Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Morrissey on Shameless(T.V)

Just watched next weeks episode on E4 and there is a storyline in which the two doppey brothers start a Tour of the manchester music scene. They go down to the Lads club and Stop me is playing on the radio. Next he says The Smiths met here and always come down for inspiration....then a bike cycles past and he proclaims its morrissey. The Morrissey(one of the brothers) equipt with a quiff, then gets of his bike and starts swinging flowers around, whilst the people on the tour take photos, he then cycles off and then Shaun Ryder(the real one) walks round the corner. Very Very Funny:guitar:

Re: Morrissey on Shameless(T.V)

hasnt moz namedropped the series at one of roundhouse concerts last year? i kind of remember him saying something about it

'Please let me get...' on BBC1's Waterloo Road

Who was doing the version of the song that was just on at the end of this TV show tonight, anyone?

The voice was familiar, just can't pin it down (probably due to the dramatic ending of the show).

Thanks

Re: 'Please let me get...' on BBC1's Waterloo Road

I haven't seen it but was it Muse? I know they did a cover version of that.

It was an awful cover! It def wasn't Muse. It was a female (or two females) singing. Not that I watch Waterloo Road...;)

Take your pick!
From Wiki:

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" is a song originally performed, written and released by British group The Smiths, featured on the compilation albums Louder than Bombs and Hatful of Hollow. It has been covered by several artists, including The Decemberists, Halo Benders, The Dream Academy, OK Go, Deftones, Elefant (band), Emilie Autumn, Amanda Palmer, Hootie & the Blowfish, Muse, Kaia Wilson and Kate Walsh.

This seems a strange place for my query to get moved to but...whatever, I wasn't sure if it was in the right place.

Anyway, no, Jose, I don't think it's any of those you list - thanks anyway.

Like Sharon Needles says, it was a female (single I think, not two). She sounded a lot like (and this is gonna make me sound a saddo to some) one of the finalists from The X-Factor this year. Think the girl was called Diana - a young (17?) white blonde who was herself a little reminiscent of the style of Dolores from Cranberries and that kind, but not as strong.

I'm not saying it was great or anything like that - just interested and of course it's always good to hear the song again.

This seems a strange place for my query to get moved to but...whatever, I wasn't sure if it was in the right place.

Anyway, no, Jose, I don't think it's any of those you list - thanks anyway.

Like Sharon Needles says, it was a female (single I think, not two). She sounded a lot like (and this is gonna make me sound a saddo to some) one of the finalists from The X-Factor this year. Think the girl was called Diana - a young (17?) white blonde who was herself a little reminiscent of the style of Dolores from Cranberries and that kind, but not as strong.

I'm not saying it was great or anything like that - just interested and of course it's always good to hear the song again.

Her name is Kate Walsh, No, i've never heard of her either, but more info' here... http://www.katewalsh.co.uk/

We were watching The Weakest Link tonight at work and there was a question, which I can't remember the exact wording of, but which Smiths guitarist blah blah Salford University. Johnny who? :)

I got it right :D

Re: \next weeks Shameless

it was a surprise to see a extract of the wrestling with russell interview in russell's concert program. he also played 7 smiths songs before he went on. made my night.

The songs were the best part of the show. Russell is not capable of 75 mins of stand up... me, me, me, my dick, me, me, me, deep throat, me, my dick, blah. Boo. Ponderland is FUNNY, that show I found boring after the first 20 mins.

Re: \next weeks Shameless

The songs were the best part of the show. Russell is not capable of 75 mins of stand up... me, me, me, my dick, me, me, me, deep throat, me, my dick, blah. Boo. Ponderland is FUNNY, that show I found boring after the first 20 mins.

he's a wanker:mad:

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom