The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 137: PAPA JACK

How do you rate Papa Jack?

• Total voters
Quite possibly the worst song Morrissey has ever recorded. I don't even want to waste anymore time expressing my thoughts on this one. A 2 if ever there was one.

Hola, Comtesse! We voted exactly the same on this one. Imagine that!

I would've given it a 1, but I thought, "There must be a worse song he's recorded than that." I still can't think of any, but I've probably repressed such awful knowledge. If there are worse songs, they're probably from ROTT. ;)

omg, this song actually got a 10 from someone. are you crazy?? deaf?? seriously. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

yeah. thats right. you got the quadruple eyeroll of death.

Please don't blame this on The Who. Pete Townshend is one of the few people that can write lyrics to equal Morrissey's. I would have to listen to this to vote on it. I only listen to a few songs from Maladjusted, always mp3's and I don't really remember what this sounds like.

yes it is. 'hell' sounds like hymn - bad end lyric as well 'And if ever I Just wanted to cry
Then I will Because I can' - that line makes me want to cry. i don't know why so many like it! sorry

Hola, Comtesse! We voted exactly the same on this one. Imagine that!

I would've given it a 1, but I thought, "There must be a worse song he's recorded than that." I still can't think of any, but I've probably repressed such awful knowledge. If there are worse songs, they're probably from ROTT. ;)

"I Just Want To See The Boy Happy" comes close... as does "Sorrow Will Come In The End"... but no, I think this is the worst song Morrissey has ever recorded. Oh, wait - I forgot "Sweetie-Pie"... hmmmm... close call.

I really can't understand why this song appears to be so hated.
It's not great or perfect but has a good melody and lyrics and isn't a "typical" Moz by numbers song.

I wish he'd do more stuff like this.
Sweetie Pie is another unusual Morrissey track that,I think,is one of his best

I thought I was being harsh by giving it a 6. . .I'm surprised how low it's scoring. Pretty dull, yeah. Definitely no favourite of mine.

--jeniphir

2/10. Shit........​

This song is in fact very very good, especially the end and the guitar solo.
One of my favourites from Maladjusted.

I declare this as Moz's worst ever track. The music as well as the singing are not simply subpar, but actually cringeworthy. It's reprehensible that this song was ever recorded let alone deemed album worthy, especially considering such amazing songs from this era were relegated to b-sides, ie "I Can Have Both", "Heir Apparent" & "Lost". Has there been a poll as to least fave moz song of all-time? Surely this would be victorious!

Back
Top Bottom