Morrissey Central "Texas massacre" (May 27, 2022)

I’m not saying they shouldn’t, In my post I said they should enforce gun laws. But more importantly, what they should also address is why it happens at all, what creates and causes an individual to carry out these actions and how that can be corrected.
That is a problem for America to sort out. An obsession with guns and fame, for decades. This will keep happening. The “I’m allowed to own a gun and I’ll do what I want with it” mentality will persist for years. Hundreds of children are going to die. You/they made your/their bed, lie in it.

Making it harder to own a gun might not save 200 lives, but it might save 4. Therefore, it’s worth it.

Let's be honest - it's mostly a US problem. The simple fact is this doesn't happen to a fraction of the extent in other countries.
It's knife crime in London. Which is terrible but would be more deaths if the psycho evil criminals/young gang members could walk in and order a semi-automatic and receive it less than a week later, like the Texas tosspot did. They need to radically overhaul the gun laws in the US. Give them single shot muskets instead of AR15 semi-automatics.

That is a problem for America to sort out. An obsession with guns and fame, for decades. This will keep happening. The “I’m allowed to own a gun and I’ll do what I want with it” mentality will persist for years. Hundreds of children are going to die. You/they made your/their bed, lie in it.

Yes and along with enforcing gun laws, the ‘I’m allowed to own a gun and I’ll do what I want with it” mentality’ has to be corrected too.

I mean, a healthy person that owns a gun wouldn’t have that kind of mindset. Then again, a healthy person would also not feel the need to own a gun, unless of course they unfortunately lived in a place where owning a gun would make them feel more secure, or they were in a position of law enforcement or military and didn’t have a choice, that’s not to say that people in those positions haven’t misused their position of power to harm others, and this misuse of power is an illness also.

Making it harder to own a gun might not save 200 lives, but it might save 4. Therefore, it’s worth it.

Yes, of course, that goes without saying. But wouldn’t it be better to live in a society that didn’t create or would at least notice and help individuals from the very beginning before they even had the chance to develop into the type that would harm themselves or others?

It's knife crime in London. Which is terrible but would be more deaths if the psycho evil criminals/young gang members could walk in and order a semi-automatic and receive it less than a week later, like the Texas tosspot did. They need to radically overhaul the gun laws in the US. Give them single shot muskets instead of AR15 semi-automatics.

Yes, I agree. But violence is violence, regardless of number. One death is too much and should be enough to change gun laws, but why hasn’t it?
From our dinner plates to nuclear weapons, it all needs to be eradicated.

‘… maybe in the next world

That's not the exact quote - that's what the Mirror printed.

He said:

“Despite the love, we do live on a murderous planet, as you will have seen over the last few days in Norway, murder, murder, murder. Really every single day worse things happen in Kentucky Fried Chicken & McDonald’s, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder.”

& followed it up with:

“The comment I made on stage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even question them. If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals ‘are not us.” (True To You, July 2011)

By worse he might higher numbers - not that it's worse to kill animals.
My quote was from both Rolling Stone and The Guardian:

Last edited:
Yes and along with enforcing gun laws, the ‘I’m allowed to own a gun and I’ll do what I want with it” mentality’ has to be corrected too.

I mean, a healthy person that owns a gun wouldn’t have that kind of mindset. Then again, a healthy person would also not feel the need to own a gun, unless of course they unfortunately lived in a place where owning a gun would make them feel more secure, or they were in a position of law enforcement or military and didn’t have a choice, that’s not to say that people in those positions haven’t misused their position of power to harm others, and this misuse of power is an illness also.

Yes, of course, that goes without saying. But wouldn’t it be better to live in a society that didn’t create or would at least notice and help individuals from the very beginning before they even had the chance to develop into the type that would harm themselves or others?
Every society has mentally ill people.
The one that has a problem with guns is the same one that has problems with mass-shootings.
You keep saying but, but, but. But nothing.

A mentally ill person could buy a knife and kill 20-something kids and a few teachers. But they don’t.
Guns and the ease of access to them are obviously the issue.
We see quite a few spree knife attacks in Japan. But at least with a knife you have a better chance of limiting the carnage.

I see Trump is talking about turning schools into fortresses. You could do that, and discourage these mass killings, but people will just end up switching to softer targets, like cinemas, shopping centers, churches etc.

My quote was from both Rolling Stone and The Guardian:

It was the Mirror that broke the story - every other article was taken from the Mirror.

Which is why they all misquoted it.

The footage has since been on YouTube.

It was the Mirror that broke the story - every other article was taken from the Mirror.

Which is why they all misquoted it.

The footage has since been on YouTube.
Two posts above :handpointup:

Every society has mentally ill people.
The one that has a problem with guns is the same one that has problems with mass-shootings.
You keep saying but, but, but. But nothing.

I agree with you, so I don’t know what your problem is.

I think "Suffer Little Children" would work just as well.
No.... SLC is indelibly linked to a notorious tragedy from a different time and place.

This shite is not really easy to protect from Westernized critiques. However, Shankley’s legacy is holding its own. Frankly.

It's common knowledge that adolescence is a dangerous period of time in a person's life. Immaturity and instability in every sense is what we can observe when we look close enough.

So, how can a 17-year-old, just turned 18, is allowed to purchase not one, but two assault rifles and powerful ammunition? There's something really wrong with that. It boggles my mind.

I don't know how I feel about Morrissey's post.

I don't think guns are the problem, plenty of law abiding citizens own guns. I think there is a mental health problem in this country that is not being addressed and I think these boys/men come from troubled backgrounds. I think a number of them have been on medication for ADHD, which is basically handed out like candy.
There is a waiting period in some states.
There are background checks for all guns.
These do not apply to private purchases.
There is no such thing as an 'assault rifle', the "AR" in AR-15 stands for "ArmaLite Rifle", not assault rifle - it's not much different than a hunting rifle.
Automatic weapons are not legal for civilian use here, automatic rifles were banned almost 100 years ago.
Trump banned bump stocks.
You don't need a reason to buy a gun, it's a right, and was clarified and re-stated in Heller.

Last edited:
He is a radical anti-speciesist. It only reflects badly with people who believe in speciesism.
Morrissey is racist and sectarian. Those who believe in decency find they can no longer support him. Reflect on that.

Back
Top Bottom