. Why do the backing vocals need to be ´replaced´?

I did mention the other week that yet again all fans are now on an emotional rollercoaster 🎢 yet again RE albums, singles being released.
Well I’m getting off it, just for my own sanity.
Personally, I cant ever see anything getting released ever again by any record company, why should they?? With low sales and a problematic singer with a bad reputation.

From now on I’ll be sticking to the concert side of thing.
The man was electrifying this year and I can’t wait to go again.
I’ve pre-ordered it for you, for Xmas. 💋

The only doubt I have about these comments from Mr Rodger - surely removing a backing vocal from a mix is a fairly simple and straighforward process. Why do the backing vocals need to be ´replaced´?
I get what you are saying. I think the backing vocals really enhance Veronica though. I hope they stay.

Then Columbia would be foolish, because she twerked all over Robin Thicke and sang Blurred Lines with him, during that controversy. She was practically naked and pretty young. All the woke women were calling it a rapey song, when it clearly is not, it's about a woman wanting getting her freak on with another guy because her current partner is to vanilla for her.

I wonder who they'll get for the replacement vocals. Kristeen Young or Fiona Dodwell? :unsure:
Surely there's ample time over Christmas for a cold cat to crawl into the engine of an idle car and get caught up in the fan belt. Would save paying KY.

Morrissey is still on the Quest site.
None of this even makes sense.
Morrissey named Miley on his site when he was not supposed to?
Then played her backing vocals live and talked about her, again, not supposed to?
The announcement in October started the legal battle?
But he is blaming the record company and his management?

What can anyone really do with someone who won't cooperate? How can they promote an album in ligitation that another record company is trying to block? How can Capitol confirm they are representing him when he got them into ligitation? Maybe they were considering dropping him and just did not want to comment. Sounds like he made this mess.
It kind of sounds like it lines up with what he was saying about it being in the hands of Capitol, it's a lost album, he is not sure it's coming out. A company can't really promote a product when they are unsure of the status of said product.
Maybe there was an injunction prohibiting anyone from speaking about it.

And naturally, again, he has no fault in this.

Looking at who is 'talking' and where - I'd take a large pinch of salt with the sudden burst of "insider" information that none of the labels or artists potentially concerned have yet to confirm themselves.
I'd (yet again) stress the concept of dealing with/discussing information like this in the mode of a 'sociologist' (especially when then forming "definitive" views with said), but it appears to be something many struggle with.
FWD.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom