Special Guest at the gig 23/05/09 - Noise is the Best Revenge

Re: Special Guest at the gig tonight.
is that a hunch or insi
Tonight is the perfect night to start their reunion tour, even if for one song, even if it won't be for years. There wouldn't be any big money made tonight if Johnny does does shows up, only a gracious nod to Moz on his 50th birthday. Who wouldn't want that?

agreed. I wouldn't begrudge him for wanting to do something special for his birthday and to share it with his fans is something very Moz.

Just had word that Easy-E is going to be joining Morrissey, in a posthumous rendition of Eazy-Duz-It via big screen bit like Elton John and Tupac.

Just got back, you wont believe who the special guest was :eek:

Nobody!! Good gig though :)

Even though I admire Johnny Marr I have more affection for Boz. He seems a nicer, more loyal person and wouldn't deserve being shunted out of the way just so the audience could get a quick thrill. So I'm glad this didn't happen. The past needs to stay in the past.

Even though I admire Johnny Marr I have more affection for Boz. He seems a nicer, more loyal person and wouldn't deserve being shunted out of the way just so the audience could get a quick thrill. So I'm glad this didn't happen. The past needs to stay in the past.

I agree, well put:)

I never ever want to see Moz and Marr together.The past cannot be undone and reliving it is just pointless.

Been told that Johnny Marr will be playing at the gig tonight.

Hope its true. :thumb:

elvis is also alive and well and living in dagenham.i heared once that morrissey said that he would rather eat his own testicles than team up with his old mates from the smiths,and hes not going to do that on his 50th is he?we heared rumours in hull that he wasnt gonna turn up at hull gig and hes quitting after this tour,blah blah blah,this is the last song ill ever sing,ohhhh ive changed my mind again blah blah blah,by the way the hull gig was awesome,danny k from hull:thumb:

Noise Is The Best Revenge are absolutely terrible, I felt embarassed for them. There's being influenced by your uncle and trying to copy him outright...:crazy:

The lad cannot sing a note but seems to be consumed by arrogance- alas, with nothing to back it up.

I'd like to add a intellectual comment about the support band 'noise is the best revenge'

'ahem' 'clears throat'

They were bollocks.
I know he's your nephew moz but come on, give him a slap please.

The young attention seeking 'man' actually annoyed me he was that shit.

I will speak of this no more! (until someone else mentions how dire they were).

I saw them last year support The Courteeners at Manchester Academy (1st of two support acts) a few weeks after Morrissey met The Courteeners....

After the 3rd song, the plastic bottles were directed towards the stage....
The voice was not too clever (I'm being kind) and the Morrissey mannerisms very well acted....

I don't think I've seen anything advertised about them playing any other gigs on their own in Manchester, (maybe I should find their website!) they just seem to get these big support slots!

Jukebox Jury

I actually thought last year when I saw them 'aww he is only young and loves his uncle but he will progress on from imitating him'. Now that he is a year older I thought he would be a bit more mature and doing his own thing and want to be recognised for being an individual so people would not be saying he is getting these brilliant opportunities to perform because of his who his relative is.
Someone really needs to tell him to stop imiatating Morrissey at this stage.It just looks daft and the older he gets and the more frequently he does it the worse it will look.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.I saw the boy(singer) in a photograph with Morrissey's sister and he is clearly her son.If the guitarist was related to him why on earth would he allow his band mate to imitate his uncle in such an obvious way.

Back
Top Bottom