The 8 studio albums rated

Having just joined this forum yesterday (hi, by the way) & perusing the threads, i see that the originator of this topic, SpookyMulder, appears to have been banned from this forum.

Therefore, allow me to take it upon myself to resurrect his scoring system, as it seems to good a topic to let die.

Therefore:-

Vauxhall - 465
Your Arsenal - 404
Viva Hate - 390
You Are The Quarry - 320
Southpaw Grammar - 262
Ringleader Of The Tormentors - 250
Kill Uncle - 183
Maladjusted - 158

Thank you ladies & Gentlemen - i will keep this updated to the best of my ability.

Having just joined this forum yesterday (hi, by the way) & perusing the threads, i see that the originator of this topic, SpookyMulder, appears to have been banned from this forum.

Therefore, allow me to take it upon myself to resurrect his scoring system, as it seems to good a topic to let die.

Therefore:-

Vauxhall - 465
Your Arsenal - 404
Viva Hate - 390
You Are The Quarry - 320
Southpaw Grammar - 262
Ringleader Of The Tormentors - 250
Kill Uncle - 183
Maladjusted - 158

Thank you ladies & Gentlemen - i will keep this updated to the best of my ability.

why was Spooky banned?

Your Arsenal
Ringleader Of The Tormentors
You Are The Quarry
Vauxhall
Southpaw Grammar
Maladjusted
Viva Hate
Kill Uncle

So hard a task... ;)

1) Your Arsenal
2) Vauxhall And I
3) Viva Hate
4) Southpaw Grammar
5) Ringleader of the Tormentors
6) Kill Uncle
7) Maladjusted
8) You Are The Quarry

Last edited:
1. Vauxhall and I
2. You are the Quarry
3. Viva Hate
4. Your Arsenal
5. Ringleader of the Tormentors
6. Maladjusted
7. Southpaw Grammar
8. Kill Uncle

1. Viva Hate
2. You Are The Quarry
3. Vauxhall & I
4. Your Arsenal
5. MaladjustedV
7. Kill Uncle
8. Southpaw Grammer

I actually like Viva Hate way, way, WAY better than any of the other albums but it doesn't seem anyone agrees with me...:confused:

I do:D

1. Viva Hate
2. Vauxhall & I
3. You Are the Quarry
4. Your Arsenal
5. ROTT
6. Maladjusted
7. Kill Uncle
8. Southpaw Grammar

1. Vauxhall & I
2. You are the quarry
3. Viva Hate
4. Your arsenal
5. Southpaw grammar
6. Rott
7. Maladjusted
8. Kill uncle

1. YOUR ARSENAL. It's his only solo album that I think is close to perfect. Glamorous Glue, Seasick Yet Still Docked, We'll Let You Know and You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side are among his finest ever songs.

2. VIVA HATE. I love this album. It's musically very warm even though it's lyrically barbed and angry. Let's face it, Late Night Maudlin Street is a masterpiece.

3. RINGLEADER OF THE TORMENTORS. Finally, he's (nearly) back on form. Apart from a couple of misses, this is a classic. It ends on such a high, very un-Moz.

4. VAUXHALL AND I . Here's where the problems start in my Top 8. By far his most overrated work. Awful production and a couple of genuine stinkers (Lifeguard Sleeping Girl Drowning, Hold On To Your Friends) battle against some gems (Now My Heart Is Full, Billy Budd). Really don't know why people love this album so much.

5. MALADJUSTED. Not great but not 100% awful. Morrissey just doesn't seem on form at all with this being by far his laziest collection of lyrics. Alma Matters is fun and Trouble Loves Me is very nearly beautiful.

6. SOUTHPAW GRAMMAR . Pretty woeful all round. Starts bad and gets worse. As for Dagenham Dave? Less said the better. Boy Racer and (once it finally gets started) The Operation are both pretty good.

7. KILL UNCLE. Good Lord, what was he thinking. The production sounds like a dripping tap and the songs were written by a prick from a folk band. Driving Your Girlfriend Home, Last Of The Family Line and Found Found Found are all I can get from this dud of an album.

8. YOU ARE THE QUARRY. For f***'s sake.

2. VIVA HATE. Let's face it, Late Night Maudlin Street is a masterpiece.

Seconded. I've been listening to the album today, and Late Night Maudlin Street was played several times in a row. ;) That song gives me the goosebumps every time I hear it.... :o

Seconded. I've been listening to the album today, and Late Night Maudlin Street was played several times in a row. ;) That song gives me the goosebumps every time I hear it.... :o

Masterpiece for sure! It sounds like a personal autobiographical journey. It rivals the Queen Is Dead.

1. Viva Hate
0.5. Kill Uncle
1. Your Arsenal
1. Vauxhall & I
1. Southpaw Grammar
1. Maladjusted
1. You Are The Quarry
-5. Ringleader Of The Tormentors

4. VAUXHALL AND I . Really don't know why people love this album so much..

8. YOU ARE THE QUARRY. For f***'s sake.

Is your sound on?

I totally agree with you.

Kewpie, I didn't know you didn't like YATQ. I'm afraid I can't back you on this one ;) See, I dont kiss your ass! :rolleyes:

Thirded, hearing Quarry first nearly turned me off from Morrissey altogether.

You heard Quarry first then went to his other discs? Well, something must have made you want to hear more...

I've been listening to Viva Hate a lot lately too. It's like a trusted friend-I'm guaranteed to find solace in it. It's a cure for whatever is ailing me.

I don't kiss your ass, someone once (jokingly) implied that I did (as I 'backed' you up on your job of linking threads)

It doesn't matter that some people disagree with what I do in here.

Besides I feel really silly posting a banned member's thread. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom