Morrissey Central Selection of new tour dates: Mexico, South America, USA (June 19, 2023)

unnamed.jpg

MEMPHIS TENNESSEE : Graceland
Morrissey in concert
OCTOBER 17, 2023 U.S.A.

unnamed.png

ARGENTINA / Morrissey 2023

September 23
BUENOS AIRES Movistar Arena

Mexico_Flag_Map.svg.png

MEXICO / Morrissey 2023

September 10
MEXICO CITY : Palacio de los Deportes (Sports Palace Arena)

brazil-flag-map.jpg

BRAZIL / Morrissey 2023

Wednesday September 27
SAO PAULO / Moviestar Arena Espaco Unimed (corrected June 20, 2023)

Saturday September 30
BRASILIA / Opera Hall

full

UPDATE June 20:

Harsh Truth posted:

Ticketmaster provides further details on the venues:

The NYC venue is The United Palace and it's not exactly central to anything.

Media mention:

Last edited:
So he's going to (possibly) do a"40 years of..." tour but only in the US? What fantastic planning and logic. It feels a little like an afterthought, but who knows.

I hope he considers doing it in the UK too as we're fairly bored with the same set lists repeatedly when he has an absolutely stonking back catalogue he could draw from.

So he's going to (possibly) do a"40 years of..." tour but only in the US? What fantastic planning and logic. It feels a little like an afterthought, but who knows.

I hope he considers doing it in the UK too as we're fairly bored with the same set lists repeatedly when he has an absolutely stonking back catalogue he could draw from.
People keep complaining about his set-list(s), ad nauseam, but I would lay money on there being hardly any agreement reached, amongst fans, as to what should be on it.

So, when he starts his UK bit of a tour in a couple of days, what would your optimum set-list (of 19 songs) look like?

NB: I personally would kill off Telephone, and Knockabout, but apart from that, current list seems fine to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he's going to (possibly) do a"40 years of..." tour but only in the US? What fantastic planning and logic.
I still think it highly likely this will be the same standard setlist with maybe one or two suprises at most. For it to be the comprehensive celebration the publicity suggests, he'd have to limit himself to one song per studio album, and play something from all of them. I can't see that happening. Several albums will be completely ignored.

Alsatian Cousin/ Something Is Squeezing My Skull/ Mute Witness/ The Boy Racer/ Certain People I Know/ Knockabout World/ You Have Killed Me/ Billy Budd/ Jackie's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage/ Now My Heart Is Full/ Trouble Loves Me/ I'm Not A Man/ Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice/ The Last Of The Famous International Playboys/ The First Of The Gang To Die/ I Don't Mind If You Forget Me// Unloveable/ Every Day Is Like Sunday/ Suedehead//Lost

Early advertising.

The New York venue has no sign of Morrissey. No posters, no marquee or anything. But posters are up all over the city.

Attachments

• UnitedPal.jpeg
    UnitedPal.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 0
The New York venue has no sign of Morrissey. No posters, no marquee or anything. But posters are up all over the city.
They need to do something because, aside from Saturday, these shows are selling horribly.

They need to do something because, aside from Saturday, these shows are selling horribly.

I’ve noticed that, i was thinking of treating myself to a late birthday present as midweek flights to New York are pretty cheap but other than Saturday, the other nights are only about 20% sold and after the Nottingham cancellation I’m a bit wary.

8stitches9lives-20230903-0001.jpg

2 there early for the 10th.
FWD.

Of course it goes on sale after I get my tickets lol...

Worried about transportation to and from the venue though, I will be staying in Connecticut an hour drive from NYC (going to be taking the train instead of driving though) so I'll be in the Grand Central Terminal and have to get to the venue from there..

Of course it goes on sale after I get my tickets lol...

Worried about transportation to and from the venue though, I will be staying in Connecticut an hour drive from NYC (going to be taking the train instead of driving though) so I'll be in the Grand Central Terminal and have to get to the venue from there..
The A or the 1 train from Times Sq or Penn Station goes right there. The A actually is easier and drops you close to the venue at 175th St. It is an easier ride than it seems being so far North of midtown.

Dropped the ticket prices from $108 to $44 as well, wonder if that what they mean by great seats have been made available?

Goes to show how overpriced the tickets are. $44 is still expensive when you got high chances of a short half-assed performance ( if he actually shows up )

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom