The history of the relationship between Morrissey and 'Morrissey-Solo'

What is difficult to understand Comtesse is why so much time is spent talking about David T....It's Madness, the site has totally lost direction. The site is supposed to be a tribute to Morrissey not this David T bloke.

But it IS about Morrissey - don't you see that? As much as I like David Tseng - having met him many times and been the recipient of his kindness in the past - my anger is directed at Morrissey's hypocrisy. This man has spent his entire career engaging in character assassinations and urging his fans to declare "all the things that you love and all the things that you loathe". For him to throw a public hissy fit over his own fans exercising their right to discuss all the things that we love and loathe about him is just pathetic! He's trying to shut down our own right to free expression. That's abhorrent - and it deserves a backlash. That's what this is about. David just happens to run the site Morrissey is trying to stifle, that's all. He has become a symbol of something much bigger than this site.

But it IS about Morrissey - don't you see that? As much as I like David Tseng - having met him many times and been the recipient of his kindness in the past - my anger is directed at Morrissey's hypocrisy. This man has spent his entire career engaging in character assassinations and urging his fans to declare "all the things that you love and all the things that you loathe". For him to throw a public hissy fit over his own fans exercising their right to discuss all the things that we love and loathe about him is just pathetic!
OMG you are so stupid i cant read your posts,are you retarded or what?You misunderstand Morrissey completely,it just amazes me that moron like you runs site about Morrissey when you obvioulsy dont have a clue.

OMG you are so stupid i cant read your posts,are you retarded or what?You misunderstand Morrissey completely,it just amazes me that moron like you runs site about Morrissey when you obvioulsy dont have a clue.

Hmmmm... seems you don't have a clue about grammar. I could try to explain it to you, but, here, let me just fix it for you:

"OMG! You are so stupid. I can't read your posts. Are you retarded or what? You misunderstand Morrissey completely. It just amazes me that a moron like you runs a site about Morrissey when you obviously don't have a clue."

Now that I've educated YOU on proper sentence construction, please educate me about Morrissey. I can't wait to learn all about the man I have so grievously misunderstood.

Hmmmm... seems you don't have a clue about grammar. I could try to explain it to you, but, here, let me just fix it for you:

"OMG! You are so stupid. I can't read your posts. Are you retarded or what? You misunderstand Morrissey completely. It just amazes me that a moron like you runs a site about Morrissey when you obviously don't have a clue."

Now that I've educated YOU on proper sentence construction, please educate me about Morrissey. I can't wait to learn all about the man I have so grievously misunderstood.

Don't waste your time, Comtesse.

Says a brainless clown who knows nothing about the Smiths or any of Morrissey's history beyond 'the comeback'.

you can't be educated about Morrissey you either get it or you don't
it seems you don't get it anymore
don't feel bad maybe you got in too deep and now you can't see the wood for the trees
He just sings songs with touching and funny words remember
he gives an alternative view on the world
and he doesn't compromise
he hasn't changed - you have changed
give it a rest would ya

This website got too big for its boots along time ago and now it is becoming absurd - an anti-fan site where people who hate Morrissey go to stir the pot and cook up falsehoods all day long - latching with glee onto half baked cut and paste slurs and trumpted up barmy notions like women over a washing line - we're not all like that you know

Morrissey's world has always been full of jealous super fans trying to get close to him - davidt is the new Jonny Rogan a devotee gone bad another fallen angel determind to be in Morrissey mind landscape for better or worse

This website got too big for its boots along time ago and now it is becoming absurd - an anti-fan site where people who hate Morrissey go to stir the pot and cook up falsehoods all day long - latching with glee onto half baked cut and paste slurs and trumpted up barmy notions like women over a washing line - we're not all like that you know

Morrissey's world has always been full of jealous super fans trying to get close to him - davidt is the new Jonny Rogan a devotee gone bad another fallen angel determind to be in Morrissey mind landscape for better or worse

Couldn't have put it better myself smiler. It was time the tale were told and you told it.

Oh please stop using such pseudo-dialectics here you are pathetic.I would like to see you writing in Polish.:lbf:The truth is that you are a pretentious moron.

yes, he was just banned after it was discovered by IP address matching that he was a previously banned member who harassed members in chat and on the site.

It's not a big surprise when a new user that attacks the site/admins is a disgruntled previously banned user.

So david am i right to think you don't have a problem in principle with people getting "banned"?

and do you decide ultimately who gets banned and why?

I am guessing why Morrissey is mad, I don't really know. Sorry if it sounds like I knew for sure, that was certainly not the case. I've maintained that I don't know - he never gave reasons or specific incidents. Those things were history, over 5 years ago. I have hardly changed anything on the site in the last 5 years and then the sudden hostility the last month or two. I'm not creating this drama, it's all coming from elsewhere.

