Strange/unexpected Moz references?

In an interview in the Quietus, Spoek Mathambo lists The Smiths as one of his favorite albums

"... I like Morrissey's sense of humour. I like the way he writes; he's so melodramatic, but very funny.

But also, as a young man, The Smiths and The Cure allow you to tap into another kind of masculinity, sometimes a real vulnerability that isn't hinged on "my baby left me." That's not really what he's talking about. It's really androgynous, very soft in a lot of ways. And it's also very cryptic, you know? It's taken me a long time to understand some of these songs. Even after these ten or so years, I have to read the lyrics, and it's like, "Oh, he wasn't saying that, he was saying that."

Beat Codes: Spoek Mathambo's Favourite Albums

BBC 6 Music is rather disorganised today, played Spent the Day in Bed twice within 30 minutes (15:40 and 16:05).

Cartoon in today's 'Private Eye'

zTTyyLf.jpg

NPR had a weird Muzak instrumental of suedehead playing the background on tuesday mornings broadcast

Hearing "Shame is the name" at ikea certainly was unexpected...

I bet it was Urbanus hacking the sound system of the IKEA :squiffy: LOL.
And he must have a big storage with all the missing screws and other stuff that are missing around the globe.
Now if I would hear it I would be choking on my Swedish meatballs, even when there was no meat in it at all but sawdust.
Now Urbie, hack the IKEA in China or am I asking too much?
Surely not? :cool:

BBC 6 Music Radcliff & Maconie's music news reported about "I Wish You Lonely" and pop up shops, then played the song.

One of the listeners commented that Morrissey sounded like Tony Hadley :(

BBC 6 Music Radcliff & Maconie's music news reported about "I Wish You Lonely" and pop up shops, then played the song.

One of the listeners commented that Morrissey sounded like Tony Hadley :(

Which says more about the ageing/ailing demographic of BBC 6Music than the actual timbre of Moz.
{No offence K. ;) }

Tonight's Only Connect (BBC 2 quiz show) had Back to the Old House in a part of question.

Last edited:
Hahaha, one of the anti-Morrissey DJs Robert Elms (but he's a good friend of Boz) had to play Piccadilly Palare because his regular contributor Johnny Homer was talking about the area this week's slot.

I rang the show few years ago when he did Randy Newman 4Fa (four fantastic tracks) and appeared on live.

I requested Simon Smith and the Amazing Dancing Bear secret honour to Morrissey.

Last edited:
I was browsing a supermarket this afternoon, in-store music suddenly started playing demo version of Pretty Girls Make Graves.
It was rather strange to hear the song in a supermarket.

Jake Walters pictured with friend.
The photographer: Morrissey.
1651347666411358089.jpg

20171120_155951.png

20171120_160233.png

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom