The Libertines

Absurd

Head in a blouse
I like them. Do you?

the-libertines.jpg

I like them. Do you?

the-libertines.jpg

I love them SO much! The best band since the Smiths!

The little bird on the inside sleeve of 'Up the Bracket' I have tattooed on the bottom of my left wrist & the Babyshambles 'French Dog' on the top of the same wrist.

I wish Pete would come to the U.S.! Preferably w/ Babyshambles but solo would be fine..

I was super sad when Dirty Pretty Things broke up..

I won't even go into how devastated I was when the Libs split..

-BLLT

I like them. Do you?

the-libertines.jpg

Love love love the Libertines, when Up the bracket came out it was a major breath of fresh air. Seen them live a few times, randomly walked down a Birmingham street with Carl and Pete and managed to get Pete's autograph after a Babyshambles gig in Leicester. I love how relaxed with fans they were and kick started the whole 'underground' gig thing. Don't listen to the music as often as i should!

I like them -> seend the libertines in 2002 with the Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace and wasnt impressed, but 2005 i tried it again, and they totally got me.... I was done with the whole punk-thing, and they made me believe in music again.... not as good as morrissey though, in no way

I do! Good song arragements as well. The Man Who Would Be King, Radio America and When The Lights Go Out are favorites.

Favourite songs, guys? And what do you think of all these reunion rumours?

The Libertines meant everything to me when I was 13; I followed their spats and bust ups with such an investment of emotion. Their split saddened me so much and they're the only band I have ever experienced this sort of feeling with in my own lifetime. I'm so pleased to say that looking back on their musical output I still think they were brilliant. Yes it's easy to knock Doherty because he's been thrown about in the press, pushed to the front page on a slow news day, and of course he has done some genuinely stupid things. But above all that he's intelligent and produces some beautiful music. I wish more people would make an effort to see that (it's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate...).

I used to really love them, but I haven't listened to them properly in a while. I'll have to re-discover them. :thumb:

Pete Doherty has an entry in my dictionary (it contains short biographies of some famous people), but they spelt his name as Docherty. :(

Back
Top Bottom