Also, I did not 'publish' any private email. Some anonymous person did. I actually took it down when the lawyer representing Morrissey claimed copyright on it.

why/how did you take it down if you didn't publish it?

i think the hostitly recently is probably due to the "April Fools joke" where you mockingly pretended to change the policy of the site towards one that was more supportive of morrissey - like "supportive" is a dirty word?

The constant trolling of the band and of Julia and of Morrissey himself - they are all people you know - with feelings

The rash of unmoderated unmerged twisted and negative threads about the new songs and about the subspecies quote

thats just off the top of my head

his own fans exercising their right to discuss all the things that we love and loathe about him

our own right to free expression

Why is it so hard for people here to discuss those things politely and express themselves freely in a rescpectful manner? Do insults and discrimination fall under the right of free speech?

So david am i right to think you don't have a problem in principle with people getting "banned"?

and do you decide ultimately who gets banned and why?

Yes, there are rules in the TOS (see 'Member Conduct'). It's not an exact science, but if a user violates these rules they may be banned. It's documented in the moderator's forums what rules they have violated. No, I do not have a problem banning people who are intent on causing problems or harassing other users. Luckily most people do not fall into this category.

No, I do not have a problem banning people who are intent on causing problems or harassing other users. Luckily most people do not fall into this category.

There are lots of people here, whose only purpose seems to be fighting and harassing each other ... did you take a look at some of the threads lately? It seems more like a guerrilla forum than a Morrissey forum!

i think the hostitly recently is probably due to the "April Fools joke" where you mockingly pretended to change the policy of the site towards one that was more supportive of morrissey - like "supportive" is a dirty word?

Good point, Smiler. I'd forgotten about the April Fools 'joke'. It did leave a very bad taste in my mouth, in fact I initially thought it was a genuine story about changing the name of the site, such is my gullibility. That would've pissed Morrissey off phenomenally if he'd seen it. "Hey, Moz, we're gonna be really nice and positive towards you from now on. Hehe - fooled ya!"

Yes, there are rules in the TOS (see 'Member Conduct'). It's not an exact science, but if a user violates these rules they may be banned. It's documented in the moderator's forums what rules they have violated. No, I do not have a problem banning people who are intent on causing problems or harassing other users. Luckily most people do not fall into this category.

Strange then when people get upset on your behalf when you are banned from concerts -

"I do not have a problem banning people who are intent on causing problems or harassing others" - ironic - that could be Morrissey speaking about you as you say luckily most people do not fall into this category

I think Morrissey banning the owner of the Morrissey forum is a very Morrissey thing to do, its very funny, he'll forgive Jesus next, oh wait...
Its much funnier than the April fools joke - he's on good form

Last edited:
Strange then when people get upset on your behalf when you are banned from concerts -

"I do not have a problem banning people who are intent on causing problems or harassing others" - ironic - that could be Morrissey speaking about you

You're missing the point or conflating two separate issues in your mind. David, until very recently, very rarely posted on here. See his comment in the Guardian article. Posters here are responsible for what they put here. Can you show me where David himself harassed Morrissey?

P.

Good point, Smiler. I'd forgotten about the April Fools 'joke'. It did leave a very bad taste in my mouth, in fact I initially thought it was a genuine story about changing the name of the site, such is my gullibility. That would've pissed Morrissey off phenomenally if he'd seen it. "Hey, Moz, we're gonna be really nice and positive towards you from now on. Hehe - fooled ya!"

yes the site has simply become too big for its boots and thumbing its nose at Morrissey in this way tells the tale behind the real reasons for the slant toward Morrissey the site has taken - it isn't open and free its aggresive and disruptive - it doesn't have to be like that

You're missing the point or conflating two separate issues in your mind. David, until very recently, very rarely posted on here. See his comment in the Guardian article. Posters here are responsible for what they put here. Can you show me where David himself harassed Morrissey?

P.

but david owns the site and has the power to set the tone - you can set the tone in many subtle ways that will not change the natural flow of debate - davidt must take some responsibility for the content of the site he owns. He had TandC's and moderstors so he must undestand that. If i posted your phone number I assumed I'd be banned? but if i posted a link to a mega-upload that contained your phone number that is apparently "content"

It a fine line and i think davidt has drawn the line in the wrong place - The site has become aggressively anti-Morrissey - the April Fools joke tells the tale

The fact is if Morrissey came on here and started trolling he'd be banned it seems Morrissey has his own TandC's and his own Moz-erators and they have decided (after many warnings and many violations direct and indirect) that davidt should be banned - seems fair to me and difficult to argue with

Back
Top Bottom