Sparks' (Mael brothers) personal life

T. H. Auden

It's a bit suspicious that none of them are married and have kids, no? Just like Morrissey. Could there be an element of jealousy there, from their side, maybe?

I think they just panicked about getting cancelled if they didn't say the right thing while out flogging their product & chucked him under the bus.

God, what are you? Like from the Victorian era? They are not gay if that's what you're implying. I know because they said so.

There are a lot of heterosexual people who choose not to marry, either because they prefer to stay single or because they and their partner don't really see the significance of marriage.

Not everyone who is single and unmarried is in the closet.

God, what are you? Like from the Victorian era? They are not gay if that's what you're implying. I know because they said so.
I'm from the Veronican era. It's not always so simple that people are eigther straight or eighter they are gay. Maybe humasexual is a good word after all.

It's a bit suspicious that none of them are married and have kids, no? Just like Morrissey. Could there be an element of jealousy there, from their side, maybe?

You’re saying that the Sparks are jealous of Morrissey.

But all three of them are not married, so why would the Sparks be jealous of Morrissey?

You’re saying that the Sparks are jealous of Morrissey.

But all three of them are not married, so why would the Sparks be jealous of Morrissey?
Tomorrow I will maybe get drunk again and get into the same mindset to understand better what I meant, then I could offer a better explanation. I skipped some dots in the "point-to-point-drawing" so to speak. So we'll see if I can connect them again after some beer, and possibly unmarried/single malt whisky. We'll see. Anyway, have a wonderful evening, Ketamine Sun!

Tomorrow I will maybe get drunk again and get into the same mindset to understand better what I meant, then I could offer a better explanation. I skipped some dots in the "point-to-point-drawing" so to speak. So we'll see if I can connect them again after some beer, and possibly unmarried/single malt whisky. We'll see. Anyway, have a wonderful evening, Ketamine Sun!

I understood your OP (I think). I took you to mean that Morrissey is more outspoken in his art about not marrying and not begetting children. Kick the Bride Down the Aisle, Will Never Marry, (I'm) The End of the Family Line, &c. And that the Sparks brothers (if their unmarried and childless states are out of principle and not just bad luck) might envy Morrissey his expression of it.

But then, I've hardly heard every Sparks song.

I understood your OP (I think). I took you to mean that Morrissey is more outspoken in his art about not marrying and not begetting children. Kick the Bride Down the Aisle, Will Never Marry, (I'm) The End of the Family Line, &c. And that the Sparks brothers (if their unmarried and childless states are out of principle and not just bad luck) might envy Morrissey his expression of it.

Yes! This is it! Thank you for finding the key

I understand your interpretation of OP’s initial post, though I’ll never get how you squeezed that meaning out of it! lol.

Anyhoo ….

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Happy together, happy together
Happy, happy

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Happy, happy

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Long, long walks on the beach
Lovely times

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Candlelight dinners home
Lovely times

This time it's gonna last
Forever, forever, forever

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Happy, happy

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Happy, happy

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Lovely times

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Candlelight dinners home
Lovely times

Hey baby, how you doin'?
You're fine, so fine
Hey baby, how you doin'?
You're fine, so fine

Lovely times
Candlelight dinners home
Lovely times

Lovely times
Candlelight dinners home
Lovely times

I married myself
I'm very happy together
Lovely times

Harry, it's good of you to stay
Hear every word I say
And not just duck away
God, these drinks are something warm and watered down
Barkeep, how 'bout some ice
Hey, Harry sit back down
Say, that little thing there's fine from behind
They all look good after three or four,
So drink Harry, drink Harry,
Drink 'til you can't see no more
Of anything, no more of anything
Drink Harry, drink Harry, drink 'til you can't see no more
For months, for years,
Tits were once a source of fun and games at home
And now she says, tits are only there to feed our little Joe
So that he'll grow
Harry, it's really rough at home
I've caught her on the phone
Hey, who's that on the phone?
"Oh, that's no one dear",
The standard sort of line
Harry, you know me well,
You know that I'm not blind
Hey, you ain't been drinking
Don't you know I'm buying?
They all taste good after three or four
So drink Harry, drink Harry, drink 'til you can't drink no more
Drink Harry, drink 'til you can't drink no more
How well I know
Tits were only there for fun and games at home
So that he'll grow
God, the room is spinning round
Hey, drive me home old pal
God, you sure get around
Harry, I know it's you who's breaking up my home
Harry, don't say a word, just drop me off at home
Harry, forgive me Harry, let's have just one more
It's all so good after three or four
So let's drink Harry, drink 'til we can't drink no more
Drink Harry, drink Harry, drink 'til we can't drink no more
How well I know
Tits were once a source of fun and games at home
So that he'll grow into a man
So let's drink Harry, drink 'til we can't see no more.

I’m sure there are more Sparks songs that highlight that the Sparks are probably not jealous of others that express the discontent of the married life or songs that express I’m ok by myself. Though with Morrissey the subject seemed more important on which he zoomed in on.

Yes! This is it! Thank you for finding the key

But did you read an interview or something that made you think that they may be jealous of Morrissey’s expression of the subject of marriage?

Never seen the appeal of Sparks. Rather listen to Coldplay and that's saying something....

Hang your head in shame, Sparks are one of the best American bands ever. I saw Morrissey at one of their shows back in the 1990s.

I’m sure there are more Sparks songs that highlight that the Sparks are probably not jealous of others that express the discontent of the married life or songs that express I’m ok by myself. Though with Morrissey the subject seemed more important on which he zoomed in on.

That puts the OP's theory to rest, then. I hadn't heard enough Sparks songs to know. I wouldn't rate them lower than Coldplay, but they're a bit too operatic and shrill for my ears.

That puts the OP's theory to rest, then. I hadn't heard enough Sparks songs to know. I wouldn't rate them lower than Coldplay, but they're a bit too operatic and shrill for my ears.

Yeah, the qualities that the Sparks have that make some lifelong fans, are the same qualities that drive others to run screaming in the opposite direction, those vocals and zany music.

I'm aware M is a huge fan. Does it thus follow we should all genuflect at their microphone? I was also never a fan of Dockyard Doris......

Since you don’t like Sparks, I now quite naturally have to look up Dockyard Doris, sounds promising!

But I understand what you’re saying.
There’s a lot of music particularly the indie bands from the 90’s on from the Courteeners to Young the Giant and Authority Zero that Morrissey champions, that I can’t stand, total shit.

Since you don’t like Sparks, I now quite naturally have to look up Dockyard Doris, sounds promising!

But I understand what you’re saying.
There’s a lot of music particularly the indie bands from the 90’s on from the Courteeners to Young the Giant and Authority Zero that Morrissey champions, that I can’t stand, total shit.
DD was a drag queen who introduced M at Sheffield (Boxers Tour). Gallon Drunk, Marion and Kristeen Young are all acquired tastes too. Tis what makes the world spin. Difference of opinion.

DD was a drag queen who introduced M at Sheffield (Boxers Tour). Gallon Drunk, Marion and Kristeen Young are all acquired tastes too. Tis what makes the world spin. Difference of opinion.
Gallon Drunk were by far one the best opening acts for M, and made sense for the Arsenal tour. Though probably not the best situation for GD, opening in large theaters to M fans that mostly didn’t care.

Marion weren’t that bad.

Young? Well, the least said about her, the better.

Back
Top Bottom