The Official Sandwich Thread

Busy Clippers

Anybody care to tell us about your favorite sandwich?

Inspired by this post from Uncleskinny

Mine is the hummus with roasted eggplant, but I'm getting a little bored with it.

hummus20pitald6.jpg

Do bagels count?
The other day I had...
Sesame seed bagel with cheddar cheese, ginger wasabi sauce, sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and stuffed olives.
Hello Alma, btw :)

In Japan you'll find bizarre fillings of sandwiches.
For example, yakisoba (fried noodle), croquette and pork/chicken cutlet etc.

My favourites are hummus with roast vegetable and tomato with mozzarella.

Do bagels count?
The other day I had...
Sesame seed bagel with cheddar cheese, ginger wasabi sauce, sundried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and stuffed olives.
Hello Alma, btw :)

Ginger wasabi sauce? It's very new to me.
In Japan maybe some people put mastard, but not wasabi on sandwiches.

mmmmmm.......cucumber tea sandwiches and raspberry tea at my favorite local tea shop. Followed by the dessert tray. A very LARGE dessert tray.

honestly??
its simple as hell, but i die when i eat a turkey, pepperoni, salami, provolone, swiss, pickles, tomato, lettuce on white dipped in ranch dressing..... and i have about 2 per week:D

The Dagwood Supreme from Dagwood's in Bloomington, IN.

Sometimes I take the 1 1/2 hour trip up there just for that sandy.

Speaking of Bloomington, there was a place called the Encore Cafe back in the mid-90s (is it still there? It's a block or two west of the square) that made a sandwich called the Big Al, and it's one of my favorites--a baguette with sliced tomatoes, real mozzarella, roasted red peppers, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar & olive oil, & a sprinkling of oregano and basil. Delicious.

Speaking of Bloomington, there was a place called the Encore Cafe back in the mid-90s (is it still there? It's a block or two west of the square) that made a sandwich called the Big Al, and it's one of my favorites--a baguette with sliced tomatoes, real mozzarella, roasted red peppers, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar & olive oil, & a sprinkling of oregano and basil. Delicious.

That sounds amazing! I'll be there next Sunday hopefully, I'll be on the lookout for it.

I love cream cheese sandwiches...

cream cheese and green pimento olives

cream cheese/ marmalade

cream cheese/strawberry jelly

I also like American cheese with green peppers.

YUM!!:D

I went to IU...Dagwoods was splendid!

I don't remember it, actually. I don't think I ever ate there!

Bloomington had lots of great restaurants--Tina's Deli, Garcia's Pizza (closed in '95 or so), The Laughing Planet burritos (I've told my horror story about there hot sauce here at least once), the Uptown, etc. We refuse to visit Bloomington ever again (long story), but we do miss a lot of those eateries.

Bloomington had lots of great restaurants--Tina's Deli, Garcia's Pizza (closed in '95 or so), The Laughing Planet burritos (I've told my horror story about there hot sauce here at least once), the Uptown, etc. We refuse to visit Bloomington ever again (long story), but we do miss a lot of those eateries.

Did you ever go to The Snow Lion? The Tibetan restaurant, owned by the Dali Lama's brother? I loved that place.

I've never heard the "hot sauce" story, do tell.

I'm pretty sure The Laughing Planet is still there. I really must get some Mother Bear's though.

Did you ever go to The Snow Lion? The Tibetan restaurant, owned by the Dali Lama's brother? I loved that place.

Oh, yeah, I was trying to remember the name of that place. I went there only once, as part of a dinner for my department. There was also some French restaurant across the street from it that seemed really shady--we made reservations a few weeks in advance for Valentine's Day one year, and when we showed up, the restaurant was closed, with no sign explaining why. We probably went to the Encore Cafe instead. :D

What years were you there? We were there in grad school in 94 through 96.

Oh, yeah, I was trying to remember the name of that place. I went there only once, as part of a dinner for my department. There was also some French restaurant across the street from it that seemed really shady--we made reservations a few weeks in advance for Valentine's Day one year, and when we showed up, the restaurant was closed, with no sign explaining why. We probably went to the Encore Cafe instead. :D

What years were you there? We were there in grad school in 94 through 96.

That is funny...I graduated from IU...my younger sister was there from '93-'96, and I visited her often during those years. She worked at an ice cream joint....I can't recall the name, but they delivered.
Wow...those days ;)

Back
Top Bottom