Morrissey Central "SONGS UNSUNG (Part 1) “Action Is My Middle Name”" (May 2, 2023)

This song is merely a rewriting of "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris", the choruses of both are virtually identical melodically
Apart from the totally different chord structure, melody, rhythm and phrasing, you are, as always, absolutely correct. Uncle Peter...what would we do for entertainment if he ever fecked off for good? Roll on July: it's going to be incredible.

This song is merely a rewriting of "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris", the choruses of both are virtually identical melodically
It’s nothing like it. For a start, it’s a lot better. Opinion obviousl.

Mostly an enjoyable tune. It would have been better still if they'd bothered to construct a proper ending for it rather that muttering /fade out thing.

These random tracks that have graced YouTube for years really deserve proper releases because they are as good as other people's very best material despite them having been shunned by M himself.

Let's see what exactly Part Deux will bring!
I remember when MySpace was the popular music platform. Very little is left on there now. Something similar could happen with YouTube. Indeed, channels have been removed. I suppose official videos and audios come from originals stored elsewhere, which would be sensible. What seems at first so convenient can end up costly.

giphy.gif

Apart from the totally different chord structure, melody, rhythm and phrasing, you are, as always, absolutely correct.
To be fair, the chord structure is very similar, so I can see where he is getting this. That said, I think the differences in melody are enough that I don't find this enough to annoy me.

Why is it titled ‘songs unsung’?
Is Moz about to take action on the unreleased albums?
Will we ever see a part 2?
Has SER been replaced by ChatGTP?

Action, along with People Are the Same Everywhere and The Kid’s a Looker were all official B-sides for the Intl Playboys re-release, no?

Action, along with People Are the Same Everywhere and The Kid’s a Looker were all official B-sides for the Intl Playboys re-release, no?
All J. Long versions released, but only the promo below features all 3 as digital (People... only came out on PD vinyl).

52649_R-6401001-1431900562-3386.jpeg.jpg

The Studio In Session/Temple Lane versions are obviously on DVD.
Regards,
FWD.

Plenty of great 'lost' tracks over the years. 'I'm Just Playing Easy To Get' and 'Noise is the Best Revenge' are a couple I'd have loved to have proper studio version of.

That song is on the Morrissey 25 Live At Hollywood High bluray which I bought back around 2013. I always liked that song and assumed somehow Moz got fed up of it and didn't release it on the next album because of the time gap. It's a catchy song.

I hope Part 2 is "I'm Looking Forward to Going Back." I have always been intrigued by that title.

Most folks never figured out that the acronym for
Action Is My Middle Name is Aimm'n.
Moz is takin' action, but there's a aim to the action.

My favourite from that batch of songs, and probably one of the favourites from the last decade

Went to my first Morrissey gig back in 2011, twelve hours on a bus, blasting his discography on my iPod classic

Then somehow got pulled into the List and waiting around the venue for another ten hours

Front row, Moz came out in a blue, transparent glittery shirt (Die? Never!) and sang I Want the One, followed later by Action – it's nice finding this in full on Youtube where someone has uploaded it with their Nokia:

Band in red McMurder shirts and Boz in a dress?

Of course those comments on the Norway shooting

The song brings back some memories, 8/10

Back
Top Bottom