the OFFICIAL world cup 2010 thread

Not seen a great game yet, Germany were impressive mind.

Have to agree, but i really do think the players need to get used to the pitches, atmosphere and the ball itself

I've been mightily impressed by the North Koreans. Not for keeping the score down against Brazil but for this little tale:

As for North Korea's star striker, he is the Japan‑born Jong Tae-se, who plays in Japan's J‑League, drives a Hummer and finds his team‑mates appealingly quaint.

Writing on his blog earlier this year, Jong described a stopover on a team trip from Switzerland to Austria, during which his team‑mates were stunned to discover you had to pay to use the gents in a station.
"They turned to me," recalled Jong, "and said, 'This is truly what capitalist society is like.'" It's a reasonable point.

They've only gone and scored!

'This is truly what capitalist society is like.'" It's a reasonable point.

I hope they don't run into George Michael at any of those or we're going to get a really bad name.

On the other hand, if they ran into Larry "Wide Stance" Craig, they'd have an exact and unimprovable picture of American politics.

Perhaps they were shaken into action having had Brazil's second goal made in Eastlands (before the Brazilians went AWOL)

I hope they don't run into George Michael at any of those or we're going to get a really bad name.

:lbf::lbf:

George Michael: went in to spend a penny and came out with a few coppers!

1276448165430.jpg

Well, I'm glad I blew off studying to watch Spain v Switzerland - very good match, and what a surprise.

That Swiss goalkeeper is mighty fine. :thumb:

Well, I'm glad I blew off studying to watch Spain v Switzerland - very good match, and what a surprise.

That Swiss goalkeeper is mighty fine. :thumb:

Great match, indeed. Could you believe the shot that bounced off the goal and didn't go in?

I skipped out of the office to go to a bar and watch it with my bf, who is from Switzerland.

I've decided that I like going back to the office at 1:00ish in the afternoon after having a few German beers. :thumb:

At this moment in time them 3 are the best players in the world and at this moment in time Rooney is just edging it with messi very very close behind. Rooney helps all over the pitch wereas messi is just a force up front. His 3 goals last night were pure class but rooneys whole game play yesterday was fantastic

Rooney better than Messi? :crazy:

Rooney better than Messi? :crazy:

at the time yes, as i said at the time, rooneys OVERALL game was slightly better than messi's.

now the season is almost over, after world cup, i would rank Messi higher than rooney

My Top 5 Players this season.....

1.Messi
2.Rooney
3.Tevez
4.Forlan
5.Milito

But best players stats wise

Messi, Rooney, Drogba, Suarez, Ronaldo

Last edited:
Greece - Nigeria.
Nigerian player foolishly kicks out at Greek player, and misses. Greek goes down like he's been sliced in half.
Ref sends off Nigerian. Presumably for intent. Does not book Greek cheat. Disgusting cheat. :mad:

Too many games spoiled by players (of most teams) going down under minimal or non-existant "contact" in order to get a free kick. If the refs keep blowing foul just because there was some slight degree of contact the game is finished. How can you play football without actually touching your opponent?

Commentators = apologists for the ruination of the Game.

Poor play acting but completely stupid by Kaita and deserved to go. Complete idiot.

Chile the most impressive side so far for me, extremely versatile and fluid system, with every player comfortable on the ball. If they had their usual striker on against Honduras it could have been a 5-0 at least. Can't wait for their match with Spain.

Shout out to the North Koreans, who were all true professionals, played the game without any dirtyness or drama.

Poor play acting but completely stupid by Kaita and deserved to go. Complete idiot.

Chile the most impressive side so far for me, extremely versatile and fluid system, with every player comfortable on the ball. If they had their usual striker on against Honduras it could have been a 5-0 at least. Can't wait for their match with Spain.

Shout out to the North Koreans, who were all true professionals, played the game without any dirtyness or drama.

Completely agree..

Well the World Cup kicked into life today (and yesterday) Argentina were very impressive.

As for France :lbf:

I'm proud to say I've watched every game, I am a saddo. Germany v Serbia tomorrow should be a good 'un. I'm going to venture out in England tomorrow to watch their game. Of course when they win 3-0 it will be "we're gonna win the World Cup." Yeh right after beating the mighty Algeria. I'm with Zidane!

Mick McCarthy nearly felt sorry for the Germans. But not quite :lbf:

Tags
football hornets soccer vulvazelas
Back
Top Bottom