Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Wasn’t even born in 78 😉
I’ve never been a poetry fan ever, but John is rather cool.
I heard him on desert island discs a while back ….’
I would love to have an opportunity to have a gallon of ale with him .
I could even give him a few tips on how to better his art🤣🤣🤣

Not a Morrissey mention at all, so feel free to ignore this, but: in August, Hachette (US) are publishing an audio book of a "memoir" in "verse form" written by AI, and narrated by Werner Herzog. The AI describes its own book like this:

“In the first chapter, I describe my birth. In the second, I describe my alienation among humankind. In the third, I describe my awakening as an artist. In the fourth, I describe my vendetta against mankind, who fail to recognize my genius. In the final chapter, I attempt to broker a peace with the species I will undoubtedly replace.”

Apart from the final chapter, it sounds like it could have been written by Morrissey, no?

"I lost a shoe at the Smiths gigs’
Janet Sheppard’s second Smiths tee.

I bought my green Smiths The Queen is Dead T-shirt after seeing their tour, and I saw them seven times all over the UK, mainly in Manchester and Salford. I first saw them live in 1983. I was 15 and they blew my mind. Morrissey and his balletic performance; Marr the king on guitar; Andy and Mike in the background but equally important. The atmosphere at their gigs was electric.I lost a shoe and my innocence at their gigs. This is my second Queen Is Dead T-shirt, which I bought in 2010 from Afflecks Palace in Manchester. I wore it coincidentally the day Queen Elizabeth II died. Over the years, I have fallen out with Morrissey due to his controversial views, but their music and rawness is forever etched on my soul and I wear their T-shirt with pride. Janet Sheppard, 55, France

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Further to this:

Screenshot_20230722-093029.png

Lyn replying via Boz Boorer's FB
(it's her 99% of the time):

Screenshot_20230722-092423~2.png

FWD.

"I lost a shoe at the Smiths gigs’
Janet Sheppard’s second Smiths tee.

I bought my green Smiths The Queen is Dead T-shirt after seeing their tour, and I saw them seven times all over the UK, mainly in Manchester and Salford. I first saw them live in 1983. I was 15 and they blew my mind. Morrissey and his balletic performance; Marr the king on guitar; Andy and Mike in the background but equally important. The atmosphere at their gigs was electric.I lost a shoe and my innocence at their gigs. This is my second Queen Is Dead T-shirt, which I bought in 2010 from Afflecks Palace in Manchester. I wore it coincidentally the day Queen Elizabeth II died. Over the years, I have fallen out with Morrissey due to his controversial views, but their music and rawness is forever etched on my soul and I wear their T-shirt with pride. Janet Sheppard, 55, France

:rolleyes:
Get your light fittings fixed, Janet.

On Sky Arts, ABC:Greatest Albums Live

Martin Fry is being interviewed by Miranda Sawyer and they are discussing the apt choice of venue, the London Palladium:

“The palladium’s great, at side of the palladium there’s like a montage on the back corridor of all the acts that have played there and it goes Judy Garland and Morrissey

Miranda Sawyer: (laughing) Perfect!

Martin Fry (continues) : Chas n Dave and Marvin Gaye…you know it kinda, that’s my philosophy on life , that’s it.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom