The Lexicography of The Pimp.

• Thread starter James Murray, of The OED
  • Start date
J

James Murray, of The OED

Pimp:

When did "wompom" enter the English language?

What is the meaning of this word?

What is this word's etymology (origion/history)?

Is the meaning derived from the connection between "pimping" making money, and the female genitalia?

Do tell?

> Pimp:

> When did "wompom" enter the English language?

> What is the meaning of this word?
Money

> What is this word's etymology (origion/history)?
Native American
> Is the meaning derived from the connection between "pimping"
> making money, and the female genitalia?
See Above
> Do tell?

f***in' wompom belts rule. I'm wearing one right now, it's worth a keg of firewater.

WomPOM if you must know,i believe "originated" with the indians wayyyyy back when. I believed they used to call their money "wompom". Just another word for money...same like:dead presidents,cabbage,bread,dough,skrilla,cheddar(note those last two are completely stupid,but then so is alot of things in the black culture),duckets,lootcakes. Thats the answer...help you out?????? I thought so..

Now,do you know the meaning of yoshinoya????? "the soup of champions" "the wonder soup" "the best damn soup on the planet".end of story. You must try the yoshinoya...it is simply delightful.

BTW,I know what etymology means,but thanks....Like I said,it originated when the native americans(indians) were around,they used the word to describe their currency or (money). I like to try to use words or phrases that we havent heard in a while,or sometimes,Yes,I indeed make words up. Stick around,there's alot more stuff like that on the way.

I promise.