Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Maria Sharapova's coach's name is Mike Joyce. She lost today.

dont know if its been said before, but i watched "An englishman in new york" the other day, and as John Hurt entered a gay club, How Soon is now was being blasted out

I was half-watching School For Seduction last night and in it a teenager was having a row with her mother. She was ignoring the mother and picked up a CD and staring at the cover. When her mother grabbed it off her it was Morrissey, Kill Uncle I think. No dialogue surrounding it though.

I was reading a novel 'The Spa Decameron' by Fay Weldon recently - one of the characters has a boyfriend called Morrissey - some of the dialogue is "No, my boyfriend's Morrissey" - "Morrissey the pop singer? Hard to believe but anythings possible..." - "No just his mother was a Morrissey fan" - "She was engaged to Morrissey. They'd taken the chastity pledge for purity..."

It was quite unexpected & gave me cause to chuckle:lbf:

My 14 year old daughter has just had a row with her younger brother, and came out with "...because you're evil...and you lie!..."
:eek: :)

Then she told me off! "Stop doing what Grandma does - making up songs about everything that happens!" :(

My 14 year old daughter has just had a row with her younger brother, and came out with "...because you're evil...and you lie!..."
:eek: :)

Then she told me off! "Stop doing what Grandma does - making up songs about everything that happens!" :(

Ohhh...

What did you do?

I went to visit my Aunt earlier today, who now lives in a Care Home due to her health. I was sat in the lounge with the other residents, some with dementia. One old lady sits up and says "Morrissey" then sinks back in her chair. He's everywhere!

I went to visit my Aunt earlier today, who now lives in a Care Home due to her health. I was sat in the lounge with the other residents, some with dementia. One old lady sits up and says "Morrissey" then sinks back in her chair. He's everywhere!
How is Sandie Shaw these days? ;)

Was at my mates playing the PS3 quiz game buzz, i got the question, "which band were asking what difference does it make in the 80's, it was a nice suprise

I never know what really counts as worthy to post to this thread. :confused:
But here goes:
prof_ph.jpg

the goddess Hikki has been doing a little mini tour of the USA :love:
and right before she came on they were playing the Smiths, twice! :eek:
Now I hear that The Smiths were also heard before she took the stage in Honolulu, Seattle & L.A.
So I just wrote my first fan letter ever to her, I said:

I noticed that right before you took the stage at the Fillmore, that they were playing a second Smiths song. So well, I am telling everyone I know that you really like the Smiths. I hope that is OK, all my friends are really big Smiths fans. Well, I have never written one of these before so I feel weird now. Anyways, the show was one of the most awesome I have ever been to, thank for coming to sing here in San Francisco.

I'll let you all know if she responds. :D

on saturday, Richard Madley ( married his mother)!! was on radio 2, sitting in for zoe ball and he played ' please please please let me get what i want '!!!! xx

on saturday, Richard Madley ( married his mother)!! was on radio 2, sitting in for zoe ball and he played ' please please please let me get what i want '!!!! xx

Didn't Richard call Morrissey a pretentious prat or something similar? The "married his own mother" line is still one of my favourites.

That said, Richard is also one of my favourites:
[youtube]0MB0JhRfr48&feature=related[/youtube]

This is a long shot...but

in the first episode of shameless tonight, millie smalls my boy lollypop was used, filming would have been taking place at the time of mozs 50th birthday which many of the shameless cast attended, could this have been a nod to morrisseys use if the song as one of his gig videos???

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom