Taz: Courtney Taylor-Taylor (Dandy Warhols) on Morrissey (March 24, 2024)

[originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread]

I file this under "unexpected", as positive mentions seem so rare these days:

Courtney Taylor-Taylor of the Dandy Warhols had this to say when asked for his opinion on Moz:

"Wow, that is a complicated question for how few words are in it. As a lyricist, he is one of the greatest ever. As an icon he is one of the greatest ever. As a person he is up there with Glenn Danzig as far as having a huge target for people to take potshots at but at the end of the day, the world is a way cooler place for having Morrissey."

German newspaper Taz / Dandy Warhols

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s most definitely right about it all. We bitch and we moan about whatever, but at the end of the day his talent and work will have the last laugh. His talent and his work are indisputable.

he has always had a taget on his back simply because people hate other people who are different and awkward.
they cant even hold the kevin spacey against him because he has been found not guilty in the usa and the uk and he has started making films again,he might never be as good as he was but he will still have a career,looks like even shirley manson has forgiven M for defending him.

Last edited:
To be fair, Danzig recently released an album entirely of Elvis covers!

Danzig's version of The Girl of My Best Friend is terrific. The music is so-so, but his voice still sounds great at his age. I always thought it would be cool of Danzig to do an Elvis tribute CD.
In 93, the Mother (live) video on MTV was breathtaking and those were the days when, you would be impressed by a "real" evil aura of some american artists.

Always liked the Dandy Warhols.

"You Were the Last High" and "We Used to be Friends" are great songs.
Along with The Magic Numbers and The Dears, the Dandy Warhols supported Morrissey for his Marley Park 2006 concert. I was there, 22 August. There was a festive atmosphere. I remember Morrissey commented the support acts were chosen by others, in particular one that wouldn't necessarily chime with his style. Not the DWs.

Absolutely great! AND he namedropped Danzig!

Having three Danzig tattoos myself, I must have some strange affiliation to artists who have that… erm, temperament.

To be fair, Danzig recently released an album entirely of Elvis covers!

Danzig's version of The Girl of My Best Friend is terrific. The music is so-so, but his voice still sounds great at his age. I always thought it would be cool of Danzig to do an Elvis tribute CD.
Agree on this. He made some interesting song choices for that album, TGOMBF being one of them. I’ve fantasized about Morrissey doing that song for decades now.

Back
Top Bottom