See Tickets to issue a statement by Friday

So when up to (I guess) 30% of tickets are bought by touts, do all us fans get the tickets???

No, not everyone would get a ticket but that would happen whether touts exist or not as the place only has limited capacity and more people then that limited amount wanted to go.

If everyone stopped buying from touts then they would soon go away as they would no longer have a market to sell to. People should be aware of what they are dealing with when paying cash for tickets to an event that COULD be cancelled with no receipt or proof of transaction should such things happen.

Yes, i do kinda feel sorry for people who have been caught out on this occasion but its hardly seetickets fault.

No, not everyone would get a ticket but that would happen whether touts exist or not as the place only has limited capacity and more people then that limited amount wanted to go.

If everyone stopped buying from touts then they would soon go away as they would no longer have a market to sell to. People should be aware of what they are dealing with when paying cash for tickets to an event that COULD be cancelled with no receipt or proof of transaction should such things happen.

Yes, i do kinda feel sorry for people who have been caught out on this occasion but its hardly seetickets fault.

Errr yes it is Seetickets fault. Why not just refund Friday as they are for Sat / Sun? That is you send your ticket back, you get a refund (cheque). How difficult is that to ensure that people (the real fans) aren't left even more out of pocket.

You're a real caring soul...

am absolutely devastated. when the friday gig was cancelled i was never worried about the money, i was just saddened that i had missed out on what would have been a wonderful night. the fact that it's not going to be rescheduled is now compounded by the fact that the 70 odd quid i paid to some bloke on ebay might as well have been burnt. i'm going to try my best to get in contact with him and hope that he does the decent thing. like i've said, it's not really the money that matters to me but it would be nice all the same to get it back...

Errr yes it is Seetickets fault. Why not just refund Friday as they are for Sat / Sun? That is you send your ticket back, you get a refund (cheque). How difficult is that to ensure that people (the real fans) aren't left even more out of pocket.

You're a real caring soul...

Firstly, seetickets do not take payment by any other method then by credit card so have no reason to offer a refund by any other method. The only people who would suffer by operating this policy is those who do not abide by the terms and conditions. Play by the rules and you wouldnt have such a problem.

The roundhouse, however, is offering cheque refunds for tickets which are returned. If you wanted to try to get a refund from them in that way you may be able to but again, as they would not have a record of you purchasing the tickets from them would be unlikely to co-operate.

Being a "caring soul" has nothing to do with it - if you stick to the terms and conditions of the tickets and dont buy from the black market there would be no problem.

Firstly, seetickets do not take payment by any other method then by credit card so have no reason to offer a refund by any other method. The only people who would suffer by operating this policy is those who do not abide by the terms and conditions. Play by the rules and you wouldnt have such a problem.

The roundhouse, however, is offering cheque refunds for tickets which are returned. If you wanted to try to get a refund from them in that way you may be able to but again, as they would not have a record of you purchasing the tickets from them would be unlikely to co-operate.

Being a "caring soul" has nothing to do with it - if you stick to the terms and conditions of the tickets and dont buy from the black market there would be no problem.

You sound like a barrel of laughs mate... Computer says "no". You stick to the terms and conditions of life, I'll worry about the real world where loyal fans (you have to be a loyal fan paying £100 a ticket) are losing out as they missed out on the 9am (some people do work for a living) original sales...

am absolutely devastated. when the friday gig was cancelled i was never worried about the money, i was just saddened that i had missed out on what would have been a wonderful night. the fact that it's not going to be rescheduled is now compounded by the fact that the 70 odd quid i paid to some bloke on ebay might as well have been burnt. i'm going to try my best to get in contact with him and hope that he does the decent thing. like i've said, it's not really the money that matters to me but it would be nice all the same to get it back...

I would like to think that most e-bayers worth their account would happily refund the full price you paid. No doubt there are some greedy ****s out there who wouldnt but hopefully, assuming you got it from someone with a decent feedback, you'l be ok.

You sound like a barrel of laughs mate... Computer says "no". You stick to the terms and conditions of life, I'll worry about the real world where loyal fans (you have to be a loyal fan paying £100 a ticket) are losing out as they missed out on the 9am (some people do work for a living) original sales...

i'm sure your great company too.

All i am saying is that you are blaming the wrong people. Seetickets are not the ones screwing people over here. They make it quite clear the tickets are not to be sold on for reasons such as this and if you choose to ignore that its at your own risk.

Paying £100 a ticket does not make you any more a loyal fan then anyone else who intended on going so i'l ignore that.

As for the touts snapping up tickets and selling them to people daft enough to pay over the top - that is a matter that needs to be dealt with but is also a discussion for a later date.

I would like to think that most e-bayers worth their account would happily refund the full price you paid. No doubt there are some greedy ****s out there who wouldnt but hopefully, assuming you got it from someone with a decent feedback, you'l be ok.

well yes, that is what i am hoping. have sent him an email today so fingers crossed it will be ok.

i'm sure your great company too.

All i am saying is that you are blaming the wrong people. Seetickets are not the ones screwing people over here. They make it quite clear the tickets are not to be sold on for reasons such as this and if you choose to ignore that its at your own risk.

