Smiths CD singles

Hi

Can anyone tell me what sort of value I could expect to get from my smiths CD singles if I was selling?

I know they are probably not worth a great deal but I was just interested to know if it would be worth my while considering selling now (you know what its like when things start to pinch a bit!)

I have

Ask (RTT 194CD)
The Boy with the thorn (RTT 191CD)
Panic (RTT 193CD)
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable (RTT 156CD)
Sheila Take a bow (Line records 7 track disc incl Sheila, Is it really so strange, Sweet and tender, Shoplifters, Half a person, Panic & London) (LICD 9.00308 L)
Stop Me (Line records 4 track incl Stop me, Work is a 4 letter word, Girlfreind in a coma & I keep mine hidden) LICD 9.00440
Barbarism Begins at home (RTT 171CD)
Sweet and Tender Hooligan (Reprise maxi single - Digi pack feat I keep mine hddien, work is a 4 letter word and What's the World? Live)
There is a light that never goes out (WEA release with the Sandie shaw b-sides)
This Charming Man (WEA release both discs. 1st with Jeane, Wonderful Woman and Accept yourself, the second with 7 versions of Charming man - including both New york and New York instrumental)
Last Night I dreamt That Somebody Loved me (RTT 200CD)

Also I have the 7" still ill double A side DJ Promo

I appreciate the serious collectors out there may scoff at this little selection but I thought I would ask the question anyway.

Cheers in advance to anyone who is moved to reply.

Neil

Last edited:
Hi Neil,

The strange thing about the Rough Trade cd singles is that when I was collecting them a few years ago they regularly fetched between £25 to £40! apart from Ask that always seems to fetch a lot less and the Headmaster Ritual that went for about £55! but looking at recent ebay sales, £15 to £20 seems to be a good price for an excellent copy! In fact I bought another copy of Headmaster Ritual for only £20 a few months back and that includes postage from Australia. Whilst that was a bargain I think it does show that they aren't commanding the prices they use to. Whether this is a temporary dip in value is anyones guess?

The Still Ill 7" promo is also worth about £15 - £20 (for a near mint copy) which always seems in my opinion undervalued, but there does seem to be an awful lot of these around which must obvious effect their value.

Last edited:
If anyone has any interest in these please feel free to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom