The Smiths- All Men Have Secrets

Lilac 1

Anyone else got the book "The Smiths- All Men Have Secrets" ...I cant remember whos it by..but its a collection of fans thoughts and memories of all Smiths songs. Its really interesting and a good read. Anyone else read it ?

Lilac, I bought it when it first came out. I remember only getting to about halfway and getting bored. So, I can't give you a proper review. It's pretty much memories of people when they first heard the Smiths and what a particular track means to them. It came out in 95 I think.

Any ideas where I can get a copy of this book ?
Cheers
Guys

Oh, Julia... :) Stuff that name in everybody's faces again! Nice touch, Mr Sifredi ;)

I too have a mention in the book - regretted it after when I read the others. I assumed it would be one per person, some people had multiple entries (Angela from Huddersfield to name one) I had quite a few stories much better than the one I submitted.
There have been times when reading the book it has made me laugh and times it has made me cry, it is that kind of book and I revisit it quite often.
One of the three producers of the book died a few years later in a car crash in Russia. I wrote to him - not knowing he had died - a few years ago and had a really nice, but sad, letter from his sister.

The Goat

Back
Top Bottom