Strasbourg in January - anyone going there?

Just asking again....

I'll PM you my mobile # and expected hotel. I plan to arrive in Strasbourg late in the evening of the 17th. I would love to meet a fellow frinkster.

But I am not going to mention frink to Moz anymore. I've paid my dues! :p

i will arrive in the early afternoon on friday, but my (hopefully soon-to-be)-boyfriend will arrive late.
so if there is a designated 'frink'-waiting-area - please, please let me know

i will arrive in the early afternoon on friday, but my (hopefully soon-to-be)-boyfriend will arrive late.
so if there is a designated 'frink'-waiting-area - please, please let me know

PM me your mobile and I'll send you mine. ;) Good luck with the guy! :D

i'll be there and i'll be in lille and clermont. i'll arrive by plan from italy, i have no car and one more ticket for each date, can you help me?

i'll be there and i'll be in lille and clermont. i'll arrive by plan from italy, i have no car and one more ticket for each date, can you help me?

I'm glad to help if I can. What's your question?

I've just found this on the site of the venue:

"THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT THE MORRISSEY CONCERT :

NO CANS OR BOTTLES (PLASTIC OR GLASS)
NO CHAINS/SHARP SPIKES
NO VIDEO /AUDIO RECORDING EQUIPMENT
NO CAMERAS
NO FIRE WORKS
NO WEAPONS
NO BACKPACKS
NO WALLET CHAINS
NO BLANKETS
NO WAISTPACKS
NO LASER PENS/GLOW STICKS
NO SIGNS"

i' ll arrive by plan in Lyon. How do I get to Clermont? and then to Strasbourg and Lille?

Oops. That I don't know. I thought you were referring to Strasbourg. I know Strasbourg quite well but I'm not familiar with the other two cities. Sorry. :o

I'm glad to help if I can. What's your question?

maybe i could also throw in another question?
do you know how far the main station (or even better the mercure hotel gare central) is from the laiterie?
i'm sure i will find the venue without problems since i've been there quite a few times.
will i need to take a bus or a taxi to get to/from venue/hotel or is it just a walk away??

do you know how far the main station (or even better the mercure hotel gare central) is from the laiterie?
i'm sure i will find the venue without problems since i've been there quite a few times.
will i need to take a bus or a taxi to get to/from venue/hotel or is it just a walk away??

I will be in Strasbourg all week, so I'll find out and let you all know. We could also share a cab or two, if we team up like 2-3 persons per cab it's gonna cost us 5-10 euros per person, I think. The Mercure Gare Central is right in front of the train station, you just can't miss it. :)

The laiterie is about a 5 minutes walk from the station and about a 10 minute walk from the centre of town (cathedral).
There is a tram line that goes from the centre of town to the Laiterie (Tram stop - Laiterie) and will get you from the centre of town in about 2 minutes.
If you are here for the day you can get tram tickets that are valid for 24 hours, but Stras is so small you can just about do it all on foot.

I will be in Strasbourg all week, so I'll find out and let you all know. We could also share a cab or two, if we team up like 2-3 persons per cab it's gonna cost us 5-10 euros per person, I think. The Mercure Gare Central is right in front of the train station, you just can't miss it. :)

very kind of you!
so i guess i will book the hotel instead of driving the 2 hours home after the gig...
any ideas of what to do after the concert? any interesting clubs? or a so-low-after-show-party??

The laiterie is about a 5 minutes walk from the station and about a 10 minute walk from the centre of town (cathedral).
There is a tram line that goes from the centre of town to the Laiterie (Tram stop - Laiterie) and will get you from the centre of town in about 2 minutes.
If you are here for the day you can get tram tickets that are valid for 24 hours, but Stras is so small you can just about do it all on foot.

hey - a local :)
thanks for the information!
5 minute walk sounds great...

maybe you could tell us a bit more what to do in strasbourg?

It's tramline B which passes through the centre. You can get on at Homme de Fer for example, which is a traditional meeting point for youngsters, and the Laiterie is the 4th stop from there.

I'm not sure if I go to an afterparty though, because my plane will leave at 7 AM the next morning... :(

hey - a local :)
thanks for the information!
5 minute walk sounds great...

maybe you could tell us a bit more what to do in strasbourg?

What to do in Strasbourg .............hmmmm

Modern Art Museum - close to the laiterie
Boat Trip tour of the city from Palais Rohan (not very rock and roll but quite interesting)
Cathedral

For bars/restaurants you could try:

Academie de la bière (bar/restaurant) - rue aldophe seybroth (quite near the Laiterie)
les brasseurs (bar/restaurant) - rue des frères (other side of town but brews it's own beer and does food all day)
Exils (bar) rue de l'ail
Broc en Stoc - (restaurant) Tin Tin themed restaurant on quai des bateliers.

The french forum has organised an "aftershow" for Lille and Paris but nothing for strasbourg so far. We are going to Lille the following day by car so it will be an early night for us.

What to do in Strasbourg .............hmmmm

Modern Art Museum - close to the laiterie
Boat Trip tour of the city from Palais Rohan (not very rock and roll but quite interesting)
Cathedral

Yes, the Cathedral is a must. You can also take a lovely walk in Petite France. And let's not forget that it's time for the winter sales! :D
As for the Boat Trip, it's very nice, so I think it's worth a try. Strasbourg is stunnigly beautiful, and the boat takes you to the European quarters too, which is rather interesting. :)

thanks fpr your tipps!

i've already been to the cathedral, very very nice
i also liked strasbourg a lot... but maybe i will just wait in queue, hoping to meet some fellow so-lows to create a 'get-us-solo-users-to-the-front' - conspiracy :)

Back
Top Bottom