Swords of Refusal tour 2009

I think it all depends on how complete or incomplete this collection will be. Considering that nine Quarry b-sides have already been released on the deluxe edition, that would leave the following tracks for Swords:

01 No One Can Hold A Candle To You
01 The Slum Mums
03 The Public Image
04 Good Looking Man About Town
05 Human Being
06 I Knew I Nas Next
07 If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
08 Ganglord
09 A Song From Under The Floorboards
10 Christian Dior
11 Sweetie Pie
12 Children In Pieces
13 My Dearest Love
14 Shame Is The Name
15 Because Of My Poor Education

The remaining three could be studio (not session) versions of:

Noise Is The Best Revenge
I'm Playing Easy To Get
Home Is A Question Mark

Wishful thinking, I know ... but that would be my preferred tracklist. The inclusion of the alternate Sweety Pie would also be nice ... :)

I just hope that there won't be any live tracks on that compilation.

*developing a headache*
:confused:

so, apparently on October Moz will release "Swords". at the same time he will start a new Uk leg of the Tour. we can assume the compilation will have one or two brand new tracks. i'm waiting for the RAH gig thinking (hoping) a [bit]different setlist.
here it comes

New songs on a B sides album?

It's a compilation of B sides so it will be comprised of B sides. Yes it'd be great if he added them to the set list but just because this B sides album will be out while he's touring suggests nothing really otherwise he would have added a few Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted tracks to the current set list to help promote the reissues. Trouble loves me, Alma Matters, Boy Racer and Reader meet Author would've been so great to hear but alas they were kept in the vault :(

i'd like to see 'playing easy to get' get it's due, as it's probably one of my top 10 favourite morrissey-songs of this decade. but it's not a b-side, so i guess not.

I think it all depends on how complete or incomplete this collection will be. Considering that nine Quarry b-sides have already been released on the deluxe edition, that would leave the following tracks for Swords:

01 No One Can Hold A Candle To You
01 The Slum Mums
03 The Public Image
04 Good Looking Man About Town
05 Human Being
06 I Knew I Nas Next
07 If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
08 Ganglord
09 A Song From Under The Floorboards
10 Christian Dior
11 Sweetie Pie
12 Children In Pieces
13 My Dearest Love
14 Shame Is The Name
15 Because Of My Poor Education

I'm Playing Easy To Get
Home Is A Question Mark

Wishful thinking, I know ... but that would be my preferred tracklist. The inclusion of the alternate Sweety Pie would also be nice ... :)

the deluxe quarry album doesn't really count. it wasn't a stand-alone b-sides album. he'll definitely be including some of the songs that were on it; they were some of the best songs he's done in recent years. if he just went with the ones from the above list it would be an extremely patchy and unpleasing album. throw in the Quarry b-sides and you've got a potentially top notch release...

Last edited:

I'm Playing Easy To Get
Home Is A Question Mark

i think your right with at least two of these added on

'Christian Dior' single release NOW !
(or around early October time to, y'know, promote the album and stuff)
please...

'Christian Dior' single release NOW !
(or around early October time to, y'know, promote the album and stuff)
please...

I think it's a little too late for that now :p

I'd just like to know if there'd be another single from YoR. I personally hope so :blushing:

Back
Top Bottom