Paying £100 a ticket does not make you any more a loyal fan then anyone else who intended on going so i'l ignore that.

As for the touts snapping up tickets and selling them to people daft enough to pay over the top - that is a matter that needs to be dealt with but is also a discussion for a later date.

Do you work for Seetickets?
Did you go to the gig on Friday?

Why can't seetickets do refunds via return of tickets rather than debit card refunds?

well yes, that is what i am hoping. have sent him an email today so fingers crossed it will be ok.

Good luck ;)

To be fair, most of the ebayers are a good crowd and do state they'l give a full refund if required.

Could be worse, you could have got a ticket from someone on the street corner. Then you'd be struggling for a refund of anything, full price or even just face value

feels so unfair, i want to cry!:tears: Im just gutted, why on earth couldn't they be rearranged!!? i want asnwers!:mad:

Do you work for Seetickets?
Did you go to the gig on Friday?

Why can't seetickets do refunds via return of tickets rather than debit card refunds?

I dont work for them...hate them with a passion but treat them as a necessary evil when buying gig tickets.

no, thankfully i was not at fridays gig but was meant to be at saturdays one.

They dont do refunds to anything other then credit/debit card as they have no need to. They take payment by card only and clearly state that the tickets are not to be resold therefore the only people who should have a ticket are those who's card details are on their system and will receive a refund regardless.

In fact, its a good way to do things as it means people will not have to loose out by paying to post back tickets which couldnt possibly have been of use to anyone anyway and far quicker to process.

feels so unfair, i want to cry!:tears: Im just gutted, why on earth couldn't they be rearranged!!? i want asnwers!:mad:

probably because there simply wasnt 3 dates in a row in the near future where the venue, moz and other staff were all free - simple as that

I dont work for them...hate them with a passion but treat them as a necessary evil when buying gig tickets.

no, thankfully i was not at fridays gig but was meant to be at saturdays one.

They dont do refunds to anything other then credit/debit card as they have no need to. They take payment by card only and clearly state that the tickets are not to be resold therefore the only people who should have a ticket are those who's card details are on their system and will receive a refund regardless.

In fact, its a good way to do things as it means people will not have to loose out by paying to post back tickets which couldnt possibly have been of use to anyone anyway and far quicker to process.

"For the abandoned Friday 25th Jan show will be automatically refunded to patrons Credit Debit /Cards Ticket holders for the cancelled Saturday 26th Jan and Sunday 27th Jan shows should return their unused tickets to point of purchase for a refund." - So yes they can do ticket refunds (they are for Sat / Sun)...

The fact you aren't even affected by this makes your view understandable... Maybe you should leave this thread for those of us who this directly affects???

oh well £300 down the drain (i cant see the nice tout i met outside refunding me the £180 i spent on 3 tickets, can you?)

Gutted more about not seeing him than the money though - even though i got in on Mon and Weds.

I bet Moz tours later on this year to promote the new album and i'll just move heaven and earth to get tickets well in advance.

"For the abandoned Friday 25th Jan show will be automatically refunded to patrons Credit Debit /Cards Ticket holders for the cancelled Saturday 26th Jan and Sunday 27th Jan shows should return their unused tickets to point of purchase for a refund." - So yes they can do ticket refunds (they are for Sat / Sun)...

The fact you are even affected by this makes your view understandable... Maybe you should leave this thread for those of us who this directly affects???

I think you'l find you have taken that quote from the roundhouse website who, as i said, ARE willing to offer cheque refunds and not seetickets. Whether they are willing to do this for tickets that may not have been purchased from their box office is another matter.

As for whether it directly affects me or not and whether i should be allowed to contribute to the discussion...is my non-blinkered view causing problems by picking holes in your one track rant about the party who have done nothing wrong?!

on my e-mail it says i have to return my ticket to recieve a refund, but ive got a 6 day pass and didnt get a ticket, what does that mean?

I knew they'd play silly beggars

As for whether it directly affects me or not and whether i should be allowed to contribute to the discussion...is my non-blinkered view causing problems by picking holes in your one track rant about the party who have done nothing wrong?!

"Picking holes" so you're a lawyer now as well as a boring arsehole.

I just assume people would have better things to do than spend time replying to threads that don't affect them playing devils advocate to people who are quite rightly upset about losing £100's.

You're not David Walliams or Jonathon Ross are you?

"Picking holes" so you're a lawyer now as well as a boring arsehole.

I just assume people would have better things to do than spend time replying to threads that don't affect them playing devils advocate to people who are quite rightly upset about losing £100's.

You're not David Walliams or Jonathon Ross are you?

I am neither David Walliams, Jonathon Ross nor a lawyer.

Just someone trying to have a sensible debate about the way this has all been handled...seemingly with someone who despite taking a risk and having gone against the rules to acquire a ticket, having no proof of purchase or contact details for their point of purchase feels that its someone else's fault that they have lost out.

Yes, i feel sorry for anyone who has lost out on this but you took a risk, it didnt pay off, life goes on. Its not seetickets or anyone else's fault

Back
Top Bottom